• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Based Character Teams?

s|ush

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had put together an Anime based team. I am just about to put to gether and train up all of Ash's current Pokemon. To my knowledge I think I counted 22ish. I picked Ash as I have always found him to be a powerful trainer. Also he has nearly every type of Pokemon going so he would be good to get a powerful team.

Has anyone done anything similar, if not the same?

My Emerald team is Brock-based. I'm considering training up the ones I missed in Pearl (though I've already trained an Onix, which is why I left it out). They're all going to reach level 100 soon, and they've all shown themselves to be amazing in battles. Particularly double battles, actually, despite my fondness of Earthquake.

These movesets are gonna change in DP, I'm certain... Skippy has Waterfall in preparation for that, actually, since I've heard Waterfall is Physical now. And some of them I've been iffy about already, like Zap Cannon on Christ...

Skippy the Swampert ♂
Shell Bell, Torrent
Earthquake
Waterfall
Rock Slide
Return

Parapara the Ludicolo ♂
Rain Dish, Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Giga Drain
Rain Dance

Spazzy the Crobat ♂
Scope Lens, Inner Focus
Sludge Bomb
Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray

Cobbles the Golem ♂
King's Rock, Rock Head
Double Edge
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Explosion

Corona the Ninetales ♀
Brightpowder, Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Protect

Christ the Forretress ♂
Focus Band, Sturdy
Earthquake
Zap Cannon
Spikes
Explosion

Usually I start at the bottom and work up.

You named your Forretress "Christ"? LOL

Wow thats a very powerful team! Bet ur looking forward to Bonsly? So ur still looking for the Ground Type gym then :p
With a Brock based team you are sure to be it.
I was thinking about being a gym leader and had listed what I wanted to be, but now I'm not so sure that I would be good enough, plus I like multi-type teams. I have never been a big fan of same-type teams, it just doesn't suit the way I play

In the anime, Pokemon sometimes ignore the rules that they follow in the games. For example, in the episode where Ash first battles Brock, Pikachu's Thundershock brings down Brock's Geodude; a feat that no in-game Pikachu can accomplish. Many trainers in the anime disregard type-combinations when attacking. Anime-based teams may be amusing, but they won't be particularly useful in competitive play.

Thats a point well made, however I think that Ash's team has come a long way since then. I mean he now has a wider variety of Pokemon and types. As far as i know the only types he doens't currenty own is a Rock type, Psychic type, Steel and Ghost or a Fighting type. Which isn't to many, but I think that maybe a Steel or Pshychic type could help. I mean his Donphan is a Ground type so Rock isn't that needed. But for the games I think his Pokemon would provide a good team of Pokemon with most types accounted for and ready to battle against.

In the anime, Pokemon sometimes ignore the rules that they follow in the games. For example, in the episode where Ash first battles Brock, Pikachu's Thundershock brings down Brock's Geodude; a feat that no in-game Pikachu can accomplish. Many trainers in the anime disregard type-combinations when attacking. Anime-based teams may be amusing, but they won't be particularly useful in competitive play.

Hey that's right....in the episode where Ash faces Blaine, Pikachu defeats Blaine's Rhydon by using it's horn as a lightning rod. That wouldn't happen in the video games...

AIM FOR THE HORN!

I always lose horribly when using character teams. XD

Well, if you think about it Ash's Pikachu has more than 4 moves in gen 3;
Thunderbolt, thunder, quickattack, iron tail, agility.
I think he used all five moves in Advanced Challenge.

You named your Forretress "Christ"? LOL

The original idea was just that pinecones make me think of pine trees, which make me think of Christmas...

But, well, he is a martyr and usually goes out with an Explosion, so.

I like the thinking behind that name. Made me chuckle when i read it being a martyr...

I made a Brock Team on my Ruby Version too

Swampert
Ludicolo
Golem
Crobat
Forretress
Steelix (no nicknames)

When Emerald came out, Hoenn was just about ending in Japan so I went through the game with Ash's team (except Pikachu...oh, and I evolved Corphish and Grovyle (at the time, Sceptile was a distance away).

It was REALLY fun to do in fact. With Treecko my Sceptile, Sarah my Glalie, Tara my Torkoal, Terry my Swellow, and Cristina my Crawdaunt I battled my way through the game. My sixth spot was left open for whoever I felt like.

When DP's 3rd game comes out, I may do that with Ash's final DP team.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom