• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash ketchum's ultimate team.

Here's my deductions, feel free to politely fite me over them if you disagree:
  • Pikachu (Ash's first Pokemon, and by extension his most experienced. Pikachu's power may fluctuate wildly, but he still holds the record of having defeated the most Legendaries)
  • Charizard (Obviously. Zard has always been one of Ash's strongest, and is notably the first non-legendary Pokemon to beat a Legendary in battle, And he did it without needing to resort to a cheap powerup, Alain)
  • Sceptile (the first and only known Pokemon to defeat Tobias's Darkrai at the League. That feat puts Sceptile right up there as one of Ash's best)
  • Swellow (a lot of this bird's wins are honestly kinda BS, but the fact still stands that Swellow is ridiculously tough, possibly Ash's toughest bird. Now all it needs is a better moveset because it's a little embarrassing that it still has freaking Peck)
  • Lycanroc (I'm admittedly biased because I freaking adore this pupper, but the fact still stands that Ash's Lycanroc was the one to finally give Ash his first official League win. He's also one of the few Pokemon to defeat three opponents in a row, which is not something that happens often and is usually only reserved for Pokemon that the writers want to let us know to be extremely powerful)
  • Incineroar (yes, I know we haven't seen this guy fight as an Incineroar yet, but I'm reasonably confident of his power due to his win against Kukui's Incineroar WITHOUT evolving. Now, let's not forget that Kukui's Incineroar has a ridiculously long winning streak and was powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with Legendaries/Mythicals and win. In conclusion, if Ash's Torracat beat this juggernaut as a Torracat, then it stands to reason that evolution has only made him even more powerful)

Pokemon that came just shy of being included are Infernape, Snorlax, and Greninja. Not Krookodile, though, idk why people even keep bringing him up. Like, sure, he's the strongest of the Unova mons, but remember that that's Ash's weakest team. At risk of stating the obvious, being the best of the worst is hardly an accomplishment, so Krookodile is only on par with the strong non-ace Pokemon of Ash's other regional teams such as Buizel, Bayleef, or Staraptor in terms of power. I'm not saying that Krookodile's weak, far from it, but I do think that people overrate his power a bit.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom