• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

If I were to make a guess, I would blame a certain local 'Celeb/Influencer'.
He is an open Gou-hater, and goes on tirades on his Instagram and when appearing on Tv.
However, his main reason is not the mishandling, overexposure or lack of distinctive traits; though still mentions those often.
Instead, it is his belief that Gou is in love with Satoshi and that should be disgraceful for any respectable media.

Now those Kimetsu no Yaiba fans are playing the typical 'Victim-blaming' card.
Claiming that the cosplayer offended/provoked them by choosing to portray Gou and attending.

Even the organisers have said that in future events they won't allow Gou-cosplayers.
After being asked about the attack. What kind of response is that......
Who is this influencer?

Given the immense popularity Gardevoir has, I'm very surprised it hasn't ended up on the main cast yet

Out of all the Top 10 Most Popular Pokemon from last Year, Gardevoir is one of the very few who hasn't been caught by a Main character yet.

1.) Greninja (Ash)
2.) Lucario (Ash)
3.) Mimikyu (Jessie)
4.) Charizard (Ash and Kiawe)
5.) Umbreon (Gladion)
6.) Sylveon (Serena)
7.) Garchomp (Cynthia)
8.) Rayquaza (N/A)
9.) Gardevoir (Diantha)
10.) Gengar (Ash)

Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Gardevoir aren't own by any main characters

Rayquaza is a Legendary so that makes sense

Ash and Iris at least both have a Gible so a member of Garchomp's line was represented on the main cast at least

No member of the Ralts family tree has been on the main cast as of yet

I still think Ash should've captured a Ralts and fully evolved it into a Gardevoir in JN. It's crazy that Gardevoir is as crazy popular as it is ever since it debuted 20 (!!!) years ago, still kicking at that, and they never bothered making it part of the main cast, not even in it's debut generation.

And it infuriates me that it gets 2 of the typings Ash never got for any reason and it's also a feminine Pokémon, and yet they didn't gave it to him in JN. I mean, I still think Hatterene would've been a better pick due to some additional factors (Galar/Gen 8 promotion, female-only species, a slow and bulky mon as opposed to the usual ''speedy glass canon'' Pokémon Ash nearly always gets, more potential story-telling), but a Gardevoir would've still been so nice to have ngl.

Be it Gardevoir or Hatterene, i'd just like for Ash to get a female Pokemon to act as his ace for a region. The majority of his Pokemon are male and unless Dragonite or Gengar are said to be female, his current team's looking to be all guys.
I'm still pissed we missed an opportunity with Snivy

Be it Gardevoir or Hatterene, i'd just like for Ash to get a female Pokemon to act as his ace for a region. The majority of his Pokemon are male and unless Dragonite or Gengar are said to be female, his current team's looking to be all guys.
Well, the Brazilian dub at least does refer to Dragonite as female, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything, since dubs can and do change the genders of certain characters: I'm from Mexico, so I grew up watching the Pokemon anime in Spanish, and I distinctly remember that Ash's Staraptor was referred to as a female in that dub. May's Bulbasaur was also referred to as male in a few episodes, though this was later corrected.

Well, the Brazilian dub at least does refer to Dragonite as female, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything, since dubs can and do change the genders of certain characters: I'm from Mexico, so I grew up watching the Pokemon anime in Spanish, and I distinctly remember that Ash's Staraptor was referred to as a female in that dub. May's Bulbasaur was also referred to as male in a few episodes, though this was later corrected.
Actually, it was referred to as a female when it was a Mukubird. They 'fixed' it after evolving.
Something about the species' western name ending in -a, meaning it has to be a girl.
Though, that left us the scene where Team Rocket sends that female decoy and Mukubird fell for it. People found it even funnier.

I find the supposed reason a lttle too close to home, since my name also ends in an -a.
Insert the occasion when a barista corrupted it into an obvious female name. I felt humiliated.

Insert the occasion when a barista corrupted it into an obvious female name. I felt humiliated.
I'm so sorry you felt that way. I totally understand it when your name is ridiculed-mine has been butchered so many times throughout all my life it's become somewhat of a sore spot for me when people butcher it on purpose.

Something about the species' western name ending in -a, meaning it has to be a girl.
Well, while words ending in "a" are almost always feminine in Spanish, that's not always strictly the case. Take "koala" or "panda" for example, which are masculine words in Spanish despite ending in "a". Words that end in any other vowels besides "a" (usually feminine) or "o" (usually masculine) can be interchangeably feminine or masculine.

These are some delicate cases because Portuguese (and I believe Spanish) don’t really have a pronoun for “it” or “they” (in singular), so the dub gotta work with that sounds best.

Supposedly JN93 is on January 7th and we'll be getting a new title tomorrow

Let's see what will be the first episode to kick off 2022!

Last year gave us Based Mr. Fish!

I hope this year delivers something good

I personally think its either Goh or Chloe related, since Ash gets a 2 parter to end 2021.

Well, there is a Colosseum manga, but as far as I'm aware it only covered the beginning. Gale of Darkness also got a manga, but it was even shorter than Colosseum's (literally five pages lol) because it also doubled as kind of a strategy guide. About the only things that these mangas revealed were that Wes is incredibly close with his Espeon and Umbreon to the point that he'll personally shield them from harm and that Michael's Eevee evolves into Jolteon.

Well, there is a Colosseum manga, but as far as I'm aware it only covered the beginning. Gale of Darkness also got a manga, but it was even shorter than Colosseum's (literally five pages lol) because it also doubled as kind of a strategy guide. About the only things that these mangas revealed were that Wes is incredibly close with his Espeon and Umbreon to the point that he'll personally shield them from harm and that Michael's Eevee evolves into Jolteon.
There's actually a couple Colosseum mangas, but none them was all that comprehensive. Or even translated, as far as I know.

Also, in one Colosseum manga, Miror B. abandons his two Ludicolo after losing to Wes, and Wes takes them into his team.

Back
Top Bottom