• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH.

I hate the new Pokemon (for once), I hate that we can't go a single Gen without Ash stealing clothes from the male PC, I hate that Team Rocket is most likely going to keep appearing in the show until it ends (IE: Never), I hate the new girl and her stupid hair, I HATE HATE HATE IT.

Mike Haggar at the far right is cool, though. I'm down with my man, Mike Haggar.

Ohh, when I saw that image I was completly sure it was fake, but now, it turns out to be real! Hope this girl has an interesting character as her hair are... pretty and weird. However, I'll keep saying her clothes are cool and I like them very much! :D And the other sillouette in the trailer must be the rival. Hmm, we will see.

At first, I wanted the anime to use the Black and White Player Characters, but now I think it's better to use Ash and a Knock-off.

Lord knows what they would do to their personalities.

Whoaa, talk about a bitchfest! lolol

I like that the new girl isn't the BW female... it shows the writers aren't confining themselves to the same old traditions, at least in this one respect.

Her hair... and I thought the BW female had big hair...

I don't liek the new girl. D: We've had enough with girls with crazy hair!

Eh, the mid evos for the starters have almost always been meh. I don't really like the new grass evo nor the water evo.

I wasn't expecting the new anime characters. I was hoping they would use the girl from B&W, as Kris (that tv movie), May, Dawn, and Lyra have appeared in the anime. Same with the male character, but I expected they would use someone more like Brock.

Wow this just spoiled the second evos for two of the Black and White starters!

Oh, and a new bat pokemon? Thank god, I was getting tired of Zubat.

The new girl is... Bleh. There is nothing remotely interesting about her, and her hair is HUUUUGE... Which is actually kind of funny.

I think this series just now went from "falling into a pit" to "landing in a toilet".

Here's the progression of quality if you don't know what I mean:

1st Season: Went uphill, was made of awesome

2nd Season: Steady Line:

Johto Season: Started going downhill

Hoenn Season: Tripped down the slope and tumbled

Sinnoh Season: Fell down a pit

This new Season: Dropped into a toilet.

I'm so glad I have other anime to waste my braincells on. :)

Darn. Tsutaaja's evo looks almost fake. I mean, it has the same issue as a lot of fake 'mon evolutions have: not being changed enough from it's original stage. Well, the Kanto ones stayed pretty similar, but come on...

I do like how it's legs and arms seem to be getting shorter and stubbier, like it's gonna lose them, but... shouldn't it be getting longer too, so that it doesn't look like a green banana with a head one's it's legs and arms are useless? And so it can slither like a snake?

The electrocuted bat looks... like a Venonat. And it's kind of ugly. I have hope for the bunny thing, and the Mijumaru evo, since I can't tell if the shells are on it's arms or it's knees (guessing knees though)

The girl... is wierd looking. :p Maybe she'll actually have a unique personality though. May and Dawn aren't a whole lot different, in my mind.

Random dude with Umbreon just looks out of place. XD

Wow this just spoiled the second evos for two of the Black and White starters!

Oh, and a new bat pokemon? Thank god, I was getting tired of Zubat.

The new girl is... Bleh. There is nothing remotely interesting about her, and her hair is HUUUUGE... Which is actually kind of funny.

I think this series just now went from "falling into a pit" to "landing in a toilet".

Here's the progression of quality if you don't know what I mean:

1st Season: Went uphill, was made of awesome

2nd Season: Steady Line:

Johto Season: Started going downhill

Hoenn Season: Tripped down the slope and tumbled

Sinnoh Season: Fell down a pit

This new Season: Dropped into a toilet.

I'm so glad I have other anime to waste my braincells on. :)
WRONG!! SINNOH BEATS HOENN! ALSO LESS STUPID ABOUT GAME PHYSICS!
Back on subject. the female is either going to be awsome, or pathetic. It all comes down to role.
Ha, Best Isshu! Hilarious!

*Frowns at Tsutaaja's second form* Well how it's shaped makes me more curious about how its final form is gonna play out.

Best Wishes... The title almost makes me think the series is going to take a somewhat more serious overall moral consequence tone. That, and it has an all-around international title vibe to it. Either way I'm curious.

I like the girl's design to be honest (That's some extravagant hair). Wouldn't be surprised if she was some kind of gypsy or something. Personally hope she's tanned/dark-skinned and has blue hair!

I hate fanservice. I want a girl who wears JEANS. And a cool t-shirt. I know it'll never happen, but still... Seems more practical too; bare skin means being eaten alive while on a outdoor journey across a country filled with potentially dangerous elemental creatures.

WRONG!! SINNOH BEATS HOENN! ALSO LESS STUPID ABOUT GAME PHYSICS!
Back on subject. the female is either going to be awsome, or pathetic. It all comes down to role.
Ha, Best Isshu! Hilarious!

...I don't know. To me, Hoenn was more spot on than Sinnoh is. The dude you quoted sucked at critisizing the anime though. All I know is that this new season will lose a big chunk of the fanbase soley on the girl's hair...

I hope Brock will be included in "Best Wishes". He's been in the anime since it started, It wouldn't be the same without him.

I hope Brock will be included in "Best Wishes". He's been in the anime since it started, It wouldn't be the same without him.

I heard he was being taken out... but I don't remember where I heard that, so don't take my word for it. *shrugs*

He was starting to bug me, being a cartoony shell of his old self. I was rooting for Croagunk. :p

I heard somewhere that on the model sheet were just betas? I rally hope this is true for the sake of the second stage starters.

I also wonder that if they based the new girl of a completely new design, then does this mean that they are reserving the player girl for another role and hopefully not a movie cameo.

I heard he was being taken out... but I don't remember where I heard that, so don't take my word for it. *shrugs*

He was starting to bug me, being a cartoony shell of his old self. I was rooting for Croagunk. :p

They completely f***ed him this season. Only 3 Pokemon, and 1 fully evolved. He deserves to be in Gen 5.

The New Girl's hair is so big, folk exercise by jogging around it.

The New Girl's hair is so big, NASA plan to use it to shore up the hole in the Ozone layer.

The New Girl's hair is so big, small objects orbit it.

The New Girl's hair is so big, she lost a game of Hide&Seek because I spotted her behind Mt. Everest.

The New Girl's hair is so big, the only thing that's attracted to her is gravity.

The New Girl's hair is so big, when I swerved to avoid hitting her on the road I ran out of gas.

The New Girl's hair is so big, she fell into the grand canyon and got stuck.

There's a joke here somewhere about Brock not being in the show because he only likes pretty girls :p

Would you all like some cheese with your whine?

Honestly, you're all sounding like a bunch of 2-year-olds! I mean, really. It's just an anime; just a tv show. I know it's huge, probably one of the most popular animes in the world. But really, do we need to whine about every little thing? So quit your griping.

My two cents it this are as followed:

1) It's nice to have a original character for a change. Misty was a pain, May was nice (still wish she was around), and Dawn was somewhat of an annoyance. Sure, this girl has big hair, but in case you failed to notice, big (and extravagant) hair seems to be popular in Japan. Look at people like Jessie, Fantina, Candice, and others in the past. They all have very unique hairstyles. This girl has one too. but that doesn't mean we have to toss her around like a rag doll. Wait until we see her character in her true form, personality and all, THEN you can complain. I will hold all judgement of her until I see her in full form, then I'll decide.

2: For those who have been whining about Ash still being around, a little heads up... this is HIS show! He is the primary character. This is about HIS journey. HE is the one trying to become a Pokemon Master, and it will continue this way. So stop griping and get on with it!

So, if you'd all be so kind and GROW UP! Honestly, this is a kids show, and we're acting like spoiled 2-year-olds about each and every little thing. The writers call the shots, not us. If they want someone with big hair, then they can do it. It's their call, not ours, so get over it. I, for one, am interested and quite eager to see what they do. Others may share my view, while others have to whine about each and every detail. So, my advice is this... Snap out of it and just ENJOY the show!!! *sigh*

This is... weird. The girl is odd looking. And Best Wishes? It seems pretty weird... First thing that came to mind was the series ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom