• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Considering how late we are into the series, if Ash uses any of his old Pokemon in the Masters 8, it'll probably just be these guys
It would feel kind of unfair if the team who got the first game league win would also be the only prior group to participate in the PWC. It'd feel like there was some serious Alola bias going on.

Just giving her a Lopunny or a Typhlosion would have been fine
Particularly the latter, poor Bakufuun gets little to none anime appearances.

At least they are trying with Laglarge, giving it to Mikuri was a nice move.
I just wish that he may Mega Evolve it, even if it is unlikely.

It'd feel like there was some serious Alola bias going on.
I'd rather have more Hoenn, and a bit of Sinnoh, representation.
Jukain could have been a good addition, and Dodatoise still needs redemption.

It would feel kind of unfair if the team who got the first game league win would also be the only prior group to participate in the PWC. It'd feel like there was some serious Alola bias going on.

On that topic though, I don't think we've seen any PWC participants from Alola, right?

Actually, I just checked all past PWC matches that were shown in the anime, and not a single match featured any Pokemon from Alola. In fact, Altaria's appearance in the most recent episode was just in time, as that means all other generations have had some degree of Pokemon representation in the PWC. If it weren't for Ash using Z-Moves, there wouldn't be any Alola representation at all.

On that topic though, I don't think we've seen any PWC participants from Alola, right?

Actually, I just checked all past PWC matches that were shown in the anime, and not a single match featured any Pokemon from Alola. In fact, Altaria's appearance in the most recent episode was just in time, as that means all other generations have had some degree of Pokemon representation in the PWC. If it weren't for Ash using Z-Moves, there wouldn't be any Alola representation at all.
Its really shocking. Not a single character from Alola has been a participant in the PWC. You could have easily used the Alola reunion to reveal someone like Kiawe was a participant...And actually show Ash bouncing back from that forced losing streak. But no. Not a single participant from Alola. Not even one Ash didn't battle like Acerola or Kahili. Technically they were in the battle royale together, but I don't recall Ash directly facing them. I guess Ash really is meant to be Alola's representation.

We havent had a single Alolan Pokemon in the PWC

I doubt there'd be any kind of Bias

If anything the writers are extremely more biased towards Sinnoh

FPQPP0sVIAUC9CX
We also see the Alola team back again, and interacting with the Journeys team

Considering how late we are into the series, if Ash uses any of his old Pokemon in the Masters 8, it'll probably just be these guys
Poor Dracovish wasn't included.

Also it look like the Alola gang and Lucario are doing a battle cry while Dragonite looks around in confusion, Gengar stares in shock, and Sirfetch'd just stands there in annoyance.

Poor Dracovish wasn't included.

Also it look like the Alola gang and Lucario are doing a battle cry while Dragonite looks around in confusion, Gengar stares in shock, and Sirfetch'd just stands there in annoyance.
Dracovish could be off screen possibly. I love this shot though. Not often we get Pokemon interactions like this in Journeys.

Why would we need an Alolan participant? Ash is already the strongest from there and there's really nothing much to do otherwise. I mean unless you want to see Ash battle Acerola or something, eh, it's not really necessary.
I don't really get this notion tho. It wouldn't kill to include somebody from Alola. I mean, damn, there wasn't a single alolan Pokémon that Ash has battled in the PWC.

Like, the only one we might get to see is Cynthia's Kommo-o. Even if they don't include any alolan character, be it from the games or OC, let at least somebody have some alolan mons.

They basically said Alola never had a league till Kukui created one because most of the people there weren't into competitive battling. Ash already beat the 4 Kahuna's, Kiawe, Guzma, Gladion and Kukui himself so he basically took out anyone worth beating at this point.

I'm sure like Cynthia's Alola pokemon we may see some other pokemon from the region used by trainers

Why would we need an Alolan participant? Ash is already the strongest from there and there's really nothing much to do otherwise. I mean unless you want to see Ash battle Acerola or something, eh, it's not really necessary.

Got it, so if you're not the strongest in the region, you should not even join the PWC. Man, someone should have given Flint and Volkner the memo, I bet they feel pretty silly considering Cynthia's already in the PWC. Raihan too, why did he even bother showing up when Leon's got Galar covered, amirite?

Now that we got that flimsy argument out of the way, there's other reasons that we should get Alolan participants. For one, not all Z-Moves have even debuted in the anime, so an Alolan participant or two can really show those off. That's a pretty good reason, wouldn't you think? :unsure:

When we were last there even Kiawe seemed to have never heard of the PWC or else he probably would have wanted to enter. I think that says enough. Also Kukui not competing even though he's a family man now

When we were last there even Kiawe seemed to have never heard of the PWC or else he probably would have wanted to enter. I think that says enough. Also Kukui not competing even though he's a family man now

No? What does that even say? That because Kiawe didn't hear about the PWC, no one from Alola deserves to compete in the PWC?

Not to mention, you're moving goalposts at this point. You have not yet given a good reason as to why there shouldn't be other participants from Alola.

No? What does that even say? That because Kiawe didn't hear about the PWC, no one from Alola deserves to compete in the PWC?

Not to mention, you're moving goalposts at this point. You have not yet given a good reason as to why there shouldn't be other participants from Alola.
I'm talking about from the writers perspective not in-universe. It was the most recent series and Ash beat all the strongest trainers from there. So not having anyone like Kiawe or Kukui even bring it up is likely because they feel Alola characters got their due last gen and don't want them in it. I mean for all we know some of the unknown rankings may have Alola trainers in it but we don't know so it doesn't matter.

I'm talking about from the writers perspective not in-universe. It was the most recent series and Ash beat all the strongest trainers from there. So not having anyone like Kiawe or Kukui even bring it up is likely because they feel Alola characters got their due last gen and don't want them in it. I mean for all we know some of the unknown rankings may have Alola trainers in it but we don't know so it doesn't matter.
Still isn't a strong reason to forget Alola. Just because it was the region of the past series doesn't means they shouldn't use any of it's characters.

I mean,,, wasn't one of the last things that Kiawe said to Ash in the SM finale that he wanted to battle him again soon? They had the perfect set up for a rematch but alas, golden boy Goh was the one to battle him.

Can't wait for the Alola episode

I see Pokemon interactions

Also I kinda hope the Galar Starters interact with the Alola Starters

I mean it's almost certainly coincidental but both sets have a Fully Evolved Fire Starter, a Fully Evolved Water Starter, and a Base Form Grass Starter.

I think it'd be fun

• The final search for Mew will be starting soon
  • Ash will have some intense battles, culminating in the "ultimate Pokemon battle"

- Yuyama on JN in 2022

Okay they to be baiting us, right? If everyone's moaning about how most of Journey's battles are underwhelming, then I really don't think it will be any different once we get to Masters 8

Back
Top Bottom