• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

An Official Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewgong Reign

Strange is Relative
Reaction score
I'd like to request that PETA threads on this board be banned. PETA threads ALL end in 2% of people trying to say they're a simple misguided cause, the other 98% just whining about their publicity stunts.

These threads have no productivity at all. They're a waste of time, and the group does not need any more publicity. It's a fairly obvious fact that threads like I've seen around here just give them more publicity. Everybody talks about how they're such a "animal rights group that gives animal lovers a bad name", while they are NOT an animal rights group. They claim to be, but their actions prove otherwise. Responses showing this do nothing. There is no productivity or healthy debate. There is one big mob complaining in unison how they're so jacked up.

These things are completely irrelevant. People can find them if they want to in different places on the Internet, but threads with the latest PETA stunt are simply new mosh pits of whining and laughing at them.

I highly doubt my request will even be considered, as I've seen several moderators also responding simply to say which stunt is the most laughable, frightening, or stupid.

Still, please hear me out. There is no need for or productivity of PETA threads, and they don't deserve a righteous spot on the forums.

Shouldn't this be in the suggestions forum?

Topic bans like this are a bad idea... it usually leads to a never ending slope of people wanting things that upset them banned from discussion.

If you're seeing mob mentality you can't argue with, it's best just say your peace and move along, banning it is not really the best way to go.

Shouldn't this be in the suggestions forum?

Oops...

Topic bans like this are a bad idea... it usually leads to a never ending slope of people wanting things that upset them banned from discussion.

If you're seeing mob mentality you can't argue with, it's best just say your peace and move along, banning it is not really the best way to go.

I would agree with you if it weren't for all the extra publicity PETA gains this way.

oh noes, getting publicity on a POKEMON FORUM?! perish the thought.

It's sounds stupid, I know.

Then again, this Pokemon forum debates about politics, religion, and the end of the world as well.

No.

What one member find stupid and irrelevant, another member may find interesting.

As for free publicity, PETA will get it whether or not we allow discussion of them on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom