• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's new look

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Ash's new look! Almost makes me want to check out the anime again... almost. :)

I really like Ash's new outfit. Actually looks natural xD

Pikachu's iron tail actually looks like iron D:

The clothes are nice, the eyes are kind of freaky, though probably because I'm used to the windows matching the drapes.

Amazing they pay attention to design more now, yet somehow get something wrong with Dento. I really don't know what it is, perhaps its the Anime vs Sugimori art-style that's just different.

EDIT: Used to his eyes now. I am so glad his clothes aren't the male protagonist's clothes from the game.
His eyes are drawn more like most of the other characters' now (that is, generic anime eyes). I think he looks younger, especially in this screenshot.

To be fair, he had the generic anime eyes of Gen I.

Here's Misty with the same eyes in Gen I, the more recent design gives her green eyes, however her's aren't as noticable because they didn't jump from just being coloured to having as much detail as Ash's. They should have transitioned slower starting at DP.

Last edited:
Pikachu's iron tail actually looks like iron D:

The clothes are nice, the eyes are kind of freaky, though probably because I'm used to the windows matching the drapes.
Wait, Iron isn't just a white glow?

I like the new Ash. The white hat works better than black.

Hey the Pokeball insignia on his hat is a Full and not a Semi :D. Looks cool.

Like the new clothes.

Iron Tail looks much better.

He seems very excited about his capture.

But those eyes. I'm not sure why but they send a strange chill up my spine. Maybe I'm just really used to his old eyes--it feels like this is not Ash, but some horrible homunculus that wants my soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom