• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

April CoroCoro begins to surface: Boxart for Black 2, White 2 revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The remaining pics:
CoroCoromovie.jpg

BlackKyurem.png

WhiteKyurem.jpg

Not counting the artwork pages, it seems that CoroCoro only has four pages about B2W2, Nobunaga's Ambition, the TCG and Movie 15 combined. That's fairly poor by CoroCoro's own standards.

Since another magazine will be used for the last (and surprising?) part of the Nobunaga's Ambition coverage, I think there is a good chance that yet another source will do B2W2 some justice by the end of the month.

Last edited:
I like how there's no coverage about Nobunaga's Ambition on fan sites.
I'm more surprised by the lack of coverage about that game in CoroCoro. The only reason I could see for the B2W2 coverage being so minimal is that Nobunaga's Ambition has yet to be released and arguably needs more coverage right now, but it turns out that it only got half a page. I don't remember CoroCoro ever being so stingy on game information.

I hope this means that the Pokémon Company is starting to prioritize other media over CoroCoro. Come to think of it, a fair amount of Nobunaga's Ambition information was revealed via various game trailers broadcast online and on television.
I was actually thinking that we may get more information in the following weeks from their website rather than just coro coro for some reason.

*Sigh*

I was really hoping there was more to Corocoro. I guess not... Hopefully this isn't a sign that, despite BW2's sequel status, there isn't much new stuff to cover.

Also, why is Meloetta's anime artwork all that's being shown of it?

Also, why is Meloetta's anime artwork all that's being shown of it?
Nothing has been (properly) revealed about Meloetta other than her name, anime artwork and the fact she will be featured in the recital short. Some of the Japanese kids don't even know that she exists in the games, but that will probably change next month.

Last edited:
BlackKyurem.png

WhiteKyurem.jpg

The new artwork is pretty awesome. I'm still not totally sold on the designs themselves, but I like how we can see more of the formes now. The energy wires are interesting, I wonder if they'll have some relevance or if they're just for for show to jazz them up a bit.

I'm loving the new artwork. And how Kyurem's lightbulb thingies tie into the overdrive of his two forms.

But really. I've never been so disappointed in CoroCoro before. Nothing really new was revealed. Nothing to get the fandom even more excited.

But really. I've never been so disappointed in CoroCoro before. Nothing really new was revealed. Nothing to get the fandom even more excited.

Agreed, with the lack of screenshots to actually PROVE that B2/W2 is actually a sequel like this issue said, and not just the same game as B/W just with added features, it only leaves us to continue speculating for another 30 days about what these games are really about, of course, if another major source reveals anything this month (albeit in the later half of the month), it will hopefully reveal more information than just the box art, including some screenshots at least, but we can only hope for now...

Agreed, with the lack of screenshots to actually PROVE that B2/W2 is actually a sequel like this issue said, and not just the same game as B/W just with added features, it only leaves us to continue speculating for another 30 days about what these games are really about, of course, if another major source reveals anything this month (albeit in the later half of the month), it will hopefully reveal more information than just the box art, including some screenshots at least, but we can only hope for now...
A new story is a new story, no matter how much PR fluff lies. I never take it at face value, but even at this point where they're basically giving the fandom a big fat middle finger by literally saying "oh gee you were expecting gray weren't you? well you were all WRONG" we are far past the point where we should doubt the fact that these are sequels.

A new story is a new story, no matter how much PR fluff lies. I never take it at face value, but even at this point where they're basically giving the fandom a big fat middle finger by literally saying "oh gee you were expecting gray weren't you? well you were all WRONG" we are far past the point where we should doubt the fact that these are sequels.

Frankly, I'm inclined to believe BW2 are actual sequels. Considering the events of the past month and how little time seems to be left in this generation the fact that they can be sequels makes sense to me.

It's the fact that I want to start seeing this new direction the franchise is taking, yet don't see anything in favor of what we already know that annoys me.

It's not a matter of proving wether this are sequels or not. But to get a first glimpse of an entirely new addition to this franchise.

Uh huh. The franchise is starting to twist more then a roller coaster, and gen 6 is probably gonna blow our minds compared to what they're doing to us in this gen alone. BW2 has been the most unpredictable gen yet, and the fact that we're getting sequels in the same gen is enough to get us excited.

Oh well, on to the spinoff release then. (even though I may be only one that cares anymore)

Or the TCG information. That's pretty annoying. The set comes out in three days, and it introduces Dragon type EX's into the game. It's a pretty big deal that Bulbagarden always seems to just ignore in stories like this. CoroCoro features TCG too. Most of the time, these stories (usually written by @adyniz, @trom, or @tc), completely ignore such information.

Last edited:
I usually don't play TCG, but I do enjoy seeing the artwork and sometimes they have interesting Pokemon Powers or attacks that I love to read.

I usually don't play TCG, but I do enjoy seeing the artwork and sometimes they have interesting Pokemon Powers or attacks that I love to read.

I actually found the TCG feature from CoroCoro. You can read the separate story I wrote for it here

Or the TCG information. That's pretty annoying. The set comes out in three days, and it introduces Dragon type EX's into the game. It's a pretty big deal that Bulbagarden always seems to just ignore in stories like this. CoroCoro features TCG too. Most of the time, these stories (usually written by @adyniz, @trom, or @tc), completely ignore such information.
so you want people who dont know a lot about TCG to write an article on TCG? fact of the matter is we are greatly lacking in TCG persons, and you know this. youre more than welcome to write the articles.

The reason why no one reported on Nobunaga was that there were no scans surfaced related to it, at that time. Nobunaga scans were uploaded yesterday, thanks to Gin/Sunyshore.

Or the TCG information. That's pretty annoying. The set comes out in three days, and it introduces Dragon type EX's into the game. It's a pretty big deal that Bulbagarden always seems to just ignore in stories like this. CoroCoro features TCG too. Most of the time, these stories (usually written by adyniz, trom, or tc), completely ignore such information.

As far as CoroCoro is concerned, yes, it does feature TCG stuff but there was not a single scan on 2ch or on Twitter related it but just the two BW2 scans otherwise I would have informed you or SM.

I can see your point but everyone has a certain field of interest, some of us don't report on anime related stuff since they are not interested in it, not their fault. So, I prefer to choose those things which I am interested in and have a decent grasp over the subject, so that I can mainspace a decent article. It is much healthier for any site this way. Otherwise it will be like asking a mechanic to fix your computer.

I know that we are a news site and we should report everything but I have less to no knowledge of TCG, just the basic stuff, same for Battrio and manga. That is one of the reasons I have "anime" in my interests section.

so you want people who dont know a lot about TCG to write an article on TCG? fact of the matter is we are greatly lacking in TCG persons, and you know this. youre more than welcome to write the articles.

Then they should inform those people that it exists and those persons will handle it. I want the people who don't know a lot about the TCG to at least acknowledge that it is there. And as for writing the articles. I do and I have. But the fact that there are always two separate articles about the stuff CoroCoro reveals is annoying.

you, and any person interested in TCG, is completely allowed to edit the news article to include the TCG stuff.
as for the CoroCoro articles, again, it goes back to people with a lack of knowledge. a non TCG person will at most, offer some minor info about "some set" being released "soon maybe"
i want that TCG info too, but we cant expect people who have no business writing it to get all the details right. rather not say anything than say something wrong.

you, and any person interested in TCG, is completely allowed to edit the news article to include the TCG stuff.
as for the CoroCoro articles, again, it goes back to people with a lack of knowledge. a non TCG person will at most, offer some minor info about "some set" being released "soon maybe"
i want that TCG info too, but we cant expect people who have no business writing it to get all the details right. rather not say anything than say something wrong.

The way Bulbanews does Updates of stories is incredibly subtle and pointless. We can expect the big powers of news to learn how to write news about anything that comes up. It isn't hard to do a bit of research into what you are doing. You know that Garbodor/Shedinja article I wrote today? I conferred with three other people about it, dug online for about 40 minutes, and ultimately spent about 2 hours writing the story. It's just a matter of others actually trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom