• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

I just participated in my first multi battle, and there were a bunch of awkward moments:
  • Excadrill is a lot smaller than I thought it was
  • I was the only one who didn't use a mega evolution
  • One of my opponents was using an imposter Ditto and knocked my Pokemon out with themselves

I was walking around route 19 in the valley area passing one of those broken headstone looking rocks and I encountered a haunter. I thought "Eep was I walking over someone's grave?" I find those stones creepy.

catching the ghost girl in the elevator when I hearing weird noises in my house scared me a lot.

I was battling some random guy over Wi-Fi.
He sends out Absol, I send out the Litwick that I had forgotten to deposit before the battle.
Litwick uses Fire Spin, Absol uses Sucker Punch.
Litwick uses confuse ray, Absol hits itself.
Absol Misses again, Litwick uses fire spin.
Absol lands sucker punch, hits Litwick and Litwick faints.
Absol is burned by Litwick's Flame Body, faints.
The Litwick was level 27.

Well, first of all, there's Inkay's evolving method... I had him up to LV36 before I found out how to evolve him.

also, in Frost cavern I was in the lowest floor doing the sliding across the ice puzzle (I don't remember what item was across the ice) I was looking all over for the solution......then I realized "oh yeah, I can move diagonally"

This happened in another online battle I had. So, my opponent was using an imposter Ditto, and it transformed into my Houndoom. My Houndoom has hidden power psychic. Then, the imposter Houndoom used hidden power, and it hit me even though I was using dark types. Then I realized Ditto was using its hidden power type instead of copying mine. Oops. :shy:

I think it was very weird that Shauna had 'never seen fireworks before' or something like that. Also, a guy challenged me to a wi-fi battle while I only had my Talonflame and I beat him.

I still have Farfetch'd on my team after the sixth gym badge. I swore to myself that I'd replace him by the third.

Most awkward moment is when Shauna asked to trade a Pokémon with me (after beating the league) and I'm like "Here, have my single most useless Pokémon ever. Also I'm going to put Froabble in Wonder Trade."

ps: @Snugglefox, any idea where I can get more of those awesome animated gifs like that Sylveon in your signature?

@dada; I can't remember but someone around should know.

When as soon as 3DS Miiverse came up, someone in the X and Y community said "So this is like the 4chan of Nintendo" and then people started drawing profanity.

Awwww, now I wish I were a Lickitung.
Well, my Gardevoir is female and a couple of those Lickitung were too. Make of that as you will.
Not being able to post screenshots of X in the Miiverse.
Really? I wanted to post that pic of me in Geosenge Town. Talk about awkward: the world is about to end! All hope is lost! Oh well, may as well take a picture of myself standing in front of the weapon that will kill me. (And not one single slag was given that day.)
Most awkward moment is when Shauna asked to trade a Pokémon with me (after beating the league) and I'm like "Here, have my single most useless Pokémon ever. Also I'm going to put Froabble in Wonder Trade."
Pretty much this, only I farmed out her Fennekin so I could breed for a female with its HA. Yep, poor thing is doomed to well, you know...

Even worse, I gave her a Bidoof in exchange for said Fennekin. I'm about as bad as some of those guys on Wonder Trade.

Well, this is weird. Just now I realized that I have a Whipped Dream in my inventory. I'm hurting my head trying to figure out how the hell I got it. It's an X-only item and I'm playing Pokemon Y. I just went to get the Sachet, which is where X players get the Whipped Dream. And I didn't buy it at the Battle Maison (don't even have enough BP yet to buy anything).

So the only thing I can think of is someone gave it to their pokemon and then traded it to me by accident.

Oh blast, you're right. I didn't look right. Nevermind.

Well, this did put my mind at ease :)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom