• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

I've heard rumors that Goh will catch a Froakie in the next episode

While I'd much rather Goh put more focus on his Inteleon instead; if this alleged Froakie ends up taking Grookey's place as the shoulder mon then I'm all for Goh catching it lol
I think I heard that same rumor. I'm......not sure how I feel about that. The treatment of the Galar starters was horrific under Goh's ownership and I can't imagine that poor Froakie would fare much better. (Especially considering he hasn't caught any starters yet besides the Galar Starters, we don't even know how Froakie would end up being handled. Plus, having him get another starter this late in the series would feel....weird too, I guess.)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that tweet was from a user speculating. I definitely don't see Go getting a starter this late in the series. They purposely avoided Go capturing any non-Galar starter all series.

I'm pretty sure that tweet was from a user speculating. I definitely don't see Go getting a starter this late in the series. They purposely avoided Go capturing any non-Galar starter all series.
I hope he doesn't. The poor Galar starters suffered enough.

I don't know if that rumor was true or just someone speculating

If Goh were to get another partner starter it would of been a Sinnoh Starter like Chimchar because of all the Gen 4 stuff that happened (or even Kanto because of they're in Kanto a lot)

And I don't think it would be bad if he catches a random Froakie as it will most likely just be at the lab like the rest as Grookey is still here and doesn't seem like he’ll evolve soon

Plus narratives Goh catching a Froakie can transition to Greninja and etc

Apparently it's speculation in the scene with Go and Bonnie in the forest, which doesn't make sense since we know most of that ep is Ash and Clemont training together

Apparently it's speculation in the scene with Go and Bonnie in the forest, which doesn't make sense since we know most of that ep is Ash and Clemont training together
I'm definitely not thinking Goh will get one, but let's be real: it's not like they have problems with giving Goh random and ultimately useless captures even if it's an Ash episode.

It might not be a Froakie, but I expect at least something.

I can see him getting a random Kalos pokemon, but Go getting his first non-Galar starter would likely be treated like a bigger deal, and if it happens in this ep it'd be no more than the first 3-4 minutes of the ep. Like it's something I'd expect the writers to make a whole episode about. So that's why I don't think he'll get a starter here.

It is not totally out of consideration, Gou getting a Kalos Starter in a little sequence with Eureka or even offscreen.
Taking into account the fact that Keromatsu is a Pokemon the series has already given a big role before.
No matter if the two-parter should be about Satoshi, and Citron in the first half.

At least we have the confirmation that the Gekkouga scheduled to appear is Satoshi's.
Even if we know that the writers are capable of forcing the hypothetical Gou's Keromatsu to evolve in four episodes.

Some people made a big deal out of that theory, trying to preach it as what will occur.
I found out about it due to a suggestion of Twitter.

If we got Gloria instead of Goh, which I SERIOUSLY wish happened, she probably would have got Scorbunny.
I'm just saying.... This could've been a possibility too lmao

1614404248_gloria-sobble-galar-metal-pin-button-500x500.jpg
1601695247_pokemon-trainers-gloria-sobble-sticker-600x315.jpg

20220226_202635.jpg
Tumblr_l_5983324334330.jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-05-10-23-37-1.png
Screenshot_2022-03-05-10-23-34-1.png

Why would Gloria be a thing when they ignored the SM female protagonist too? Even if the Pokémon Go game never happened I don't think Gloria would be used at all. The writers only use the female companion when they're a rival in the games or have some characterisation. Gloria never appears in the games if you pick the male character.

You could basically sum up journeys with the phrase "what could've been"
Adding all the good ideas/plots that got dropped, wasted or mangled.

Though, I'd have liked to see Masaru as well.

The trend of Male PCs getting overlooked/neglected still pisses me off.

Hoping that S&V would feature both Protagonists, and Satoshi.

Back
Top Bottom