• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Any Pokemon Episodes/Moments that have made you emotional ?

GamerGirlAdvanced

Reaction score
For me... I was actually very sad at the end of the Sinnoh region anime! This was the series that got me into pokemon and the first games I played where Diamond and Pearl! I was also quite sad when Team Rocket released Arbok and Weezing :(

So what about you?

Last edited:
I have recently re-watched the episode when James says "good-bye" to Cacnea. Girly, silly, corny side of me cried a little at that goodbye- James, coming across as the simplest of all enemies that Ash and his friends would ever face; shows again that he's much more than a funny, rich clown who follows a strong willed woman around: and proves to be able to worship his pokemons at the point of actually asking for help to your own enemies in order to help her grow in strenght (despite technisism) so as to not depart from her. I know it has happened in the anime before, but is not an attitude commonly seen of the "bad guys" I think there's nothing moreexciting than a character that proves to be more than what he sems- i regret so much to see him stuked in that "plain-playful" role he was condemned to. This is one of the reasons i adore Team Rocket, and have watched that episode around 8 times.

The recent Genesect movie has probably made me the most emotional since the first movie when Ash was turned to stone. When the Genesect helping Ash died it pretty much ripped my heart out. ;-;

1. Butterfree's Release.
2. Pikachu's goodbye.
3. Ash dying in the first movie (as a kid at least).
4. Snow-way out "Guess we'll all be cold together".
5. Goodbye Lapras.
5. Goodbye Charizard.
People including myself used to comment (hopefully no one does this anymore) that "Ash is an idiot for releasing Charizard/Squirtle/blabla). He's not, he really is not. He takes the time to think on what's good for his Pokemon and releases them without hesitation. It's what makes him a good trainer, it's what makes his pokemon have respect for him. It's been hinted throughout the series that he can understand Pokemon and I truly believe that is true. He's not an idiot or a bad trainer, he's a good person with a kind heart and an influential figure for many in both the pokemon world and the real world.

In one of the most recent episodes when Ash sees Helioptile for the first time. Says he's gonna catch it, asks it if it wants to battle (he didn't care what it's response was) and proceeded to attack it despite obviously being distressed. This pissed me off and made me wish Helioptiles counter attack was a finishing move.

Not even M. Night Shyamalan could have foreseen the ending to the Pokemon series being Shao Khan saying "Helioptile wins! Fatality!" lol

There are quite a few which made me feel teary like or moved.

Here are top most emotional moments for me:
-when Misty left cast and she, Ash and Brock had to separate. Content of episode was very moving, build with tension and emotion being sad to see them having to leave after going through so many adventures and both good, and bad times together. Misty was on edge of tears in here visibly not wanting to leave her friends being upset, Brock showed how much he cared for his companions and Ash was heartbroken the most when his two best friends left him after so much time alone not being able to suspense his tears.

Dialogue and animation were beautiful, there was a lot of characterization in here mixed with dramatic elements and you could clearly tell how much friendship between Ash and his comrades grew since Kanto days becoming attached to each other having closest bound imo .

It was also disappointing for me to see Misty leave cast being one of most complex and memorable characters in show being overall more enjoyable with her around(at least imo).
Along with leaving lot more to be desired with her goal and love for water types, background and various motives we learned about character during journey ending unfinished and unexplored.

Hopefully we will see original gang reunited at least once more(maybe for last season or something)with things coming full circle and to tie up loose ends in their stories .

-Jessie and James releasing Arbok and Weezing in order to protect all those wild Ekans and Koffing endangered to end up caught and imprisoned. Sadness of this episode speak volumes of how caring and compassionate this guys can be being good person in heart regardless of being part of villanious organization bwith misfortune in life having them end up there. That cobra and well not sure how to describe Weezing truly proved to be important partners in Jessie and James life staying loyal and attached to them until very end, and when their trainers decided to expose themselves to hunter Ryko and Tyranitar attacks getting beaten to death was very impacting and memorable scene sending strong message.

-Misty releasing Togetic. I swear this had to be if not most, than definitely one of top heart breaking releases ever showed in this show. Connection between pokemon and its trainer was incredibly strong with Misty growing to like him like mother would its own child putting lot of care and effort in raising it in best possible way. And Togetic prior to evolving played important role in her life too helping her to become more tolerant, compassionate and better as person serving as step toward maturing finding right balance between her headstrong and more tender side. Amount of determination and rage coming from Misty side when Hanson kidnapped it was admiring to see in order to free it from his hands and when time for split up came accompanied with doleful music with tears starting to run down the cheeks of both Togetic and its trainer being heartbroken of having to let it go, but finding strength to realize how it was for the best was very moving making me feel sorry for character.

-Ash dying(temporary) in first movie. Whole atmosphere and tone surrounding that scene was very beautiful, touching and heartwarming emphasizing on unselfishness and willingness of human sacrifice with pure heart to stop madness and hate rampaging around. Leaving strong message behind itself having all those pokenon which fight each other to put aside their differemces and realize how this is not right way to go, with power of their and Ash friends tears only increasing emotional aspect of scene even more.

-scene from prequel to first pokempon movie involving little Amber(AI) and Mewtwo. Conversation between her and Mewtwo was beautiful and touching containing lot of depth, emotion and originality. It touched on beauty and importance as life as whole adding even more of traumatic experience to pokemon in its developing stage, being especially heartbreaking when small Amber kept telling him to continue living never having chance to live herself experiencing all its charms and positive things realizing how end is near waiting for it in glass tube . Which added to sadness and important message her death sended out there.

Hard to stay indifferent to that.

Which is one of many reasons why to this day i prefer OS compared to newer sagas containing certain maturity and deep aspects of life put into it not being treated as typical children show and solely marketing tool having elements in which even adults could enjoy and relate themselves to it. Especially under mr. Shudo command(he knew how to bring true emotion and essence of journey on screen), but later to some extent as well during rest of older series and Hoenn at times.

Last edited:
I have a rather strong heart in these situations, but one episode got me: Do I Hear A Ralts? It was rather sweet to me.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom