• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animal Crossing General Discussion Thread

Your favorite game in the Animal Crossing series?

• Animal Forest (N64)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Would y’all recommend getting ACNH? I haven’t played any Animal Crossing games before, and I won’t be able to play most of the time on weekdays, but I am interested in the “developing a home and island” concept.

I say yes if you're into relaxing types of games like these! The new update added a substantial amount of content and the game feels more developed now than when it released in March 2020. It's a slow burn, especially if you won't be able to play often, but a beautiful game that has been a huge time sink for people. I know people with 1000+ hours and counting haha.

If you're looking to customize your island heavily just be aware that designing outside of your home/on your island itself is a tile-by-tile process so that will require time. Interior designing has a faster UI, but it's only accessible in your home (and in the DLC content).

Here are some of Winona's AC outfits.
IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2385.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG
IMG_2380.JPG

I can share more outfits if you like these!

Last edited:
ACNH is my most played Switch game. Farming is pretty fun.

My favourite of the series is New Leaf... and the Gamecube version though.

Not sure if this counts as Happy Home Paradise spoilers (can Animal Crossing spoilers even exist?) but I figure it's relevant to a Pokémon forum: the other day I designed the hospital facility, and I modeled the main room after the FR/LG Pokémon Center interior. :cool:

also, a side note: I think that K.K. Robot Synth is probably my new favorite K.K. Slider song. A lot of the new ones that got added are good, but it's kind of hilarious that we have a Vocaloid-style song in Animal Crossing now.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is by far my most played game on the Switch. However, despite all my play time, there are still some pieces of fruit that I don't have yet. I was wondering if anyone has Apples or Pears since I'm still missing them but I have a ton of recipes, both crafting and cooking, that use them.

I really like Animal Crossing because it's both relaxing and fun! My favorite in the series is New Leaf, which introduced me to the franchise back in 2014. I was amazed by all of the customization options available by scanning QR Codes. In addition, I liked the island tour minigames and how you can play hide-and-seek with your villagers, which sadly isn't available in NH. I also adore the music, especially the 5 PM and 7 PM themes.

After NL, I bought Wild World last year and thought it was pretty good. While the game lacks holidays and the QoL improvements that the newer games have, I really liked the villager interaction and dialogue from WW because of how engaging it is. And the opening theme is gorgeous.

I didn't buy New Horizons until recently because the game felt incomplete before the software update, and I found the terraforming mechanics overwhelming. Plus, I wanted to spend more time planning out my island, so I waited until this year to buy it. There are definitely some things I appreciate about the game, such as how you can place furniture outside and customize to your heart's content to create your island paradise. Plus, I like that the villagers won't move without your permission. However, I definitely agree that the dialogue in NH is bland because the villagers don't chat about their hobbies as often as in their predecessors. I really liked how the villagers in WW would give the player pop quizzes because it made them more interesting, but in NH the villagers typically make only a single comment about generic topics like the weather when I talk to them. That's why I still play WW, it's because the villager interactions are more charming, and their personalities were more fleshed out. Also, while I admit the graphics of NH are beautiful, I find that they're too hyper-realistic and would like to see a different art style in future AC games. Nevertheless, I still think NH is a fun game and I plan on taking it slow as I progress in the game. So far, I finally got a five-star island and I'm currently collecting items and planting flowers that I want to use to design my island. Once I've collected all of the furniture and fruits I want, I'll start terraforming. Moreover, I'll buy the DLC sometime later this year.

Also, not to brag but I completed the Fossil collection for the Museum in NL and WW. Don't plan on finishing it in NH though since I'm more focused on designing my island.

As for the villagers, my favorites are Filbert, Chester, Stitches, and Apple. I also admire Sherb, Chevre, Melba, Anicotti, Sprinkle, Iggly, Bunnie, Sasha, Chief, and Wolfgang. I'm generally fond of the goats, penguins, ostriches, and wolves. Celeste is my favorite NPC because she's cute and I love owls. I also like C.J. and Kicks because their cool-looking. My favorite personality types are the Lazies and Peppies from NL since they're easy to get along with. I like the Normals since they resemble me and share mutuals hobbies with me in reading books. I'm not familiar with the personality types in NH, though they all seem uniformly similar to one another, thus rendering them boring.

My favorite aspect of Animal Crossing is spending time with my villagers and celebrating holidays with them. In addition, I enjoy customizing and planning out my island in NH, though I try not to compare myself with others who have more experience than me in terraforming and designing.

I know this is a very lengthy post, but I really like this franchise. The simplicity and charm of Animal Crossing are what I admire about it :)

I’m just gonna bump this thread and say I’m like, really glad New Leaf’s in the lead (we still need a bit more votes on the other games also).
New Leaf is my first one. I got it the Christmas after I got my first 3DS (I got a THIRD one, for Christmas because mine broke, guess why), and I dressed up as Santa, and delivered presents to all the animals (I also pulled a Team Rocket and I made it where no one knew it was me under a Santa costume). I collected money for house loans. I’ve also made three more characters in the town so I could of experimented, that data was deleted and so were other datas.

In 2017, I got my 3DS XL, with a second ACNL. I always played “solitaire”, which is ACNL all by myself (I put Ash, Serena, and May, all in a town, moved Serena out and Ash’s female counterpart Ashley took Serena’s place. Oh, and Selene also lived in Serena’s town. I have pictures of all them events lol).
Then, I began to delete more data, but 2019 was where I settle. I put Hatsune Miku (house loan all done), Kagamine Rin, Luka and Kaito on there while the other game data was AND IS based off my real self. I tried to delete the Miku data, but it wasn’t easy, and I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Bumping cause I don’t wanna make a new thread, and I want to say… I love animal crossing. Only game I’ve ever played is acnh, but it’s great. Half the people in my Nintendo switch friends are people I know irl that I asked to play anch with me. (We only did like… once but still)

My anch person looks absolutely nothing like me and I love hoarding clothes (irl I don’t put that much thought into what I’m wearing, other than whether I’m comfortable or not. Also Pokémon clothes have priority in my closet irl)

Still trying to pay off my loan to get a basement and extra storage (I really need them)

Also if I make little doodles of my acnh player should I post them here too?

New Leaf is the only game in this franchise I've played but I put quite a few hours into it.

And by 'quite a few' I mean at least 332 hours, which is what it says on my Activity Log on my 3DS, but that's my second 3DS (cause my first one broke) and I don't remember how many hours I played on my OG model.

My character is dressed like Utena Tenjou in it!

Haven't touched it in a few years though...my poor villagers...

I think I have a nurse joy cosplay rn, but with my normal hair and accessories!

i own too many clothes
You should see the clothes I have. I have a full cosplay of several characters: N, both original BW protags, WordGirl, etc. I don’t remember the rest. I’d have to play the game again, then I’ll update.

I played Horizons for like a week during the peak of the pandemic, but I've fallen off hard in the past 3 years (I'm pretty sure my character's still a guy lol. Maybe should at least change that). Definitely helped me out during a tough time at least.

Played a fair bit of Wild World back in the day too. Got my money out of that

I definitely don’t play as much anymore, but I still love animal crossing!

(unrelated but one of my favourite villagers is Raymond and it didn’t come from the whole internet thing. It’s weird. Then he appears at my island. In the campsite. Guess who he wants to move out. Alice, my current favourite. I let Raymond take her spot cause I thought one of my friends was trying to get rid of Alice for some reason. Turns out she already did. :( )

OMG THIS THREAD EXISTS?? cant wait to post here every single day
im very proud to have been the only person who voted for wild world and city folk!! i know i'm just nostalgia blind but like... i love ww's vibes i guess, and city folk was my first ever video game, so
i have all of them except the n64 one lol, and i still play all of them religiously ofc ofc. (the series was the first hyperfixation i remember having,, i was three when i first got city folk and i immediately started spending ALL of my time playing it)
i LOVELOVELOVVVVVVVELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all of them though... i know i kinda go ace attorney this street fighter that when i talk abt the games i play apart from pkmn but animal crossing is still probably the most important series to me ever
my favorite villager is tia!!! i love elephants and tea cups and i think her design is rly cute so...!!!

Back
Top Bottom