• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Reads Hisuian Samurott's biography on the Pokemon website

Lmao no way in heck are writers ever allowing Ash to get that thing

View attachment 155744
It’s water dark
Greninja is also water dark
Imagine Ash’s Oshawott turning into a stone cold OP killer with Bond Phenomenon as a boost that becomes Ash’s ace and is determine to win. Hisuian Samurott is sick.
Edit: Now I cant stop fantasizing about Ash-Samurott

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/Mootmonthly/status/1494661845856276482?t=PlOa6SkB1cSLaR4RNNvKuQ&s=19

This shit right here would piss me off.

Why the hell is Sinnoh getting the lion share of story arcs while Galar got jack squat?

I'm getting real tired of Dawn being the only former companion to get continuous returns despite seemingly having next to no real on-screen progression

Where the hell was any of this stuff when Hoenn was getting a Remake?

The writers are so unbelievably bias towards Sinnoh it's ridiculous :bulbaFacepalm:

I'm getting real tired of Dawn being the only former companion to get continuous returns despite seemingly having next to no real on-screen progression
That's journey's monkey's paw I guess. If you want to see a character return many times, you get it but all they’re relegated to is legendary arcs and their return will never be the prime promotion point and they seem like they haven’t had any progression.

That's journey's monkey's paw I guess. If you want to see a character return many times, you get it but all they’re relegated to is legendary arcs and their return will never be the prime promotion point and they seem like they haven’t had any progression.
Almost every other trainer who has returned feels like they've been at least doing something since they've been away

Iris - Evolved her Axew, Now a Champion
Brock - Evolved his Chansey, is now a Doctor
Gary - Now a Project Mew member

Even flipping Cynthia and Korrina have new Pokémon (Kommo-mo and Mienshao)

Only Dawn and the Alola gang feel stagnant.

At least with the Alola gang it's more justifiable since it hasn't been that long ago since SuMo ended

But Dawn has been gone for nearly a decade prior to Journeys AND she's had the most returns out of any character yet there's nothing new or feels any different about her now than she was 9 years ago

https://twitter.com/Mootmonthly/status/1494661845856276482?t=PlOa6SkB1cSLaR4RNNvKuQ&s=19

Why the hell is Sinnoh getting the lion share of story arcs while Galar got jack squat?

The writers are so unbelievably bias towards Sinnoh it's ridiculous :bulbaFacepalm:
BDSP is over. If they do anything new it’ll probably be the Platinum plot from the games and being Cyrus back. So another copy of the Giratina and the Sky Warrior. I hate this. I’m done.
Give the other regions some love too... how can people be okay with this, especially because JN has been a clusterfuck when it comes to writing

Almost every other trainer who has returned feels like they've been at least doing something since they've been away

At least with the Alola gang it's more justifiable since it hasn't been that long ago since SuMo ended

But Dawn has been gone for nearly a decade prior to Journeys AND she's had the most returns out of any character yet there's nothing new or feels any different about her now than she was 9 years ago
Not to mention that most of the Alola gang's goals wouldn't benefit much from new captures/evolutions anyway. About the only upgrade I could see someone of the Alola cast get in between appearances is Lana finally evolving that glorified lap warmer of hers.

My best guess for Alolan companions is Lana returning, since her goal of seeing Manaphy mingles well with Sinnoh promotion.
If Lana does return, I hope Sandy has evolved into a Vaporeon by then. Or maybe does during the hypothetical episode's return.

Thaaaank you. Glad someone said it. Enough with the Sinnoh parade for like, 5 seconds, please! They just had the Arceus special last month. Galar....poor, poor Galar. Finally gets a shred of focus with these recent episodes with Marnie and Leon.....aaaaaand then they gotta go riiiight back to everyone's beloved Sinnoh Region again. And, you know what? I'll be the one to say it. Sinnoh's not my favorite, and I never liked Dawn much. Like at all. She's very.....meh to me. Fight me, Dawn worshippers! The other girls cough, May, cough, Serena deserve the screentime waaaaay more than she does right now.

I don't see any anime main character Pokémon here. Are these anime-based toys?

I don't see any anime main character Pokémon here. Are these anime-based toys?
I guess merch=spoilers? I saw Gible, Gabite, and Garchomp there, please Journeys, if nothing else, just let Ash's Gible evolve already. God. It's been almost 12 freakin years at this point. Even once into Gabite would suffice.

A part of me is okay with Sinnoh getting so much attention. They are putting more effort into tying Journeys with the newest games with these remakes and Legends Arceus than they did with Sword/Shield. It's also making better use of a region's setting than we've seen for most of the series. Maybe not as ideal as it could be, but they are at least making big deals about trips in Sinnoh or connected to that region, which is more than I can say for the many one episode day trips throughout the series, including earlier trips to Sinnoh. I'd even be okay with Dawn making another return. There are other characters that I want to see come back too, mainly Serena and May if they can pull that off somehow, and needless to say, I'm disappointed by her seemingly stagnant progress, but if another appearance could finally give her a Lopunny or more likely a Typhlosion, either the original one or the Hisuian form, I'd be happy. It wouldn't make up for giving her nothing new all this time, but it would be something.

That being said, I still really wish that Galar got more attention too. Sinnoh was already featured in its own series and Galar has had such minimal attention by comparison. I really loved a lot of characters in Sword/Shield and the Galar region itself, so it does feel like such a huge waste for the anime to barely focus on it and they aren't giving enough attention to featuring these different regions effectively either. I think more people would be okay with Sinnoh getting so much attention if they were able to do something similar with other regions. Having more mini arcs or even more two parters making use of the different regions to help them feel more distinct or at least like big events would probably go a lot way to make the world tour gimmick more effective.

Giratina getting an arc makes sense as it's one of the last major DP legendaries with no appearance this saga yet. And with the Project Mew characters going after the Regi's we'll likely see Regigigas in one of those eps too. Also Sinnoh got two major game releases of course they're going to promote it. It's really only ORAS that got the short end of the stick in the anime because even HGSS got a number of episodes too.

I don't know if Dawn will appear in this though, her cameos might be done and we'll just see the remaining DP legends without her.

And Brock even got the most.

Mega Steelix, got a Comfey. Everytime he returned, he got something new.

Back
Top Bottom