• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anything that caught you by surprise with Diamond and Pearl?

A character named Tyler, right nort of Jubilife (and next to a girl named Sarah...heh...that's the name of a girl I like).

And I have a Magikarp...-_-

The character with my name had a Luxio. Which I ironically had in my own party and used to beat the snot out of him.

:)

Anyway...I noticed the 2nd Glacier Badge is now the Icicle Badge, cool.

And...I forgot that traded Pokemon need badges to listen to you...my Level 13 Croagunk I traded from Pearl is being an arse...>.>

I found out something today:

One of the main translators, Douglas Dinsdale, is a member of the Something Awful Forums, hence all the net lingo. There are also multiple references to the SA website and community scattered throughout the game.

That explains so much.

Well, knowing that Pokemon has a bit of off-beat humor, and knowing that's it's the real McCoy rather than a lame attempt to be 'cool' is making me look forward to this game even more (it's not out in Australia yet)

Wow. I wonder, then, what kinds of references will get put into the third version.

Um um um, oh snap, that's so cool!

8D So, leik, I was messing around with my badges earlier this week and when I tapped on them, they chimed musically and I though, hey, that's pretty neat. But when I tapped them, they would sometimes also make a squeegee noise. And so I rubbed at them and the squeegee got worse. It was grating, so I avoided that as much as possible.

And now that I bothered to get the third badge, I looked at it to play with the tones and realized my Coal badge was really dark and my Forest badge wasn't as blindingly bright as the Cobble badge. So.

o_O Am I allowed to be surprised that the badges can get dirty and rubbing them with the stylus keeps them clean, D8 or was I supposed to know this somehow?

It's an easter egg thing. ; D Check the "Did you Know" on Bulbapedia.

Here's something from Fantina: "Never give up, never surrender!"

I hope Byron goes "By Gabite's Hammer, I shall avenge you!"

Didn't they say before it came out in english that you could input your height and weight in the pokédex? Cause i haven't found any way of doing that. :( I was looking forward to that feature..

It's probably in an upgrade from Dawn's dad. I just got an upgrade from him to view Pokemon genders.

When my pokemon will avoid an attack. Has that always been there? I think I remember something like that in Gen III, but I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe it's an ability?

Is it just me or does your character walk a little different when not running? It seems that the game looks a little different than previous GBA ones.

Cool!

There is ANOTHER trainer named Tyler, this one a Battle Girl on Steel Island with a Medicham...and, well, tbh...I'd love to be her more then a Junior Trainer with a Magikarp...

Learning that Croagunk is not a water type, it's a frog for crying out loud!

I'm so glad we only have to see the pokemon and not actually catch them, it makes things a lot easier.

The mulch girl's line about pokemon uh.. you know.. was really funny.

Nothing new, but the more I think about it, the more I realize the internet lingo caught me a bit by surprise. I really wish they hadn't added it. I mean, it wasn't really amusing when I first saw it, then I found it quite mildly amusing, and now it's just gotten to be stupid. I suppose I'm in the minority on this one, though.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom