• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Superhero Bonanza - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow.

I haven't read thoroughly through all these posts, but this is pretty aggressive stuff for not much content on Day 1. However, this behaviour from HC seems completely within character. Zexy, on the other hand, seems a little on edge, and I don't usually see Zexy get caught into too many fights on Day 1. They've also backtracked on HC, trying to put suspicion on them but saying they're town. Why cast attention onto them if you believe they are clear? That being said, I don't know if Zexy would be so reckless as scum.

It is a tie right now, 1 vote for each.

On Zexy, I understand why he pushes the questioning, but I do agree that asking about my vote on SD seems too much. It's a point that is, from my point of view, not worth discussing. It is apparantly the case for Zexy.

I see.

Do you agree with my thought that his saying that WO and you had forced the lynch to be between yourselves seems odd and rash?
Oh wow.

I haven't read thoroughly through all these posts, but this is pretty aggressive stuff for not much content on Day 1. However, this behaviour from HC seems completely within character. Zexy, on the other hand, seems a little on edge, and I don't usually see Zexy get caught into too many fights on Day 1. They've also backtracked on HC, trying to put suspicion on them but saying they're town. Why cast attention onto them if you believe they are clear? That being said, I don't know if Zexy would be so reckless as scum.

Just for clarity, what do you see that you think is his trying to put suspicion on me?

I see.

Do you agree with my thought that his saying that WO and you had forced the lynch to be between yourselves seems odd and rash?

Just for clarity, what do you see that you think is his trying to put suspicion on me?

This whole thing has put a lot of attention on you. You're now under the spotlight and this isn't good for so early in the game.

This whole thing has put a lot of attention on you. You're now under the spotlight and this isn't good for so early in the game.
Really? I'm always under the spotlight and I do fine.

On an another note the vote on Dylan is worth questioning because it was the third vote with a backtrackable reasoning. And it came off when I questioned darth on it.

I'm "under the spotlight" because I chose to enter an argument with Zexy. That's not something he started, nor is it quite putting suspicion on me. In fact, if he wanted to, all he had to do was to continue to try to paint my arguments as wrong and misguided rather then call me town for them at the same time. I'd rather say it looks like he's trying to play both sides, having me as town while discrediting my words. It's a pretty basic move to try and discredit someone while reading them as town so that you don't end up with their mislynch in your name.

Generally though, you create your own attention. Zexy's been putting negative attention on HC.
HCs posts look good but I feel like he's holding back and thus the negative attention is his own doing. Zexy on the other hand just looks bad.

@Zexy why wouldn't you ask a question another asked? That pushes forward the importance of the question and if someone continues to avoid answering it shows the question means something.

It's a bit late but since we are allowed to name claim:

My name is Barry Allen.
And I am the fastest man alive.
When I was a child I saw my mother killed by something impossible.
My father went to prison for her murder.
Then an accident made me the impossible.
To the outside world I am an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me.
And one day, I'll find who killed my mother and get justice for my father.
I am the Flash.

This is just a joke, I am not really the Flash, I just wanted the opportunity to claim the Flash through his opening.

So you'd waste time on a pointless argument where that's all you'll get, as that's either all there is or all he'll say?

So call them scum and punish them for it? If you want them to be held accountable, hold them accountable, but don't pretend there's a point in questioning them.

I have no idea, because I don't start with "what would scum!X do?" I saw something bad and called it out, which I'd do regardless of what I thought of you up to then, and I'm willing to say it's scummy because I can see why scum would do it, no meta nonsense.

Sure, and I have the right to point out why it's a bad thought.

No. If you disagree with my logic, how am I town? Why wouldn't scum (leaving out your meta focus) use coherent but incorrect logic like that? There has to be more than that or this is worth a FoS as well.
Come on, you make it seem like lots of time was wasted when you're the one wasting it by overthinking this.

But I didn't want to call them scum yet! I asked a question and wait for his reply to both my question and the things WolfOwl asked him earlier, so I could decide on reading him.

I don't start like that either, but the point is that "something bad" does not equal "something scummy". Don't just look at something and say "it's bad", think "would X do it as scum?". I know that we mostly disagree on meta (to the point of you calling it nonsense), and while I agree that I've overdone it with it in the past, meta can tell me well enough that WolfOwl's push on Darth isn't necessarily scummy, you are quite towny and Darth is someone to look out for for acting strange when he showed that he's afraid scum!him would be like that before.

And I have the right to defend. Also bad thought =/= scummy thought.

Because I don't have to agree with someone's logic to think they are town; the intent behind it and what you thought to end up posting it is what matters.
For that exact reason, you shouldn't just call me scum because you didn't like the logic of my thoughts, calling them bad. And no, I've seen you as scum multiple times and you've never tried being this invested in a case against someone or felt like pointing logic you think is bad to the point of attracting attention on yourself. Also, FoS me if I think you're town, FoS me if I think you're scum (which is kinda OMGUSy). That's bad logic to me.

What does that even mean? Coming from me of all people. If you know me well enough then you know that I am good friends with SoaringDylan. He is, therefore, one of my highest probabilities of being my joke vote. I know SD had 2 votes already and that my vote would make him even higher. I was aware that if my vote would still make him the lynch target of the day after the first 24 hours, I would remove my vote on him. I chose WO afterwards to protect myself. that way we were tied in votes. For that same reason I won't remove my vote yet
But we're not talking about joke vote probablities. Yet you still felt like jokevoting him even though you knew it would end up a bit too high, that's something I didn't like and pointed out. "I'd remove my vote if I had to later" doesn't completely excuse it either, scum can act like that. The point of voting WO in self-preservation is fair but also makes you look defensive and thus scummier.

I shall now ask, do you actually suspect WolfOwl for any reason or are you just voting for self-preservation?

I have this thing called a life. So I can't make you happy every second of the day an go replying to every detail. I have to pick and choose.

So vote him. You keep on replying to him yet you aren't voting him. I don't see why you aren't voting him and stating a case if he's your strongest scum read.
I'm sorry, I just didn't think of what happened up there as detail. It was one of the most important conversations this Day 1.

I can see why he's not voting me; he just feels like calling out logic he thinks is bad but isn't convinced I'm scum. Boils down to our philosophy differences and what constitutes "good logic". He always thought that you shouldn't say something unless you have something important to say, I believe that talking in the open about most of your thoughts (with the exceptions of the one you don't want scum to know, of course) is the best course of action.

So there's nothing wrong, in my opinion, with talking about how I notice the game has been centralized around two people early in the phase, or how I believe that you are the one who caused it etc. I'm not trying to accuse anyone, I'm not making a statement I believe is rash, just stating what I can do at that point, what I felt like sharing with the thread.

Because: A. I was developing my read through that back-and-forth with him. If you want the thoughts behind my read, it's in those posts. B. I want to see Darth respond, and to have more people discuss in general, before I make a final judgement. I value (serious) votes more than to just place one.
What have you decided on? Please read my latest posts; I tried to stay out of this for a bit, think at it with a clear mind and come back and explain, and I think I've figured out what the problem was here. As for Darth, I'll admit that I still don't like the way he's doing things here; he sure replied to my question about Dylan, but avoided more important matters such as what WO accused him for. I won't buy a simple "self-preservation" for an answer.
Do you still want me to respond, if so, to what?
Do you believe WolfOwl is actually suspicious?
Thoughts on the rest of the game?
We think you are scummy; how would you defend yourself?
It is a tie right now, 1 vote for each.

On Zexy, I understand why he pushes the questioning, but I do agree that asking about my vote on SD seems too much. It's a point that is, from my point of view, not worth discussing. It is apparantly the case for Zexy.
I didn't push it much; I asked just once. Hellcrow blew it out of proportion so I had to bring it up again and again. Also, you've given me an answer to that, and while I don't 100% like it, I've dropped it for now. I'd prefer you to reply on some other things now.

@CheffOfGames First of all, I'd advise against fake name claiming or even joke name claiming. Most importantly, is that the only thing you really have to say to everything that happened? About Darth in particular, what do you think of his actions in-thread so far? Scummy or not?
Same goes for @Soaringdylan who could post some more about it.

Oh wow.

It's not aggressive from my side, it is defensive. I agree that this behaviour from HC is within character, hence why I think he's town... but he called me out for it too. I might be a bit on edge but that's because I get called out "for bad logic" with as bad logic, the argument is pointless to me, between 2 townies. As for why I don't get caught in fights, it's because I don't try to; but if someone else starts it on me, I won't back down. I didn't try to put suspicion on HC ever, just pointing out the mistakes of his push. I believe they are town and I point out, I don't try to cast attention on him, he's doing it alone. And that's the point too, when I say I wouldn't be reckless as scum he calls me out for "what would scum!me do?" arguments even though they are valid.

Really? I'm always under the spotlight and I do fine.

On an another note the vote on Dylan is worth questioning because it was the third vote with a backtrackable reasoning. And it came off when I questioned darth on it.
Different people, different playstyles. WolfOwl under spotlight does well, Hellcrow under spotlight is a mislynch 90% of the time, especially when he starts it. Whenever he was scum he was figured out by external factors and brought into attention, never started it himself.
Generally though, you create your own attention. Zexy's been putting negative attention on HC.
I agree with anything but the negative part. I'm just trying to convince him he's wrong, not shade him.
I'm "under the spotlight" because I chose to enter an argument with Zexy. That's not something he started, nor is it quite putting suspicion on me. In fact, if he wanted to, all he had to do was to continue to try to paint my arguments as wrong and misguided rather then call me town for them at the same time. I'd rather say it looks like he's trying to play both sides, having me as town while discrediting my words. It's a pretty basic move to try and discredit someone while reading them as town so that you don't end up with their mislynch in your name.
Whether you like it or not, I'm calling you town because of meta. Please try to accept that as fact and read me based on that instead. You also assume that scum!me, once again, is trying some "both sides" tactic on you right away in Day 1. That's the kind of "master plan" I don't really use as scum especially early on.
HCs posts look good but I feel like he's holding back and thus the negative attention is his own doing. Zexy on the other hand just looks bad.

@Zexy why wouldn't you ask a question another asked? That pushes forward the importance of the question and if someone continues to avoid answering it shows the question means something.
Eh, you probably think so because you disagree with my meta reasoning WRT Hellcrow, Darth and to a lesser extent yourself.

Because I didn't feel the need to, to repeat a question someone else asked. I did not try to make a case against Darth so I wouldn't list every single thing that made me suspicious of him.

And that's my last post for now; sorry for multiple posting this much but there were lots of things I had to reply to.

Same goes for @Soaringdylan who could post some more about it.
What Darth was doing was just joke voting, I don't see a reason as to why it wouldn't be, besides he's not really that comfortable playing mafia yet so mistakes tend to happen.
Zexy, was doing what I would've done as well. Questioning the vote. But I didn't since I know Darth and believe there was no hard reason behind it. However WolfOwl & Hellcrow went all in by Zexy's questioning, making me think something is up with either or both of them.

I do however not believe Zexy is scummy for what he is doing, it's not like him to jump on a "newcommer" about a joke vote like this as scum. while for !scum Zexy it's a pretty reasonable reaction.

Since I do preffer a D1 lynch over no lynch, I'll VOTE: WolfOwl and let any of the non-voters decide who of the two seems more scummy, since in my opinion Darth doesn't look that dangerous at all.

What Darth was doing was just joke voting, I don't see a reason as to why it wouldn't be, besides he's not really that comfortable playing mafia yet so mistakes tend to happen.
Zexy, was doing what I would've done as well. Questioning the vote. But I didn't since I know Darth and believe there was no hard reason behind it. However WolfOwl & Hellcrow went all in by Zexy's questioning, making me think something is up with either or both of them.

I do however not believe Zexy is scummy for what he is doing, it's not like him to jump on a "newcommer" about a joke vote like this as scum. while for !scum Zexy it's a pretty reasonable reaction.

Since I do preffer a D1 lynch over no lynch, I'll VOTE: WolfOwl and let any of the non-voters decide who of the two seems more scummy, since in my opinion Darth doesn't look that dangerous at all.
You mean he's not comfortable playing the game of mafia or the alignment of mafia? Because if it's the latter it's a red flag you know.

I don't think something is up with Hellcrow, but WolfOwl maybe; she's very hard to read anyway.

For the record I don't consider Darth a "newcomer" at this point. He's played enough, he's shown us what he can do as town/indep and even that he's somewhat afraid of randing scum.

The problem with D1 is that I'm afraid lynching anybody if they don't have a chance to claim, hence why I won't do anything yet. Hopefully Darth/WO will get the chance to reply to those long posts of mine before update so I can decide based on that. I am considering that Dylan's not finding Darth suspicious tho, it kinda gives him some townpoints.

At this point I'll also add two things:
I will be busy for most of Saturday.
I won't be posting during the night phases in this game. I'd rather not explain more yet.

So if you see me not posting the moment Night 1 hits, don't worry too much; I'll answer any questions you might have for me after the D1 lynch (or NL) in D2, when I come back from the event that makes me busy for most of Saturday.

For the record I don't consider Darth a "newcomer" at this point. He's played enough, he's shown us what he can do as town/indep and even that he's somewhat afraid of randing scum.
I guess that's more of a fact of me knowing him IRL and having seen how he plays. The way I see him play he still feels that way but Outside-Of-Forum-Communication shouldn't influence me too much in these scenarios.

The problem with D1 is that I'm afraid lynching anybody if they don't have a chance to claim, hence why I won't do anything yet. Hopefully Darth/WO will get the chance to reply to those long posts of mine before update so I can decide based on that.
I feel like these 48 hours have been quite involving around the 2 of them, and so they have had the time to claim.
Now don't take me wrong, I do agree with your philosophy but there is a bigger chance that an extra dead early on will give us more information then that of a NoLynch D1. Besides PJ mafia as beloved princess died D1...

I feel like these 48 hours have been quite involving around the 2 of them, and so they have had the time to claim.
Now don't take me wrong, I do agree with your philosophy but there is a bigger chance that an extra dead early on will give us more information then that of a NoLynch D1. Besides PJ mafia as beloved princess died D1...
Agreed btw that counts as them centralizing the phase Hellcrow, although I don't think they would really claim unless under too much trouble, which is not the case yet.
Don't take me wrong, I don't agree with No Lynches Day 1. At all. In fact that's one of the oldest TWR debates and I'm fed up of debating towards lynches D1. I'd just rather wait before making a serious vote, as well as give them a chance to claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom