• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Oh the dream...

(art by @ SergioRomero on Twitter)

IMG_20210817_205710.jpg

I hope Shinichiro Miki recovers soon!

As a sidenote though, the coronavirus situation in Japan is much more severe when compared to the first hiatus, right? Why isn't the anime going on hiatus this time around, especially when a cast member has already gotten sick?

Guys I've got some really bad news.
(I guess this also explains why TR and Sirfetch'd haven't appeared much in this series)

Please wish him a well recovery!

That's so sad and scary. I hope that he'll have a safe recovery and the rest of the cast stays safe as well.

This is just for funsies but these are the VA's I think I can hear the most when it comes to these Legends: Arceus characters if they were to be in the anime:

Akari: Stephanie Sheh
Rei: Khoi Dao
Professor Laventon: John Eric Bentley
Commander Kamado: J. David Brimmer
Captain Cyllene: Allegra Clark

Last edited:
I know that Dawn's Piplup appeared in JN074 and JN075, while her Togekiss also appeared only in flashback in JN075. However, her Buneary, Pachirisu, Mamoswine, Quilava and Ambipom was cut in JN074 and JN075, while Dawn's Mamoswine didn't actually achieve its new Japanese voice actor right after its original Japanese voice actor Unshō Ishizuka passed earlier by his esophageal cancer. So I wonder why you think that Dawn's Buneary, Pachirisu, Mamoswine, Quilava and Ambipom was cut in JN074 and JN075? Please let me know, thanks. :)

I know that Dawn's Piplup appeared in JN074 and JN075, while her Togekiss also appeared only in flashback in JN075. However, her Buneary, Pachirisu, Mamoswine, Quilava and Ambipom was cut in JN074 and JN075, while Dawn's Mamoswine didn't actually achieve its new Japanese voice actor right after its original Japanese voice actor Unshō Ishizuka passed earlier by his esophageal cancer. So I wonder why you think that Dawn's Buneary, Pachirisu, Mamoswine, Quilava and Ambipom was cut in JN074 and JN075? Please let me know, thanks. :)
They weren't "cut", they just didn't appear. Yes, it sucks not seeing certain people or Pokemon when a character returns, but the writers aren't obligated to bring back everyone every single time.

I dislike this kind of art. I do not wish for the machine to ever be broken, and once Journeys ends, it should just retire quietly.
I mean... It's not like it's a person.

Besides, think of it this way:Jessie ans James are the only Team Rocket grunts in Journeys to use the Gacha, all of the other ones shown so far have been shown to use their own Pokemon. And Pelipper is often seen inside TRio's hideout, so it's unlikely it visits other grunts off-screen. And why would Giovanni waste a container with possibly hundreds of Pokeballs on Jessie and James? They're the worst members of Team Rockets. But have you noticed that the Pokemon that come of the Gacha never win? It's not because of Jessie and James, they're great at being in-sync with their Pokemon, especially James. The two are just bad at training Pokemon, that's why they kept losing in the previous series, but the Gacha mons are not even Pokemon they trained themselves, so it must mean that the Pokemon in the Gacha are just garbage.

Don't you see? Giovanni is giving his leftover mons to Jessie and James so he wouldn't have to give them real Pokemon. If anything, Bewear would be doing them a favor by breakinf the Gacha.

I mean... It's not like it's a person.

Besides, think of it this way:Jessie ans James are the only Team Rocket grunts in Journeys to use the Gacha, all of the other ones shown so far have been shown to use their own Pokemon. And Pelipper is often seen inside TRio's hideout, so it's unlikely it visits other grunts off-screen. And why would Giovanni waste a container with possibly hundreds of Pokeballs on Jessie and James? They're the worst members of Team Rockets. But have you noticed that the Pokemon that come of the Gacha never win? It's not because of Jessie and James, they're great at being in-sync with their Pokemon, especially James. The two are just bad at training Pokemon, that's why they kept losing in the previous series, but the Gacha mons are not even Pokemon they trained themselves, so it must mean that the Pokemon in the Gacha are just garbage.

Don't you see? Giovanni is giving his leftover mons to Jessie and James so he wouldn't have to give them real Pokemon. If anything, Bewear would be doing them a favor by breakinf the Gacha.
They're not grunts. They're agents. They're a step above regular grunts, like Butch and Cassidy too. And while I have nothing against TR owning their own Pokémon, like Morpeko, I also have nothing against the Prize Master. It makes the battles with the trio less stale, as there's never telling what Pokémon they'll be using. IMO, the machine really doesn't deserve the bashing it's getting. And once it's time for the machine to go by the end of Journeys, I'd much prefer it just being retired instead of broken.

Also, unpopular opinion, but I prefer the Prize Master to Bewear. I was never a fan of the unrealistically OP mama bear, while the Prize Master is something new and interesting.

The Pokémon they get are well trained. It's just that the trio doesn't use them to their fullest extent.
How do you know this? Is this actually confirmed? And anyway, the Gacha has a lot against it and not much for it-I don't think it's a big deal if people hate it, especially since it's literally an object. Like other things with Journeys, I personally just don't even care about it. Especially since it's barely appeared for me to hate it, but is so irrelevant it makes me wonder why it was included at all.

Also, I believe I've mentioned this before, but the "variety" argument doesn't hold much weight in the actual narrative. It brings up questions like why Team Rocket are using a randomizer to fight instead of utilizing previously know pokemon abilities to the fullest, and even more about the mechanic itself, like how the hell Pelipper always arrives right on time to give Team Rocket the Gacha. This is just so bizarre to me. And, what variety does it give when the status quo is still as stale as it always was? The only variety thing here is Team Rocket fighting alongside new pokemon who are completely soulless and exist to just be jobbers. I mean, sure, you may enjoy this thing, but for Team Rocket fans? This thing is essentially an insult.

Back
Top Bottom