• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animals, Plants and other Things not already used for Pokémon

Animals which would be awesome as new Pokemon

The only one that comes to my mind for the time being is swordfish. We've seen many fish Pokemon as water Pokemon all these generations: goldfish, shark, piranha...but no swordfish. And its evolution could be based on hammerhead shark.

Last edited:
Re: Animals which would be awesome as new Pokemon

An Ice-type husky/Malamute Pokémon would be awesome! Perhaps it could evolve from a stumpy little puppy into a huge, wolflike creature. More dog breeds in general would be cool.

Re: Animals which would be awesome as new Pokemon

There are ton of dinosaurs they could always do:
Tyrannosaurus (I don't Tyranitar)
Stegosaurus
Triceratops (Bastiodon doesn't have any horns)
Velociraptor
Ankylosaurus

And other animals:
Ice type Wolf

Mythical Creaures:
Kraken
Minotaur
Pegasus
Medusa

How about a lightbulb pokémon? It could be like Foongus, but this time pretending to be a light source rather than an item. The light would flicker out and a battle would be triggered when the PC gets too close to it.

cockroaches (bug/dark)
bamboo trees (grass/fighting)
bones/fossils/skeletal figures (ghost/rock)
sea cucumber (water/poison)
flaming tree (fire/grass)

I demand a Toucan that evolves into a Hornbill. Make it Electric/Flying or Fire/Flying.

Also a goat that evolves into a big-horned sheep, a psychic dolphin, a Dodo-bird/emu/ostrich line, a bird of paradise plant pokemon, that actually is like a bird, a jack-o-lantern/mandrake line, a steel/ghost pokemon that's like a haunted suit of armor, a clock pokemon, and something based on fireworks.

A dolphin, an umbrella, a grasshopper, a mosquito, grass (odd how there are no grass types based on grass itself), and a squid.

I want an umbrella too.

Blobfish, sea cucumbers, giant squids, cuttlefish, fangtooths, sand dollars/sea cookies, scorpionfish, anemones, nudibranches (although Shellos/Gastrodon comes close), sea pens, lungfish, man-of-wars, isopods, stonefish, urchins, swordfish.

Orchid mantises and scarab beetles.

Velociraptors. And I don't mean the Jurassic Park ones, I mean the ones that had feathers. (Not Archeops, that's an archeopteryx.) Other prehistoric critters I'd like to see are helicoprions, goblin and frilled sharks, aaaand quetzalcoatlus.

Goats! Especially fainting goats.

Narwhals.

Oh man there's a lot.
I said this in another thread, but for some reason I've always wanted to see a mosquito or fly pokemon, and have the baby pokemon be a maggot or mosquito larva. It's gross but it's interesting.
I want a softshell turtle, dolphin, shark, a weasel that actually looks like a weasel, manatee, goat, rhino, a pseudopikachu(like plusle,pachirisu, emolga) pika/hyrax, woodpecker, flamingo, heron, ratite-based, narwhal, puffin, hummingbird, something that looks like the purple donut frog, stingray, sturgeon pokemon would be REALLY cool, swordfish, sponge, chair (jk), sawgrass based would be grass/steel, and since they made vanillice, I'd wanna see a pirouette stick or some sort of cookie pokemon. Definitly want some more fish pokemon.
Some came true, like Swanna-swan and Eelektross-eel, and Samurott-sea lion/bearish. I remember going absolutely batshit nuts when I saw relicanth, because at that time I was obsessed with coelecanths.

Animals you want to see made into Pokemon?

Pokemon X/Y are coming in four months’ time, but all of the Gen VI Pokemon that we have as of now weren't what I really wanted, despite their decent designs. I've seen threads similar to this one in different websites, so I decided to as well~

Is there any animal you want to see made into a Pokemon? Here is what I want, with reasons why.

Swordfish - If there was a swordfish Pokemon, I would like for it to be Water/Fighting or Water/Steel, have it in knight-like armour and its bill resembling a sword. I know it is a rather bad pun, (Or whatever it is.) but still.

Bandicoot - Since I am a fan of the Crash Bandicoot franchise and there is barely any Pokemon based on an Australian animal, (There's Kangaskhan, but it looks more like a dinosaur to me...) I would love to see a bandicoot-like Pokemon.

Ferret - I know we had Furret, but I want a ferret with the looks of a domestic ferret. Furret does not look like one.

Objects, plants and mythical creatures are acceptable too because not every Pokemon needs to be an animal. Come to think of it, I'll talk about what object/plant/mythical creature I want to see made into a Pokemon later.

Re: Animals you want to see made into Pokemon?

African Hunting Dog. They're like Hyenas, only more badass because they kill their prey by disemboweling them.

A squid Pokemon, maybe it could have an evolutionary line where it starts out as a small more like a normal squid, than gets bigger and more resembling a cuttlefish, with it's last stage being a giant squid.

That, and a nurse shark.

None in particular. To be honest, I like when they create Pokémon that aren't based on animals, but on myths, legends and cool stuff like that.

Is there a Pokémon directly based on a fly? I would like to see that.

None in particular. To be honest, I like when they create Pokémon that aren't based on animals, but on myths, legends and cool stuff like that.

I agree that there should be more myth based Pokemon, I would like something similar to Wendigo, Cu Sith or celtic creatures, and those last ones are more possible for gen VI since Kalos it's based on France and Xerneas it's based on Cernunnos.

Anyways, an opossum, cockroach and even a sea cucumber would be nice pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom