• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the Bugs Gen.V: Volcarona-Galvantula-Scolipede-Leavanny-Escavalier-Accelgor

Re: Battle of the Bugs Gen.V: Volcarona-Galvantula-Scolipede-Leavanny-Escavalier-Acce

Volcarona is an awesome power-house with its great stats and attacks; I reckon Game Freak deliberately made it amazing to prove both of its overlooked types can be dangerous threats. I prefer Escavalier and Accelgor, though. I like their unusual evolution method. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Escavalier. Hard hitting, bulky and extremely slow. Perfect for Trick Room teams!

Re: Battle of the Bugs Gen.V: Volcarona-Galvantula-Scolipede-Leavanny-Escavalier-Acce

I like Scolipede. I used it in my recent play through and it rocks. Plus its faster then a lot of the npc's pokemon throughout the region. Having the best bug move in megahorn plus a respectable attack does not hurt either.

Volcarona is definitely a hero of this generation only overshadowed by a few others.

Design: Genesect (lovechild of Soundwave and Shockwave)
Battle: Genesect (near-perfect coverage)
Awesomeness: Genesect (Nickname Dennis)
Overall: Genesect

Design: Genesect (lovechild of Soundwave and Shockwave)
Battle: Genesect (near-perfect coverage)
Awesomeness: Genesect (Nickname Dennis)
Overall: Genesect

Volcarona PWNS Genusect... one STAB Fire moves and Genesect is 4x's weak to Fire... plus Volca is faster (by 1 point lol.) so he will hit Genesect first... plus Genesect does't learn any rock moves...

I gotta go with Leavanny, because it's the first and only bug Pokemon I've trained past level 17. If I trained my Larvesta, I might change my mind, but I'm busy training Nidoking currently. But Leavanny's design is wonderful, the whole reason I started training Sewaddle.

Volcarona PWNS Genusect... one STAB Fire moves and Genesect is 4x's weak to Fire... plus Volca is faster (by 1 point lol.) so he will hit Genesect first... plus Genesect does't learn any rock moves...

..... I got nothing, seeing as turning his sig move into a water type would waste the use of a choice scarf.

I have to pick Volcarona here, it`s one of the most brilliant Pokemon ever invented. It defies what a Bug type Pokemon is supposed to be, with its jaw-dropping stats, high level for evolution and higher levels to get its best moves, intimidating appearance, and one of the coolest dual typings ever. I like Galvantula too, but Volcarona is just too awesome not to vote for.

I like most and picked and voted for Agirudaa. (I was a fan of Accelgor while only the Japanese names were known.) He's up there among my favorite bug types (besides/behind Venomoth, somewhere near Beautifly), and he has a ridiculous [and inventive] design.

Battlewise, he can perform an incredible number of tasks due to various moves he was given (my list is probably more comprehensive than yours)--I'll number these among my many secrets though.

Volcarona really is surprising this generation, 4x weakness to stealth rocks but it still manages to be threatening. Therefore my vote goes to the fire moth.

Volcarona for the sheer power and epic status. Should be classed a pseudo legend!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom