• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Given our pre reactions to episodes though it could surprise. Maybe it ends with a catch for Aah or something.

We didn't expect much from Dragonite, Regina and a few others after all

This is premature, as we don’t know the details, but, I really hope they aren’t reducing Koharu to just another performer, and this is just an episode where she tries out the format once. There aren’t many ideas out there for a female side character in the show, especially considering she doesn’t take affinity for battling, but she’ll just be added to the list of Pokegirls that…
A) Start journey/show
B) End up being indecisive about their lives
C) Culminate into a superstar (May, Serena, now Koharu.).

I thought she was going to be unique, and actually lead to a new plot-point that never been down before; how disappointing if this is her path. I guess they butchered the chance for a compelling arc, that was fresh in set-up, with Drizzile, so here’s Koharu’s destination.
Having the message that there’s broad horizons for everyone out there, doesn’t exactly sit well when the character that’s supposed to represent this is doing what a lot of others have done prior.

But, the sad thing is, I can’t come up with an interesting goal for her, besides something like this. Having something relating to field-research (eggs, habitats, etc) would be too in line with her father, whilst researching ancient relics and myths (or Ranger work) would be to akin to Project Mew, and herby Goh. And, she’s not a battler. I mean, what else is there she can do? It’s quite sad seeing potential getting wasted.

This is premature, as we don’t know the details, but, I really hope they aren’t reducing Koharu to just another performer, and this is just an episode where she tries out the format once. There aren’t many ideas out there for a female side character in the show, especially considering she doesn’t take affinity for battling, but she’ll just be added to the list of Pokegirls that…
A) Start journey/show
B) End up being indecisive about their lives
C) Culminate into a superstar (May, Serena, now Koharu.).

I thought she was going to be unique, and actually lead to a new plot-point that never been down before; how disappointing if this is her path. I guess they butchered the chance for a compelling arc, that was fresh in set-up, with Drizzile, so here’s Koharu’s destination.
Having the message that there’s broad horizons for everyone out there, doesn’t exactly sit well when the character that’s supposed to represent this is doing what a lot of others have done prior.

But, the sad thing is, I can’t come up with an interesting goal for her, besides something like this. Having something relating to field-research (eggs, habitats, etc) would be too in line with her father, whilst researching ancient relics and myths (or Ranger work) would be to akin to Project Mew, and herby Goh. And, she’s not a battler. I mean, what else is there she can do? It’s quite sad seeing potential getting wasted.
Even if Chloe becomes a Coordinator/Performer, I don't think that will make her less unique, at least not necessarily. Yeah, she would be the third female lead on that list, but May, Serena and Chloe aren't really anything a like. Boiling down their storylines like that just kind of ignores the differences in their personalities and how those storylines played out. That's a big reason why the idea doesn't bother me. Chloe won't be May 2.0 or Serena 2.0 just because she ended up with the same goal as they did.

In terms of making her something more unique, I think that they're in a bit of a tight spot in that regard. Chloe obviously isn't going to be a battler and while I'm okay with her becoming a Coordinator, I don't think either Contests or Showcase would really fit her either. I think that she would work better as a researcher, but if they don't want her to become similar to her father or similar to Project Mew, then I'm not sure what other options there are out there for Chloe.

Kind of reminds me of Where No Togepi Has Gone Before, where only one small part was funny but the rest of the actual episode was just a repetitive and overused gag that was never even funny in the first place.
Is this the evil Togepi ep from DP? I'm surprised you dislike that ep, even in the west that episode was heavily praised and considered one of the funniest fillers of DP.

Is this the evil Togepi ep from DP? I'm surprised you dislike that ep, even in the west that episode was heavily praised and considered one of the funniest fillers of DP.
It's been a while, but the only funny part of that episode to me was the end, where they had OS level wacky shenanigans going on. Thing is, the build up completely sucked and they pulled the "tricked by cute unsuspecting Togepi" joke three or four times in a row, which was just tiring to watch. There's only so many times a joke can be used before it grows stale.

I don't hate this episode, nor do I heavily dislike it, but I definitely think it's overrated.

Last edited:
Yeah, she would be the third female lead on that list, but May, Serena and Chloe aren't really anything a like. Boiling down their storylines like that just kind of ignores the differences in their personalities and how those storylines played out. That's a big reason why the idea doesn't bother me. Chloe won't be May 2.0 or Serena 2.0 just because she ended up with the same goal as they did.
I know they’re not alike, it’s just the aspect of them having the same conclusion to their stories is what bothers me, and not that they’re one in the same people.
Koharu could be seen as seeing the bigger picture in life, and take in all of what it has to offer. If she becomes like May and Serena, it’s quite degrading that apparently all life has to give is being a Performer to any female character, that’s not a battler of course. The message/character of Koharu gets a bit muddled when she’s practically doing what others are, no matter how different she is. It’s like saying we’re all heading down the same path…okay, bit dark.

I mean, I love Dawn a lot more than Serena and May, despite having similar goals, but that’s because Dawn had a message of failure and rising up to your own expectations to enhance growth, and you never felt like she lost that aspect of her. I just don’t want them to make Koharu’s point get lost in the dark by culminating her view of life being a path so distinctly acute to others, it’s not really an expanding view of the world. It’s like trying to be a professional Football player, then in another world, a Basketball player. Imagine doing that, and not exploring the possibilities of being an astronaut, or physicist, or being a doctor.

I know they’re not alike, it’s just the aspect of them having the same conclusion to their stories is what bothers me, and not that they’re one in the same people.
Koharu could be seen as seeing the bigger picture in life, and take in all of what it has to offer. If she becomes like May and Serena, it’s quite degrading that apparently all life has to give is being a Performer to any female character, that’s not a battler of course. The message/character of Koharu gets a bit muddled when she’s practically doing what others are, no matter how different she is. It’s like saying we’re all heading down the same path…okay, bit dark.
That does come off a bit too dark and a bit too much of an overreaction to just the idea of Chloe becoming a Performer of some kind. Assuming that she does become a Coordinator or Performer, I don't think it's meant to say that being a Peformer is all life has to give to a female lead. Unless they create some brand new goal or concept specifically for Chloe, which seems unlikely just because of her minimal screentime, the chances are pretty good that she'll do something that other characters have done.

I mean, I love Dawn a lot more than Serena and May, despite having similar goals, but that’s because Dawn had a message of failure and rising up to your own expectations to enhance growth, and you never felt like she lost that aspect of her. I just don’t want them to make Koharu’s point get lost in the dark by culminating her view of life being a path so distinctly acute to others, it’s not really an expanding view of the world. It’s like trying to be a professional Football player, then in another world, a Basketball player. Imagine doing that, and not exploring the possibilities of being an astronaut, or physicist, or being a doctor.
I can understand the concern over losing the point of Chloe's story in the mist of everything. I just think that it might be a bit too early to worry when we don't know the context of her performance with Eevee and I still have my doubts that she'll end up as a Coordinator or Performer regardless.

It's been a while, but the only funny part of that episode to me was the end, where they had OS level wacky shenanigans going on. Thing is, the build up completely sucked and they pulled the "tricked by cute unsuspecting Togepi" joke three or four times in a row, which was just tiring to watch. There's only so many times a joke can be used before it grows stale.

I don't hate this episode, nor do I heavily dislike it, but I definitely think it's overrated.
Interesting take, particularly because it’s IMO Yonemura’s best episode that ever he wrote! (Personally I love it but I understand the criticism.) So no wonder you’re not enjoying the series he is the head writer for :p

Interesting take, particularly because it’s IMO Yonemura’s best episode that ever he wrote! (Personally I love it but I understand the criticism.) So no wonder you’re not enjoying the series he is the head writer for :p
I honestly have just never been a fan of Shoji Yonemura in general. The episodes I do like that have been written by him are often terribly written, even if I enjoyed watching it. I wasn't too surprised when I found out Yonemura was the director of Journeys, in all honesty.

I found that these are apparently elected as the Top 10 Most Popular Pokemon Games in Japan?

https://twitter.com/pokemon_memo/status/1475469264794488832?t=uwdxJobylhDWC_9DyAIaLQ&s=19

1.) Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
2.) Pokemon Sword and Shield
3.) Pokemon Red and Green
4.) Pokemon Black and White
5.) Pokemon Gold and Silver
6.) Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
7.) Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
8.) Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
9.) Pokemon X and Y
10.) Pokemon Platinum

Uh just curious Was Sun and Moon not popular in Japan or something? :unsure:

Last edited:
May I ask Something? CAN I ask you my dear friends?

I want to ask about is arcues 4 episodes are special or within 2019 episodes cause i didm't see that they give a number of ep for these 4 episodes. Now episode 95 for batch and casepy? So can someone answer me?

Is Arvues episodes are special episodes for 2019 or within the pokemon 2019 anime series? If ot is within the series then what are thr number for these 4 episodes?

May I ask Something? CAN I ask you my dear friends?

I want to ask about is arcues 4 episodes are special or within 2019 episodes cause i didm't see that they give a number of ep for these 4 episodes. Now episode 95 for batch and casepy? So can someone answer me?

Is Arvues episodes are special episodes for 2019 or within the pokemon 2019 anime series? If ot is within the series then what are thr number for these 4 episodes?

If you are just talking about Bulbapedia, then I'm expecting those episodes to probably get the episode number designation of JNS01-04, similarly to how the Mega Evolution Specials got the episode number designation of XYS01-04.

If you are just talking about Bulbapedia, then I'm expecting those episodes to probably get the episode number designation of JNS01-04, similarly to how the Mega Evolution Specials got the episode number designation of XYS01-04.

No no, i am saying that it special episodes or consider as one of journey episode such as episode 95 or 96 and so on

Back
Top Bottom