• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

I got an iPad so i can finally do digital art
I also drew a Frigale, but the image is stuck on there and i cant use my ipad rihgt now, Ill release alongside a DMC (Draw My Character) entry I'm working on later on my thread.

Edit: Also props to those who didnt need to look up what a frigale was

Last edited:
PSA for everyone with an art thread here, since I know this may affect a few peeps: if you've ever hosted your art via Discord attachments and uploaded them to your posts by URL, you might want to back up and/or reupload those pictures now, because all of those image embeds may be expiring soon.

They haven't officially announced anything about this yet, but if you copy a link to an image from Discord right now, you might notice they've added a string of expiration parameters to the end of every URL. Just backspacing it works fine for now, but I can't imagine it'll remain optional for very long — if this 24-hour expiration date on images becomes a requirement to share them, it will basically no longer be usable as a permanent image host, and all existing "cdn.discordapp.com" attachments will retroactively cease to be. (Y'know, like what happened to Tinypic.)

The reason why I mention it here is because all of my art on the forums has been embedded via URL from my Discord, and I'm going to have to go through and reupload every single picture through the native file attachment system to prevent it from potentially just becoming an empty thread. ._.

Save your stuff if you need to, friends!!

Thank you again for this PSA, Oki! I'm too lazy to do it now so I'll just wait till discord nukes all my stuff most likely, and I'll just edit the posts then. Some of my doodles may become unrecoverable though, as I tend not to save those. Such is the way it is, I'll simply make new ones!

That said, I wanted to do Goretober this year, but I'm just a biiiit too busy atm, maybe I'll do the prompts anyway just not each day, I would like to once though. TT TT Is anyone doing any? I reaaally want to make a Halloween themed drawing at the very least!!

Oh you reminded me, I really wanted to do cringetober this year but I always end up never doing these challenges because drawing everyday is just not very good for my mental health. And October tends to be a busy month anyway, exams and such.
I could do like you said and only draw some prompts, to satisfy my whatever-tober challenge cravings lol

I've been trying to do Inktober for the past five-ish years, but last year was the first time I actually managed to complete the entire month, so hopefully I can keep that up this year :) Daily drawing things are a bit of a challenge for me because if I miss one day, I often end up skipping a lot more days after that and then I lose motivation to catch up and continue.
I sometimes want to branch out and do other _____tober challenges but I absolutely have to do Inktober and there is no way I'd be able to handle two different challenges at once lol (unless there's some other non-October month-long art challenge things I'm not aware of? anyone know any good ones?)

I've been trying to do Inktober for the past five-ish years, but last year was the first time I actually managed to complete the entire month, so hopefully I can keep that up this year :) Daily drawing things are a bit of a challenge for me because if I miss one day, I often end up skipping a lot more days after that and then I lose motivation to catch up and continue.
I sometimes want to branch out and do other _____tober challenges but I absolutely have to do Inktober and there is no way I'd be able to handle two different challenges at once lol (unless there's some other non-October month-long art challenge things I'm not aware of? anyone know any good ones?)
I recently found out there's such a thing as Smaugust (Smaug + August), where people design a dragon per day. I'm sure there's more, but I'm not very knowledgeable about art challenges. (I've never done one, kind of want to, but also afraid I'd just stress myself out.)

I've never seriously attempted any (blank)tober challenges, I think they're just a bit too much pressure for me. The farthest I ever got with one was doing the first day of Inktober in 2015, thinking "wow this is gonna be a lot of hard work!"... and immediately dropping it. :stunfisk:

Cringetober seems like a lot of fun though; since I'm already late, I might just pick and choose some prompts I like and do them on my own time lol. I enjoyed doing Pokémon Ship Week too, 7 days was much less intimidating than 31 — but I'm not sure where to find more of those shorter challenges, since I don't frequent the social media places where they tend to appear. (Do you guys know of any interesting ones coming up??)

I enjoyed doing Pokémon Ship Week too, 7 days was much less intimidating than 31 — but I'm not sure where to find more of those shorter challenges, since I don't frequent the social media places where they tend to appear.
Ditto! I've never done any prompt challenges but I have participated in Artfight before (I try to improve my score each year so I draw a lot during the event) and 7 days is wayyyy more reasonable than 31 X)
Maybe we could do some weekly prompts challenges here in the Art Gallery? Like the Weekly Prompt thread from the Writers' Workshop (that being said I don't know if weekly challenges have been hosted here before and if they went well so... excuse me if this is a stupid idea)

Ditto! I've never done any prompt challenges but I have participated in Artfight before (I try to improve my score each year so I draw a lot during the event) and 7 days is wayyyy more reasonable than 31 X)
Maybe we could do some weekly prompts challenges here in the Art Gallery? Like the Weekly Prompt thread from the Writers' Workshop (that being said I don't know if weekly challenges have been hosted here before and if they went well so... excuse me if this is a stupid idea)
We used to have a monthly art prompt thing going on, but there was a lack of interest at the time (literally only Rainbow Cloud did it towards the end since he was the sole AG mod), so it ended up getting closed. @Blanc also briefly ran a biweekly art challenge, which I've been meaning to talk with her about getting back going.

Blanc and I have a also talked a bit about doing a Halloween thing, I'd be willing to run a week-long set of prompts later in the month if there's interest.

which I've been meaning to talk with her about getting back going.
Hehehe, you don't need to press me too hard about it, I've been gathering references here and there to have a backlog to restart it actually! (Though a bit later than planned, but you know...) But I can promise it to be rebooted some time this month, either by the end of this week or next week for sure! Keep an eye out!

Blanc and I have a also talked a bit about doing a Halloween thing, I'd be willing to run a week-long set of prompts later in the month if there's interest.
I definitely want to get back to you on this soon as well! We were also discussing an art trade event I believe... I won't spoil too much, but one of our Halloween ideas will come to fruition!

I, also, have never participated in the Inktober. If I recall correctly, I learned about its existence just last year (I had no internet access for a longer time than the majority of people my age I know lol). I wouldn't say I'm interested in it, October is an exceptionally busy month and drawing for 31 days in a row is just too much! (Also even if I ever wanted to do something this long I probably wouldn't do the boring-sounding Inktober but a different -tober - like the already mentioned Cringetober, it sounds much more fun!)

What caught my interest some time ago were various 30 day art challenges that I've seen doing some people on YouTube - they don't need to be completed in 30, so one can take breaks (that's how they get the YT video names like "I've Completed a 30 day Art Challenge - in Three Months!!).

(unless there's some other non-October month-long art challenge things I'm not aware of? anyone know any good ones?)
I knew about MerMay (mermaid + May) and Swordtember (sword + September) and I looked up more, found this list: BrushWarriors: Monthly Art Challenges. ...Now I like "Slowvember" which is about completing one drawing, instead of multiple - in November.

Also the Pokémon Ship Week sound amazing (it has "Pokémon" and "Ship" in it!!!! And it's only a week!!). While drawing every day of a week sounds, well, challenging, it seems very doable. I sure need to seriously check it out next year!

Congrats to the new staff artists!! you guys are gonna do great :yay:
Aww, thank you Disc!! This was a very sweet surprise! Oki and I are gonna cover Bulbagarden in our art!! Just wait and see! (All the while I will still draw subway masters as usual, of course)

Back
Top Bottom