• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone planning your team yet? What are your picks so far?

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I saw people discussing this earlier so I thought a thread for it might be worth it.

So far I know the only one I'm definitely using is Rowlet. I love Vikavolt and/or Togedemaru so probably one of those too but it's still too early to say.

The "maybe" list is Komala, Cutiefly, Pikipek and Yungoos but I'll wait on their evolutions first.

Some people like to start planning earlier while others wait for the full dex. Which are you?

I only have a "maybe" list since I first really want to know the evolutions, especially nervous about Litten's :unsure:

So my "maybe" team so far:
  • Litten
  • Pikipek
  • Rockruff
Also maybe Tapu Koko, I do love that mon but not very fond of having legendaries on my team.

Hmm it's tough at this point but I have thought about it quite a bit... I usually get both games so:

Moon Team:
Rowlet
Rockruff
Togedemaru (dependent on if there's another electric type revealed that I like better)
Bruxish/Cutiefly (just potential until others are revealed, though I adore Cutiefly, and think Bruxish is cool).

Sun Team:
Litten
Pikipek
Komala (though more-so if it evolves)
Vikavolt (Same as the Togedemaru situation).

I want to see if I can complete my first run without a Fire-type, but Litten is really tempting me. Assuming I stick to the plan:

For sure: Rowlet/Popplio, Rockruff

Likely: Togedemaru, Meowth

Of course, I am a bit spontaneous, so nothing is set in stone.

I've been planning a prototype team for a little bit now with the Mons we've gotten so far. It's still subject to change, but this is the general idea I have so far.

Litten
Pikipek
Rockruff
Vikavolt

So far I've got a fair bit of coverage, but I do need a Water and perhaps a Grass Mon, depending on what we see. Maybe also a Fairy-type as they tend to be game-changers. But this is the rough idea I've got so far.

Right now for Sun my team is going to be Rowlet, Pikipek, and Grubbin. Maybe Drampa, and Rockruff (depending on it's evolution). Also if the Gen 6 exp share is back I'm definitely having more than 6 on my team.

Nope, no idea. I want to use Rowlet as my starter, but if Pikapek is flying/steel, then I guess litten is my next choice. But then Rockruff could be a viable 3 stage Pokemon, who I would love to have as a replacement to my starter. But the wbole choice of a starter is also reliant on what litten's secondary type is, cause there aee some great things that could happen.And lets not even get started on how Pikapek becoming flying/steel later on would affect my choice on if I want Togedemaru or Vikavolt. Basically for the first time ever I might want to go in blind for my firdt playthrough cause the Dex so far is getting me excited for what the new Mon have to offer. Gonna be much easier to ignore the Non-Alola Pokemon.

My team right now is:
  • Rowlet
  • Pikipek
  • Cutiefly
  • Bruxish
  • Vikavolt?
  • Rockruff?
I was pretty set on using Grubbin but after seeing Vikavolt I'm not 100% sure. It's definitely a great Pokémon, no doubt about that. But what attracted me to Grubbin is lost in Vikavolt so I feel slightly betrayed. :f Rockruff is also a maybe because I want to wait and see its evolution before deciding.

Obviously this is just an idea of who I'll pick since it's bound to change. The only two I'm really set on are Rowlet and Pikipek since I love Rowlet a lot more than the others and I always use the regional bird. Cutiefly and Bruxish would be cool additions but again, I'm not sure how things will change with new Pokémon being shown.

Personally I don't really care about coverage or how strong a Pokémon is in-game; if my team is horribly balanced it just makes the game more interesting!

I've had a team set up for a while now with only those from the previous six generations, what I'm doing is waiting to see if I could swap in a Gen VII Pokémon into one of those slots. The thing I most want to see here is a good Dark/Fairy type.

I do like Cutiefly but it probably wouldn't make it in unless the stats are surprisingly good.

Traditionally I pick the Water-starter and the regional bird, and fill in the gaps thereafter.

But that won't be the case here -- partially because this batch of starters have made the decision difficult. I like Rowlet, Litten, AND Popplio. So my mind has yet to be made up.

Pikipek, however, is the only Pokemon I've signed to my team without any doubt. Fingers crossed it will be better than Unfezant, and the prospect of a Steel/Flying-type is amazing.

And I have an awful habit of refusing to utilize more than one of the same type, so with Pikipek on my team this removes Rowlet from immediate contention. Then as I see it, I'll choose between Litten and Popplio based upon what other Fire or Water-type Pokemon are available in game. My hopes beyond this are that Litten will become Fire/Poison and Popplio will become Water/Fairy. Their final typing will also sway my decision.

And then there's Komalu, which I would love to have, but need to know more about, such as his evolution and his move pool, etc.

Otherwise I'll test out some of the new Pokemon but none others will hold a spot on my team, most likely.

I have been thinking of which Pokemon I'd want to raise and since I'll be getting both games, I'll be able to make two teams. So far, my Sun team is definitely going to have Popplio, Rockruff and either Grubbin or Cutiefly. I definitely want to raise Popplio and Rockruff together, but I don't know which Bug type I want for that team. It really depends on whether or not Popplio evolves into a Water/Fairy type. If it does, then I'll use Cutiefly for my Moon team. I really like both of them, so I want to make sure I have one of them on each of my teams. Pretty much all four of those Pokemon are definitely going to end up somewhere in my two teams.

As for my Moon team, I'm still not one hundred percent sure of my starter, but I'll most likely choose Litten and the other Bug type that I don't use in Sun would be used here. I like Pikipek, but I'm not quite sure if it would be on either of my teams right now. I'll really need to see what it evolves into, if there are other Flying Pokemon that I like more and if Soaring returns, even though I still used Fly more than Soaring after awhile in OR/AS.

Most of this is subjected to change, although I seriously doubt that I won't raise a Popplio and Rockruff at this point, but that's what I have planned thus far. I'm sure it will get more confusing when more new Pokemon come out and especially when they introduce new Mega Evolutions. I'm already tempted to just keep my teams full of seventh generation Pokemon because of how I like so many of them already, but if they introduced Mega Flygon, Mega Arcanine or other Mega Evolutions for Pokemon that I really like, then that's going to be much more difficult.

I don't really plan teams so far ahead, but I know I definitely want to raise a Vikavolt and a Drampa. Tapu Koko too, but that's a different case as it's a legendary Pokemon. As for a starter, I have no idea yet. I want to see their evolved forms and types first.

i haven't really made any commitments since i don't wanna get my heart set on something that turns out to be meh (not that there's anything wrong with meh, i just don't want to have to babysit). regardless, i am leaning somewhat towards Popplio, Pikipeck, and Grubbin.

I don't really plan out my teams in advance until all of the Pokémon have been revealed. I've only committed to Rowlet (and prrrrrobably Litten for my secondary game, but I'm planning on that one being a Nuzlocke, so how long I'll actually have it for is another matter). However, my interest has been piqued quite a bit by Bruxish, Togedemaru, and Drampa. Vikavolt seems cool, but I assume it will get edged out by later Pokémon.

I'm not limiting myself to new Pokémon, but if I had to, my team so far would be Popplio, Yungoos, Pikipek, Vikavolt, Komala and Drampa.

Sun: Rowlet, Rockruff, and Drampa are certain team members. They all compliment each other nicely and are probably my three favorite 'mons that we've seen thus far.

Moon: So far, it's just Litten and Pikipek. Once we get another Grass- or Ground-type, it'll probably join these guys to take care of Water or Electric respectively.

Uncertain: I'd like to use Popplio, Komala, and Cutiefly at some point, but they'll probably be saved for future runs.

I would definitely use Rowlet in one game first. I usually have pokemon in my team that use HMs. I probably use Litten in the other game.

So far, my planned team is
Popplio
Rockruff
Togedemaru
Cutiefly

I'm really hoping for some unique typings they could do with fire or grass- crossing my fingers for a fire/grass (or vice-versa) type, then I figure I could use that last space for some kind of ghost or dragon type. Drampa might be that dragon type, it's so adorable, but it' s still a tad early to give it a spot for sure

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom