• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I'd rather more setup than coverage tbh
Personally I prefer one Iron Defense/Dragon Dance/Double Team/Attract etc Per mon in the anime
Yeah, but it's not like I'm saying it should get rid of either Revrsla or Aura Sphere. I'm just saying more coverage is nice. Especially since Fire is sueful, but Ash has no ire types on his team this time.
I'd like Blaze Kick too, though Ash’s seems to be leaning into the come baxk from behind strat more than a straight Brawler like others of the species we've seen

Last edited:
Anyone have any guesses for the Freezing Raid Battle (102)?
Like who’s going to catch Articuno (or acquire whatever is required like with Moltres and Volcorona)?

Goh?
Gary?
Horace/Tokio?
Ash?
None?

I think it’ll be interesting if this is what decides who’s officially apart of that Project Mew team as I think it’ll be good to focus more on the official members and getting closer to Mew (and the Regi’s based on the OP)

But I also kinda want one more mission or at least episode as I would want Horace/Tokio to get a little more after coming back which may have to include Horace or Gary winning this trial

And confirmed.
That image was real holy fuck.
Clemonts nose is gone. And they will probably massacre XY Ash too.
Once again my hopes for this anime have shot up high only to be brought down again.
Feels so wrong to have the XY gang reunited... except for Serena.
I have to agree about the nose thing. Like, is it really that difficult to animate a nose and proper shading in the ears? I'm really not a big fan of the new Sugimori art for the human characters, like in the style of Let's Go. The old ones were.....soooo much better. Like, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I wasn't a fan of the SM artstyle (for the humans) and I'm not a fan of the human character's designs in JN either.

Anyone have any guesses for the Freezing Raid Battle (102)?
Like who’s going to catch Articuno (or acquire whatever is required like with Moltres and Volcorona)?
I seriously hope nobody, especially Goh, catches Articuno. I hope they just need to get a feather.
The goal of the mission is just to battle it, so I don't think anyone is catching it.

The goal of the mission is just to battle it, so I don't think anyone is catching it.
If the leaders of Project Mew don't forbid to catch Articuno, I think Goh should at least try to catch it. Wasn't his (side)goal to catch them all, as a stepping stone to his main goal of catching Mew?

I don't hope he succeeds in catching Articuno, but if it's allowed, I hope he at least take a shot.

Do you think it would bad if people caught Mew and used it and its powers for evil, especially if they attempted to use it to create the most powerful Pokemon in existence, and actually succeed in doing so, and why?

If the leaders of Project Mew don't forbid to catch Articuno, I think Goh should at least try to catch it. Wasn't his (side)goal to catch them all, as a stepping stone to his main goal of catching Mew?

I don't hope he succeeds in catching Articuno, but if it's allowed, I hope he at least take a shot.
It was his goal, as he originally wanted to catch it first to be his partner then he thought he would catch them all and work his way to Mew now Project Mew gives him a more direct way to encounter Mew so catching Pokémon is just because Goh likes them, befriends them or etc

Do you think it would bad if people caught Mew and used it and its powers for evil, especially if they attempted to use it to create the most powerful Pokemon in existence, and actually succeed in doing so, and why?
Yes, Evil is bad

It was his goal, (...) he thought he would catch them all and work his way to Mew now Project Mew gives him a more direct way to encounter Mew so catching Pokémon is just because Goh likes them, befriends them or etc.
If he doesn't want to catch them all anymore to work his way up to Mew, maybe it would be nice to update the intro which shows the goals of Ash and Goh every episode. Also in the most recent one. The narrator is lying to us...? :(

If he doesn't want to catch them all anymore to work his way up to Mew, maybe it would be nice to update the intro which shows the goals of Ash and Goh every episode. Also in the most recent one. The narrator is lying to us...? :(
I think it became apparent at a certain point that Goh was not going to catch every single Pokemon.
I seriously hope nobody, especially Goh, catches Articuno. I hope they just need to get a feather.
After that debacle with Suicune, reallly hope Goh never catches another Legendary ever again. (Not to mention he doesn't deserve any Legendaries, like at all.)

Go hasn't caught any legendaries in a year and a half, I'm not sure where this paranoia of him getting legends comes from. I can see him capturing Mew in his last episode and then releasing it immediately realizing its better to let him go. He didn't even attempt to capture any of the Sinnoh legends he saw either, so he's not even thinking of it.

Go hasn't caught any legendaries in a year and a half, I'm not sure where this paranoia of him getting legends comes from. I can see him capturing Mew in his last episode and then releasing it immediately realizing its better to let him go. He didn't even attempt to capture any of the Sinnoh legends he saw either, so he's not even thinking of it.
I can't see Goh catching Mew with the skill set He's at right now. If he does, then it wouldn't be his skill as a trainer, but his bs luck and will do nothing but prove that he is a lazy trainer.

I think it's because people really didn't like how he captured Suicune, or how he captures most Pokemon for that matter, and don't want him to get more Legendary Pokemon. I can understand not liking how Suicune was captured to a degree, but the backlash always felt kind of overblown to me. At this point, Suicune wouldn't even rank that high among most Legendary Pokemon in terms of strength. It's still a Legendary Pokemon, but Goh didn't capture a deity like Arceus or Dialga.

Even then it was a one and done thing. I didn't like the capture of Suicune either but at least it doesn't stay in the lab and roams the lands. And he never captured any legendary since so I don't see the concern.

People are seemingly posting as if Go is capturing legends right and left.

Well, Gou was very prone to catch any Pokemon that crossed his path.
That aspect has been toned down, and it is appreciated.

But there is still the risk of his contribution being the bare minimum during the raid, and still getting Freezer.
While Shigeru carried the battle, with Satoshi and even Tokio doing more.
I don't want to imagine how many will get upset at that scenario.

He won't only prove that he is a bad/lazy trainer, but also opportunistic/devious.

Even then it was a one and done thing. I didn't like the capture of Suicune either but at least it doesn't stay in the lab and roams the lands. And he never captured any legendary since so I don't see the concern.

People are seemingly posting as if Go is capturing legends right and left.
Honestly, I just think people tend to panic over the idea of Goh getting Legendary Pokemon given how it comes up pretty much anytime a Legendary Pokemon is featured in the anime. As much as I can understand not liking the idea of Goh catching something like Articuno, it often does come off as an excuse to complain more about Goh, mainly because he hasn't even attempted to catch a Legendary Pokemon in ages, and the panic does come off as largely unnecessary or at least unwarranted.

I think it became apparent at a certain point that Goh was not going to catch every single Pokemon.
I agree. He will not catch them all. Or they will have to let him catch them all offscreen or in a big slideshow episode.

However, it is still the (side)goal he is aiming at (until he changes his mind yet again). The show is remaining us of his goal every episode. The moment his goal changes I hope the show will update this.

And for people who didn't read my post (or forgot what I said), I hope he doesn't catch Articuno in the end. I don't think anyone will catch Articuno the next episode. (Now wait for the show to throw a curveball towards me. :p)

WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY?! :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20220314_220909.jpg

Dragon Rush works especially well when you remember Dracovish is a very fast runner.

Reversal synergises well with Steel Beam, so I reckon it’s staying.
Thaaank you, totally agree! :D I especially like your point about Dracovish being a fast runner; it could run really fast, jump up high, then crash down with Dragon Rush! (As long as Dragon Rush looks more like this
Dragon Rush 1.png
and less like this:
Dragon Rush 2.png

(Seriously though, anyone else think Dragon Rush looks way cooler the way Iris's Dragonire is using it as opposed to Goh's Flygon? Like that design for Dragon Rush might have been okay back in the DP series, but it just looks so......lame now, am I right?)

Also, kudos on the Reversal synergizing with Steel Beam thing you said (pretty sure but not positive someone might have already said that in another post but whatever.) But you're right though, they do go well together, as obviously Steel Beam drains health, which then makes Reversal stronger. Not to mention (and I know others have said this, Ghost Diplocaulus among them,) but Ash's Lucario is the only Lucario (not to mention the only Pokemon) to ever use Reversal in the anime, so that makes it unique and distinct from all the other Lucario that have appeared.
Which makes it all the more ironic that most Lucarios that appear in the anime will get like 3 Fighting-type moves plus a filler. Almost like they want to hammer it in that Lucaro's not just a Fighting-type, but the most fightingy Fighting-type that has ever fought in the history of fighting. The fightyest in the land.
I mean, it is the the most popular Fighting type Pokemon, no doubt, so that's probably why.
Just out of curiosity, cause I've seen this going around on Twitter

Do you guys think this would make Goh qualify as a "Gary Stu"?

View attachment 156883
As I said in the preview thread for the Thwackey episode regarding this same post, Goh is an inordinately lucky character whose good fortune is completely unrealistic. He's a lucky, lucky greenhorn novice, nothing more, whose story/development was rushed along for the sake of.....something? I also will be glad to see him gone for good, I agree with Enzo. He made some good points about why Goh is a terrible/terribly written character. When Goh leaves, I'll say good riddance to him and all his Pokemon Go related shenanigans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom