• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B/W Game Corner Discussion

Instead of Tetris, how about Tetris Attack?

You know, that game called "Pokemon Puzzle League" that was released for the N64. Maybe have that in the game parlour? *shot*

I second PokeTetris, what about a Pokemon version of Donkey Kong

In the game Donkey Kong is replaced by a Slaking, Pikachu replaces Mario, and the Princess is replaced by ??? hmmm... I'm not really sure?

Jynx would make a good princes.

An arcade would be fun :-D
It should have a jukebox (choose which generation's game corner music you would like to listen to! Costs 10 coins), high score lists, and all the games suggested here. Yeah, we'll probably get Voltorb Flip or something else, but we may hope :)

My only problem with Voltorb Flip is that it's still a game of luck - and if you got no clues, on e.g. lv. 9, and find a bomb Voltorb on your first flip, it will send you straight down to level 1! That's not fair, I got no clue where the bombs Voltorbs were :eh:

An arcade would be fun :-D
It should have a jukebox (choose which generation's game corner music you would like to listen to! Costs 10 coins), high score lists, and all the games suggested here. Yeah, we'll probably get Voltorb Flip or something else, but we may hope :)

My only problem with Voltorb Flip is that it's still a game of luck - and if you got no clues, on e.g. lv. 9, and find a bomb Voltorb on your first flip, it will send you straight down to level 1! That's not fair, I got no clue where the bombs Voltorbs were :eh:

Hardly a game of luck. Sure there is still some luck involved, but you can reason where the bombs and useless tiles are. I've managed to open only the useful squares in some games by reasoning out based on the information give.

And yeah, level 9, obviously its going to be hard there.

Hardly a game of luck. Sure there is still some luck involved, but you can reason where the bombs and useless tiles are. I've managed to open only the useful squares in some games by reasoning out based on the information give.

And yeah, level 9, obviously its going to be hard there.

That's true. I'm satisfied with the amount of luck, it's just the punishment I really think is a little unfair. Most of the time, it's okay, but some times, I drop directly down to level 1. If that happens, I simply quit and leave :p I don't feel like it's my fault that I lost (but maybe it was xD).

When I first tried Voltorb Coin Flip, I hated it, but ever since I found the GameFAQs guide, I've been hooked. It's a math game, and although there isn't any way to lose coins, I find it more rewarding than the old slot machines since if I lose, it's on me and not a random variable in the game's code.

I think they should keep VCF and add a Vegas style Solitaire game, and maybe Texas Hold'em in the non-European versions. If they really want to stretch it, they could toss in a small, Pokefied version of Super Mario Bros. similar to the visualization from the DSi's MP4 media player.

That's true. I'm satisfied with the amount of luck, it's just the punishment I really think is a little unfair. Most of the time, it's okay, but some times, I drop directly down to level 1. If that happens, I simply quit and leave :p I don't feel like it's my fault that I lost (but maybe it was xD).

The punishment isn't random either: you drop to the level corresponding to how many number tiles you've flipped over so far. If you're on level 6 and flip over 3 safe tiles before hitting a Voltorb, you'll go down to Level 3. Usually it's pretty easy to find the first few tiles, and when it isn't, you just have to accept that you were unlucky.

The punishment isn't random either: you drop to the level corresponding to how many number tiles you've flipped over so far. If you're on level 6 and flip over 3 safe tiles before hitting a Voltorb, you'll go down to Level 3. Usually it's pretty easy to find the first few tiles, and when it isn't, you just have to accept that you were unlucky.

Yes, I was only speaking about the few times where I actually were unlucky :) But I like Voltorb Flip A LOT more than the old "Up Up Up A A A" (if I remember the slots correctly). It's a lot more rewarding and addictive, so I won't be unsatisfied if they keep VTF in. Maybe in a more arcade-like, or "slot-like" room, as someone pointed out :spin:

About Voltorb Flip I decided to give it a second or third chance after reading a guide on it. And I realize now my only problem with it is the mistakes I usually make. Although I have to admit I still suck since my highest level is 6 (of course I "gave up" and quit without actually really trying since I got bored of it).

But still while Voltorb Flip would be fine (I guess) I'd still like there to be an alternative way to get coins, maybe one alternative where you get coins based on the score (like 100 points per coin or something like that) because I'd probably be better at a score based minigame (like some of what Pokethelon is) rather than a strategy based minigame game which is what Voltorb is since, if you're really smart/or don't make as many mistakes you could get lots of coins easily (I had like 2 originally (yeah I sucked horribly) but I earned like over 600 after reading a guide on the Voltorb Flip). Which is definitely more than I ever got at slots (well as far as I can remember, I remember getting a lot of coins one time (because of the Geodude? thing that made the last slot actually change and I sometimes got all 7's), but I don't remember if it ever reached beyond 600 (and this was slots that were decent (maybe ruby/sapphire/emerald), I know I didn't get a lot with Platinum's slots.

As for alternatives as I mentioned earlier, I guess something like space invaders or a game like it would be more fun than Voltorb flip. I wouldn't mind a Pokemon based Sudoku (well as long as one of the options have it be numbers instead of Pokemon, because it good get confusing) I sometimes see Voltorb Flip as being similar to Sudoku, only a lot more difficult (to guess properly) and more vague. Granted something like Sudoku could be too easy (depending on who you are) and there might even be some Automatic Sudoku solver on the internet but I wouldn't mind it too much.

Pokemon Solitaire and have there be back of card styles equal to the number of types. (well I'm actually better at Spider Solitaire which is one of the game options of Windows XP (in case you were wondering what game that is). So I wouldn't mind something like that.

8 is max.

I'd like to see Mahjong Solitaire - the payout is determined by the amount of matches you can find.

Or more simpler...to be able to buy coins.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom