• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animals, Plants and other Things not already used for Pokémon

Re: Animals, not already used for Pokémon

me too, but he's based on a mix between the two apparently...

random kids: What's a Platypus?
i guuess that's why, but i dunno LOL

@Ghaskan

From Bulbapedia
Origin
Psyduck's apparent lack of feathers and ability to fly, along with its claws, suggest that its design draws inspiration from a platypus with some influence from ducks.

I don't see any platypus traits on Psyduck. :confused: Which are you talking about?

It says on Bulbapedia. I don't see any real traits either, but maybe the duck bill?

^^ Agreed 100%
maybe have a Dolphin as Luvdiscs's Evo?

Last edited:

I assumed that Psyduck was based upon a platypus when I first saw his sprite in Blue. Then when he appeared in the anime and I finally saw him from behind I noticed that the tail was like a duck's. Since then I've seen him as more of a combination of the two.

Oh, alright Serperior. It's minor, but it's there. Still, it's not a bad idea to create a "real" dolphin and platypus, though.

Agreed. 2 minor similarities isn't really a platypus or dolphin...

^^ Meet Kyogre...
i know its weird people... but Killer Whales/Orcas AREN'T WHALES! they're..... DOLPHINS!!
i'm not joking

ALL dolphins are whales. Orcas are in the dolphin family, but dolphins are members of the whale family. Connect the dots...Orca=whale.

And for the record, a bottlenose seems to be what people want when referring to dolphins. There is no Pokemon that comes close to that.

^^ Meet Kyogre...
i know its weird people... but Killer Whales/Orcas AREN'T WHALES! they're..... DOLPHINS!!
i'm not joking

ALL dolphins are whales. Orcas are in the dolphin family, but dolphins are members of the whale family. Connect the dots...Orca=whale.

And for the record, a bottlenose seems to be what people want when referring to dolphins. There is no Pokemon that comes close to that.

Im not sure if these pokemon already exist buy these are the animals Ive come up with
Gorilla
Gazelle
Giraffe
Alpacca/llama
Wombat
Koala
Goat

picture.php

Greetings I am Arceus, God and Maker of all Pokemon!

AHHHHHHHH. The idotic anwsers just never seem to stop :eek:hdear:
Giraffe:
20100417200131!203Girafarig.png

Gorilla:
289Slaking.png

No. A dolphin has not been used yet.

Oh wow how did I forget about Girafigig epic fail on my part.

Although I dont really consider slaking a gorilla its more of a mix of a sloth, a pig and an ape. I meant a pure gorilla pokemon.

True

picture.php

Greetings I am Arceus, God and Maker of all Pokemon!

That's actually subjective, he still could be a Horse, but i shat brix from the image

Oh wow how did I forget about Girafigig epic fail on my part.

Although I dont really consider slaking a gorilla its more of a mix of a sloth, a pig and an ape. I meant a pure gorilla pokemon.

he is a Pure gorilla...

platypus would be a good one; dodo would be another
Psyduck has a Platypus in his mix, and Doduo is a Dodo.

An Iguana. I don't think anyone mentioned an Iguana in this thread yet.

I know we already have a number of dog-based pokemon, but I want a Chihuahua who evolves into a Great Dane. Just for the novelty of it. :3

Well, not all of these are animals, but what the hell.

1. Dolphins. I guess Kyogre could count, since orcas are basically really big dolphins, but... Yeah.
2. Raptors. And if I see someone say that the Treecko line is based on raptors one more time, I will end them!
3. Pacific Northwest art. Basically, totem poles and Native American masks. I was really disappointed that Tsunbear/Beartic wasn't based on this, and is one of my least favorite Pokémon from the fith gen, design-wise.
4. Chupacabra: Dark/Flying? Dark/Poison? Either way, it'd be a good fit if the next few games are set in "America" like Isshu/Unova is.
5. Kraken/giant squid: Maybe an Octillery evo? I dunno, but a really, really big squid.
6. Sperm whale: The natural enemy of the giant squid, like Zangoose and Seviper. Maybe put some narwhal elements in there, too.
7. Earthworm: We... Really haven't gotten an earthworm yet, have we?
8. Cerberus: Houndoom's a hellhound, but Cerberus would make a good Dark/Fire Legendary.
9. Gorilla: We've had all sorts of apes; we've even had a pig-monkey! But we haven't had a gorilla so far... Unless you count Slaking.
10. Mothman: Now this would be a creepy Pokémon. Probably Ghost/Bug, and pretty nasty looking.

Oddly, they still haven't made a Fly. Even though it would likely just be Bug/Flying, it is odd that they would not use such a common animal (unless they are not so common in Japan).

Well, they haven't made a roach, either... Unless you count the guy in my avatar.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom