• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are there any Pokemon that scare or used to scare you?

Charbok

Back From The Grave
Reaction score
To this day, Beedrill still scares me. It's mainly just the sprite of it that makes me scream, and its mainly because I'm scares of bees in real life.

It's weird because when I was younger and I saw a Beedrill in the anime I wasn't really scared, but now when i see one it makes me jump. That's why I hate when Ash goes into a forest now.

Onix in the 3D battle sims dude. D8; He's so big and creepy, and he leers at smaller Pokemon like he's gonna kill them.

Well, Drowzee and Hypno are quite creepy.

There is also a lot of messed up entries in the Pokédex (like Litwick and Yamask's), but I believe most of them are just myths and legends.

I'm a bit weirded out by Venusaur in PBR,and my sister is creeped out a bit by Pelliper. Just look at those eyes....

Croagunk sort of frightened me the first time I saw it. It's funny, because it later went on to become my favorite Pokemon for a while.

Shedinja. Not because it looks scary, but...

"SHEDINJA's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this POKéMON will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back."

Perfect. Guess who's peering into it's hollow body during battle. Yeah. You.

Black:The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished.

O_0......... This scared me the first time I read it.

I can't remember every being genuinely scared by any of them. Jynx and Mr. Mime were freaky, to be sure, but I can't think of anything that actually made me frightened.

I do remember being scared for the Charmander family quite a bit though, what with the whole "they die if their flames go out" thing.

Steelix and Mamoswine both used to scare me.

I am still scared of Rhyperior. That thing is like out of a nightmare.

Last edited:
I know this is strange, but Delcatty's sprite in Emerald. The way it twists its head and looks like it's meowing still scares me whenever I play it.

Edit: I'd show you, but I can't access Bulbapedia at the moment for some reason.

Haha, Beedrill used to scare me too! Mostly because I was highly afraid of bees. I can't think of any other Pokemon that scared me though.

Tympole has creeped me out since the moment I first laid eyes on it. It might be cute to some, but it looks a little...unnatural to me. I mean, the thing is just smiling at me.

One more thing, Ampharos' sprite in BW creeps me out.

Spr_5b_181.png

It's all in the eye.

I know this is strange, but Delcatty's sprite in Emerald. The way it twists its head and looks like it's meowing still scares me whenever I play it.

Edit: I'd show you, but I can't access Bulbapedia at the moment for some reason.

Omg!! I see what you mean. Does it stick its tongue out or is that a fang??!!

Mine would be Paras. I have always had something against mushrooms and for Gen I it definitely has more of a "creepy music" call as opposed to the others.

Omg!! I see what you mean. Does it stick its tongue out or is that a fang??!!

Mine would be Paras. I have always had something against mushrooms and for Gen I it definitely has more of a "creepy music" call as opposed to the others.

It looks like a tongue to me, but who knows.

To continue the thread, another pokemon that scared me was Giratina. Long story short, the way it leapt up and screamed in your face at Spear Pillar in Platinum almost made me drop my DS in fright, especially since I had it at a high volume.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom