• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

.: Barry x Dawn :.

If Barry and Dawn suddenly turned into pokemon, what pokemon would they be? What would it be like?

Uhm... Barry would be an Infernape, and Dawn would be an Ambipom. Cuz, well, I support Infernape x Ambipom. And, personally, I think they fit quite well. :3

Also, I wanted to share some fanart I drew a while back... Please excuse the suckiness.

15334_1091853395604_1804601351_1883.jpg

Uh... sorry but this pic looks extremely familiar. Did you copy a soulsilvershipping pic?

Yes Ambipom & Infernape (l). Ambipom's tails remind me a heart <3

I think of this as moreso a in game shipping but the fanart is really cute!!! (as for anime I prefer hearttagshipping)

I always thought if Dawn stands next to Barry at the Cafe in Platinum it looks like they're holding hands almost :)

^It's HeatTagShipping not HeartTag... :-|

Anyway, I love love love love TwinleafShipping in both the anime and the games!

What article of clothing represents TwinleafShipping?

IMO, it's obviously scarves. Well, since they both have one. lol

Has anyone seen DP 184? I just saw it in Japanese, but couldn't understand a word they were saying :p
But Barry and Dawn interracted a good bit, so hopefully we'll get some new hints out of it :)

Lol I can picture this happening with the in-game Dawn after getting back from Hoenn

Dawn: Ahhh it feels good to be back home. The pokemon, the sunlight it brings back memories. There's just one thing missing...but I cant remember can you Infernape?

Infernape: No

THUD!

Dawn: Owww my head...

Infernape: Ah the good ol' days *laughs*

Barry: Oh Dawn! *gets up* I'm real sorry I wasn't paying attention I was just really really happy to see you again!

Dawn: Owww *holds head in pain* yep thats what I know you for Barry

Barry: Need a hand *offers hand*

Dawn: Yeah *grabs hand but Barry pulls her into a hug* ...

Barry: Makes up for the constant crashing doesn't it?

Dawn: Yeah *blushes*

Last edited:
Just watched "Fighting Ire With Fire" and I loved it when Barry was telling Dawn how he was excited for her to compete in the Grand Festival :)

And that fanart is really cute! :D

No! Live thread, live!

Hey, noob here. I have to say, I almost solely joined the forums because I needed to squeal about Twinleafshipping with someone. I just replayed my Platinum version, and it completely rekindled my love for this pairing~ Their friendship is too cute, and I think it's sweet that Barry is so spastic in front of everyone, but he'll show a gentler, maturing side around Dawn (or whatever you named the Player XD).

Has anyone seen DP 184? I just saw it in Japanese, but couldn't understand a word they were saying :p
But Barry and Dawn interracted a good bit, so hopefully we'll get some new hints out of it :)

I saw the episode subbed into French; so here's a translation:

Dawn: -creeped out by Conway- Too close…! -backs into and knocks Barry to the ground-
Barry: What, what, what on Earth is that?!
Ash: Barry?!
Barry: I want compensation for having my valued body run into before a battle!
Dawn: It’s you that ran into me!
Brock: -pacifying- Now, now…
Ash: Barry, where are you in such a hurry to go?
Barry: To where Paul is.
Ash: Huh? Paul?
Barry: Among all the participants of this tournament, we are the strongest, under whatever angle you look. And now, the two favorites will finally face each other! It’s something like the Big Bang!
Dawn: So?
Barry: Like I said, I want to talk to Paul!
Ash: What’s that?
Conway: I don’t see the interest.
Barry: -enraged- What?!
Dawn: Barry, you have to let it go.
Barry: -confused, slightly mollified- Why?
Dawn: When you go to see Paul, he’ll probably say… -Paul impression- “Who are you?”
Jun: No, no! I’m sure Paul remembers me!
Dawn: Even if that’s the case, he’ll just say… -Paul impression- “Someone like you is not a challenge for me.”
Barry: No, no, no! Someone also competent, like Paul, has to know to what degree I am strong! Anyway, I’m going there! -dashes off-
Dawn: Barry!

-The gang finds Paul looking at Barry’s data-
Barry: -fanboys for a bit, I don’t feel like translating XD- You’re studying it to prepare a counter-attack, isn’t that right?
Paul: That goes without saying.
Barry: Barry is impressed! However, Paul! You can look at my data all you want, it’s useless!
Paul: -slight surprise- …
Dawn: -smiling- Why’s that?
Barry: I evolve each day, no, each hour, no, no, no, each second! The past data says nothing!
Brock, Ash, Dawn: -sweat drops-

Last edited:
Too bad he's not so hyper after the Galactic incident in the game thats why he's one of my fav rivals

Haha, constant evolution! Though to be honest, the first thing that came to my mind after I translated it was his whole: 'When you get stronger, I get stronger. There's no end to pokemon, is what I'm saying!' thing in the games.

Barry's so hyper and adorable, he's probably my favorite :>

Too bad he's not so hyper after the Galactic incident in the game thats why he's one of my fav rivals

I always wondered how violently he would have to be beaten to not be as much of a spazzoid. He's really my favorite rival because he was so annoying, and continually fined you.

Lol a funny quote would be towards the girl character would be "Hey you didnt make it fast enough! I'm fining you one kiss!"

^ lol, d'aww~ I dunno what it is, but Barry just makes really adorable situations. After that little scene in Eterna City in Platinum, I was completely thinking something like...

THUD!!
Barry: What the... oh, it's you, Dawn!
Huh, me? Nah, it's nothing. But, hey! When we smacked together, a brilliant flash of inspiration came to me! Yeah, I mean, I don't know how I didn't see it before! All right, ready? (leans in) Listen close... (kiss <3)

Also, I dunno if you guys have been checking pixiv for it lately, but I'd figure I'd post a few Twinleaf pics :>

Last edited:
idk how I haven't posted in here. :C
I love twinleafshipping. <333

and those fanarts are adorable, Lull. :D

I decided to bring some fanart myself too.

Well here's what I thought of in Pastoria when he crashes into ya before the gym battle in platinum (in game Dawn btw)

Dawn: Alright we're here Monferno and ready for the gym battle but i'm sorry i cant let you in because you'll get drenched by water attacks

Monferno: Okay *goes inside poke ball*

Dawn: Alrighty then *goes to open the door* wait a minute *hears running* I know those footsteps

Barry: ! Hey Dawn!

Dawn: *turns around* oh

Barry *runs towards Dawn*

Dawn; *holds arms in front of herself*

Barry: *skids and stops* See? I wont ram into you like a Tauros every time we meet *smiles*

Dawn; ...

Barry: Whats wrong arent you happy to see me?

Dawn: ...*turns away*

Barry; Whats wrong? *thinks* Oh! you wanted me to crash into you didnt you?

Dawn: *blushes* ... *nods head yes*

Barry: Well instead of being like a Tauros i should just be like that Monferno you have

Dawn: *turns back around* What you mean act like a money? Breathe fire?

Barry: No but the second thing does sound awesome! *pulls Dawn into a hug* you two usually hug after you beat me and Prinplup

Dawn: ...This feels nice

Wake: *bangs door open* Whats all the racket out here!?

Barry: *waves hands as if saying dont ruin this*

Wake: *gives barry a thumbs up before going back inside*

I saw the episode subbed into French; so here's a translation:

Dawn: -creeped out by Conway- Too close…! -backs into and knocks Barry to the ground-
Barry: What, what, what on Earth is that?!
Ash: Barry?!
Barry: I want compensation for having my valued body run into before a battle!
Dawn: It’s you that ran into me!
Brock: -pacifying- Now, now…
Ash: Barry, where are you in such a hurry to go?
Barry: To where Paul is.
Ash: Huh? Paul?
Barry: Among all the participants of this tournament, we are the strongest, under whatever angle you look. And now, the two favorites will finally face each other! It’s something like the Big Bang!
Dawn: So?
Barry: Like I said, I want to talk to Paul!
Ash: What’s that?
Conway: I don’t see the interest.
Barry: -enraged- What?!
Dawn: Barry, you have to let it go.
Barry: -confused, slightly mollified- Why?
Dawn: When you go to see Paul, he’ll probably say… -Paul impression- “Who are you?”
Jun: No, no! I’m sure Paul remembers me!
Dawn: Even if that’s the case, he’ll just say… -Paul impression- “Someone like you is not a challenge for me.”
Barry: No, no, no! Someone also competent, like Paul, has to know to what degree I am strong! Anyway, I’m going there! -dashes off-
Dawn: Barry!

-The gang finds Paul looking at Barry’s data-
Barry: -fanboys for a bit, I don’t feel like translating XD- You’re studying it to prepare a counter-attack, isn’t that right?
Paul: That goes without saying.
Barry: Barry is impressed! However, Paul! You can look at my data all you want, it’s useless!
Paul: -slight surprise- …
Dawn: -smiling- Why’s that?
Barry: I evolve each day, no, each hour, no, no, no, each second! The past data says nothing!
Brock, Ash, Dawn: -sweat drops-

Thanks SO much for the translation! :)

Barry's so hyper and adorable, he's probably my favorite :>

He's my favorite too! I love his personality, in the games and the show.
When I first found out that he was going to be in the show, I was so happy!

Is anyone here a fan of LakeAcuityShipping (Jun/Mitsumi) from the Diamond and Pearl Adventure! manga (not PokeSpe)? It's basically another form of TwinleafShipping, Jun's pretty much the exact same as Barry except he's a womanizer and Mitsumi is based off Dawn although she has a some-what different personality (like Platina has a different one from Dawn too) and a different hairstyle. Jun is madly obsessed with her, just from the thought that Twinleaf was some-what canon, I bought the whole manga series! XDDD

I also drew this fanart of TwinleafShipping if anyone was intersted in taking a look:
http://hedgey.deviantart.com/art/A-Whole-New-World-We-Live-In-173003661?q=&qo=

That sounds really cool! Can you get us a link to the manga? I wanna know more about it ;p
And the fanart is reaaally cute :)

Twiwleafshipping is great. I'm glad someone thought of making it. The two just seem so right for each other. Here's why:

Same town
Same pokemon
Scarfs around their necks
Both are cute. I shouldn't have to go on.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom