• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I'm not sure why they didn't just give Chloe Yamper after she became a trainer. Yamper was only really happy with Chloe and it was the reason why she found Eevee in the first place. You'd think that with the amount of attention it got during the first year of the series that it was eventually going to become Chloe's Pokemon. It isn't like having a second Pokemon would have taken up much screentime or importance away from Eevee, especially when Yamper's connection to Chloe was established first.

It isn't like having a second Pokemon would have taken up much screentime or importance away from Eevee, especially when Yamper's connection to Chloe was established first.
It kinda does, when you consider that both Pokemon are supposed to be "shoulder Pokemon", the same way Ash's Pikachu and Gou's unevolved Galar starters are. If they officially gave Yamper to Chloe, they'd be obligated to have it onscreen every time Chloe is onscreen, which would no longer work once Eevee was introduced. Having Yamper be constantly kept in its Pokeball to focus on Eevee would seem too awkward, so I guess the better option was to just... leave it in the lab, where's it's supposedly running around freely 24/7. Offscreen, but free.

Sure, there's technically nothing preventing them from giving a character two shoulder Pokemon at once and having them both share the spotlight, but if the writers and producers were genuinely ok with that, I don't think they would've waited 60 episodes before showcasing the third Galar starter. It's a weird reason, yeah, but it's the most reasonable one I could think of as to why Yamper's treated the way it is.

It kinda does, when you consider that both Pokemon are supposed to be "shoulder Pokemon", the same way Ash's Pikachu and Gou's unevolved Galar starters are. If they officially gave Yamper to Chloe, they'd be obligated to have it onscreen every time Chloe is onscreen, which would no longer work once Eevee was introduced. Having Yamper be constantly kept in its Pokeball to focus on Eevee would seem too awkward, so I guess the better option was to just... leave it in the lab, where's it's supposedly running around freely 24/7. Offscreen, but free.

Sure, there's technically nothing preventing them from giving a character two shoulder Pokemon at once and having them both share the spotlight, but if the writers and producers were genuinely ok with that, I don't think they would've waited 60 episodes before showcasing the third Galar starter. It's a weird reason, yeah, but it's the most reasonable one I could think of as to why Yamper's treated the way it is.
Considering Chloe's minimal screetime, it's hard for me to see having Yamper would really affect Eevee's screetime drastically or its importance to Chloe. It would still be her first Pokemon and her focus episodes would still be primarily about meeting Eevee evolutions. Plus, I think that having it stay at the lab after they emphasized how much it liked Chloe was still too awkward. If they weren't interested in having Chloe actually become Yamper's trainer, then they probably could have just made it more bonded with her family in general instead of specifically making it more connected with Chloe. At least that way staying at the lab would feel more reasonable as opposed to the writers just forgetting that Yamper exists.

One of the biggest examples of "missed opportunity" for me in regards to Chloe specifically was how they barely looked into her life, despite how many new routes they could take the anime with by doing so.

I mean, at the beginning my impression of her was that she lived in her own world. She went to school, she had friends there, she had to deal with school shenanigans there, she had expectations placed upon her because of who her dad is, and she came off-to me, at least-as being quite cynical.

She could have provided some impactful worldbuilding and some nuanced character development. The whole "being unsure about what I want to do" thing doesn't land so much here as it COULD have.

I've been mostly keeping up with Journeys but what DID happen with Chloe? I know she tried out contests thanks to Dawn and Serena, and got some kind of advice from Lana about keeping Eevee the same, but then what? I don't expect a 10-year-old to have her whole life figured out but does she have anything she's striving for? Or is she still searching?

I've been mostly keeping up with Journeys but what DID happen with Chloe? I know she tried out contests thanks to Dawn and Serena, and got some kind of advice from Lana about keeping Eevee the same, but then what? I don't expect a 10-year-old to have her whole life figured out but does she have anything she's striving for? Or is she still searching?
Not much really came out of her attempt at contests and at the end of the day, all those meetups with Eeveelutions amounted to very little. They didn't solve the mystery of why her Eevee couldn't evolve, which was honestly the perfect setup for a new Eeveelution which had no payoff because they seem afraid now to make a new one. After everything, the big conclusion she came to was the possibilities are endless and she wants to know more about evolution. So it was very, very anti-climactic.

It's pretty much confirmed at this point that Journeys will continue and Paldea will just be thrown into the rotation.
So says you. Right........there's a little saying about not counting one's chickens, you know. I'd say it's much more likely that they're just saying that Ash, Goh, and Chloe have bright futures ahead of them. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll all be experiencing those futures together.

So says you. Right........there's a little saying about not counting one's chickens, you know. I'd say it's much more likely that they're just saying that Ash, Goh, and Chloe have bright futures ahead of them. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll all be experiencing those futures together.
If it wasn't on screen, then the wording used would be more of the hypothetical sense. Most of the hints are pointing towards the continuation of Journeys or at least Gou's return in a major capacity. Everyone (including Gou's own VA) is pointing out that he has a bright future ahead of him and the title of Ep. 136 could be interpreted as Ash and Gou going on another journey together. That and the current lack of any info about a SV anime.

Everything we know so far is pointing in that direction.
For the last time, no its not. Nothing is confirmed. Stop treating your thoughts as hardcore fact. Constantly repeating yourself like a broken record is not gonna make it any truer.

Last edited:
If it wasn't on screen, then the wording used would be more of the hypothetical sense. Most of the hints are pointing towards the continuation of Journeys or at least Gou's return in a major capacity. Everyone (including Gou's own VA) is pointing out that he has a bright future ahead of him and the title of Ep. 136 could be interpreted as Ash and Gou going on another journey together. That and the current lack of any info about a SV anime.
And again, that's just you jumping to conclusions based on patchy information. You even said it yourself, that the information "could be interpreted" that way. That's just your opinion, which, while respected, does not equate to fact.

It's pretty much confirmed at this point that Journeys will continue and Paldea will just be thrown into the rotation.
Not really. If that was going to be the case, I don't think that they would emphasize Ash going on a new journey or not make it clear what the future of the anime would bring either. The major storylines have already been wrapped up and there seemingly isn't any setup for new ones in their places. Ash isn't going to do the PWC again and I still think that Goh is going to be leaving the cast, so I can't see them just continuing the world tour format with Paldea thrown into the mix.

I think that the wording from at least Goh's voice actor is still pretty vague though. Having a bright future ahead of them doesn't mean that they'll continue to be together or be part of the main cast. It can easily be interpreted as them having a bright future on their own paths as they go their separate ways. The episode title could easily also be hinting at Ash and Goh going on separate journeys. That would make more sense given how Goh has been able to do the last few Project Mew missions on his own without Ash's help.

If it was going to be a continuation of Journeys, I don't think that they would be holding off on that announcement. Announcing it as Journeys Season Two or whatever would feel a bit odd at this point. It would just make me wonder why they couldn't announce it at least after Ash vs. Leon. It is strange to not have any news for a new anime series for that matter, but I'm still pretty confident that it is at least in part due to production problems. Having four clip show episodes in a relatively short span of time is such a huge red flag and clearly showed that they were struggling behind the scenes. This is clearly a different kind of situation than we normally have when a new generation starts, so I don't think that the lack of an announcement for a SV anime necessarily means that it isn't going to happen. There have been more merchandise pictures with new Pokemon in the anime's artstyle and with a new logo to boot. These may not guarantee that an SV anime is happening. We would still need more confirmation than that to really say it's happening, but I do think it makes an SV anime more plausible at least.

Everything we know so far is pointing in that direction.
Again, not really. We honestly don't know a whole lot to begin with and saying that this is all confirmed just from episode titles and generic comments about the characters having bright futures ahead of them does not work. It is jumping to conclusions and treating your interpretation of those details as facts.

They continued to have Farfetch’d be a recurring member for a little while after Galarfetch’d came along before getting phased out. As for Dewgong, that was more so a water transport than a member of the team. The most it ever did beyond that was take part in the water obstacle course.
To be fair, and yes, it is also because we don't spend a lot of time with the other Pokémon goh has caught, but his Dewgong is one of his pokémon with the most personality shown at the moment. The hopeless romantic it is. :p

Back
Top Bottom