• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Battle Fanfic Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
If you're not familiar with the 12 Days of Bulbagarden contest, please read this article before continuing.

In the Best Battle Fanfic Contest, writers should create a 3-vs.-3 Pokémon battle with one of the trainers being the author battling with his or her three favorite Pokémon. The opponent and his or her Pokémon can be anyone of the author's choosing, and the author may write from either first- or third-person perspective. Again, the judges will choose three winners based on the creativity expressed in the battles they describe.

Fanfic entries should be between 1,000-2,000 words and be posted in their entirety in this thread.

Fanfics must be created exclusively for these contests, and anyone caught plagiarizing will be disqualified and banned from the forums for two weeks.

The last day to enter is Dec. 23. Judges will pick the winners on Dec. 25. We'll announce the prizes sometime soon.

Question, Please Reply Soon!

Argy said:
The opponent and his or her Pokémon can be anyone of the author's choosing . . .

Does that mean we can make up an opponent? Or do we have to use a canon character? Or is either fine?

Yes, you can make up the opponent. It can be your bratty brother or your teacher or Harley or Maxie or Cynthia or Hazel or anyone.

The battle doesn't have to have any theme.

And as a side note, if you suspect someone of plagiarism, REPORT IT. Provide examples of what you think they took from (it doesn't have to be your own work) or we'll have no way of knowing. If you don't report it, you can't blame the judges if we don't pick up on it--we can't read everything.

One Step Closer

All right, I've finished my battle fic and read over to check for any and all imperfections. Since it said to post it on 'this thread', I'm going to assume I'm posting it in the right place. I think I did a fair job in terms of creativity, description, grammar, punctuation, and type-effectiveness. This fanfic was to the best of my abilities in terms of such things.

I tried to develop character while writing this fanfiction, but it's pretty hard to do so when limited to 2,000 words. The rival is an actual rival in my actual fanfic, as well as the Pokémon being actual Pokémon in my fanfic belonging to the hero. I hope you enjoy! And I look forward to seeing the winner, and learning something from them as well.

Also, am I allowed to participate in the fanfic contest as well?

--

Title: One Step Closer

Word Count: 2,000 words, exactly.

Battle: Hero - Nareta. Rival - Zakura (always mistaken as Sakura by Nareta). 3 vs. 3, as desired.

Pokémon: Nareta - (Battled with) Chatot, Hypno, Gible (Mentioned) Raichu, Drifblim, Mime Jr. Zakura - (Battled with) Azumarill, Delibird, Venusaur.

Brief Summary: Will Nareta be able to beat her newest rival, Zakura? If Nareta loses, what will she do? How would she win? Read and find out what happens!

One Step Closer

I stared down my rival who had just challenged me to a battle. She had something against me. Something, but I didn't know what it was. Perhaps it was the way I always forgot her name, getting it mixed up with something similar. Maybe it was the fact that I had beaten her in my last battle, a contest battle. Both of us enjoyed being trainers, but we loved being coordinators as well. Seeing her in contests, I could get a feel of her battle style; however, do we all judge battle styles on looks? No, we see them first hand.

I readily grabbed one of the Poké Balls in the pocket of my black jeans. My skin-tight, green undershirt was covered in sweat under the arms. Luckily, my very light blue jacket was able to cover any stains I may not want my rival to see. However, the sweat on my brow underneath my light brown, almost chestnut, hair was clearly visible.

"If you're ready, Sakura, I'm ready," I said to her, just loud enough for her to hear so I didn't strain my voice.
"It's Zakura!" She yelled angrily, grabbing a Poké Ball from her golden belt against blue capri pants. I decided to throw out my Pokémon first to taunt her. It was as if I were saying that it didn't matter what Pokémon she used against me. I knew I'd win no matter what. The first Pokémon thrown out was Chatot, my trusty bird Pokémon.

"I'll use Azumarill!" Zakura tossed out her Poké Ball; her rabbit-like Pokémon jumped out. The battle was about to begin. No referee in sight for miles. We began calling out our attacks.

"Azumarill, use Ice Beam!" I knew Zakura would do that, since ice was four times as powerful as it should be.
"Chatot, use Aerial Ace!" I commanded. Chatot flew right toward the Ice Beam. She used her beak during her flight to slam into the Ice Beam and knock it away. I was always the type to take chances, make mistakes, and then not learn from them.

"Dodge it!" Zakura yelled, saying an overused phrase that was not in my vocabulary. Azumarill jumped into the air and awaited the next command. Brushing her dirty blonde hair out of her eyes, she gave Azumarill another command. One I was all too familiar with.

"Good job, now use Rollout!" Azumarill curled herself into a ball and began to roll at my Chatot.
"Chatot, get in there with Peck!" I said, knowing my Chatot would do just that. Chatot, trusting me every step of the way, went straight in with Peck. Unfortunately, the much heavier Pokémon was victorious, knocking down my Chatot. Ruffling her feathers, Chatot shot me a dirty look before she stood back up. Azumarill came rolling right back at Chatot.

"Chatot, use Hyper Voice!" Chatot opened her mouth and screeched loudly at Azumarill. This attack slowed Azumarill down to a degree, but didn't stop her. Again, Chatot was hit with Rollout. This move was doing massive damage to my Pokémon, and I knew I had to finish this before it was too late.

"Chatot get out of there!" I yelled, but my Chatot was too weak to move. The third Rollout hit Chatot directly, knocking her unconscious. In an instant, Azumarill stopped her attack with her back facing me. She looked over her shoulder and gave Chatot a smirk.

"You hung in there, Chatot. Thank you," I returned Chatot and got out my other Pokémon, "Hypno! Battle Phase!" My Hypno, a dictator in his own, jumped from my Poké Ball and landed directly on his feet. I used only one of my psychic Pokémon. The other option was my Mime Jr., but Hypno had more experience.

"Azumarill, use Rollout!" Zakura shouted, pointing at my Hypno.
"Hypno, use Assist!" I countered. Dodging wasn't my specialty. A good offense can serve as a great defense. Azumarill went for Hypno. Hypno stood there and flashed a white color. He put up his pendulum and a black ball flew out. Shadow Ball from my Drifblim, no doubt. The Shadow Ball collided with Azumarill, knocking her down and stopping Rollout.

"Again! Use Assist!" I demanded Hypno. He gladly complied. In a stroke of luck, my Hypno used Thunder out his pendulum. This was a move from my trusty Raichu, the only Pokémon I kept out of the Poké Ball. She was small, but she certainly had good moves on her.

Azumarill was hit with an onslaught of electricity, which immediately knocked her out cold.
"Azumarill, return," Zakura recalled her exhausted Azumarill and grabbed another Ball, not missing a beat, "go, Delibird!" Delibird and Hypno didn't get along from their last meeting. Hypno didn't like Delibird for one of Delibird's moves.

"Hypno, Hypnosis!" I yelled.
"Delibird, use Present!" Zakura commanded Delibird, not giving my Hypno an inch. Delibird threw the red ball at Hypno and it exploded on impact. Unfortunately, it was a damage-dealing Present this time, and heavy damage-dealing one at that. Hypno seemed extremely hurt after the smoke cleared, but looked more determined.

"Delibird, use Avalanche!" Delibird flew right over top of Hypno and opened his tail sack. This was the move. The move Hypno hated the most.

"Hypno, use Assist!" Hypno used Assist at the oncoming wall of snow. It turned into Shadow Claw, but it wasn't enough to push the snow away. Hypno was hit with Avalanche.

"Hypno!" I called, rushing over. I threw the snow off of him with my bare hands. The cold snow stung my frozen fingers, hitting every little nerve in my hands that it could, before I was able to get down to my Hypno. Hypno had enough and was too exhausted. He gave me a sad look as he shivered in cold.

"I'm sorry, Hypno," I returned him. My last Pokémon was already up and I could fight Delibird with either my Raichu or a different Pokémon. The other Pokémon was weak to ice attacks, but I knew what Pokémon Zakura would use after Delibird.

"All right, Gible, you're up! Battle Phase!" I tossed out Gible's Poké Ball. Gible jumped out of the Poké Ball and landed on his feet, throwing his arms into the air.

"Delibird, use Ice Beam!" Delibird opened his mouth and sent out a fierce Ice Beam.
"Gible use DragonBreath!" Gible came right back at Delibird with an equally intense DragonBreath attack. Both attacks collided, creating a massive explosion. I had to hold my arm over my face to avoid debris getting into my eye. Once the smoke cleared, both Pokémon were okay.

"Gible, use Shadow Claw!" Gible jumped into the air and tried to use Shadow Claw.
"Delibird, Ice Beam!" Delibird opened his beak and used Ice Beam before Gible had the chance to attack. Gible was hit with Ice Beam and was even flung back down to the ground by the force. Luckily, Gible was able to stand back up. Gible fell to his knee in pain.

"Gible, use Draco Meteor!" Gible opened his mouth and shot out yellow balls of light, hitting Delibird straight on as Delibird was left wide open after Ice Beam was used. Delibird was hit multiple times from the different meteors and fell straight to the ground. Instantly, Delibird was rendered unconscious.

"Delibird, return," I knew which Pokémon was coming up next, "all right, Venusaur, show them what you got!" She threw out her Venusaur, her starter.

"Gible, you know what to do. Use Fire Blast!" Gible opened his mouth wide and shot a Fire Blast at Venusaur.
"Venusaur, use Vine Whip!" Venusaur was able to use his vines as a shield. Once the attack stopped, Venusaur slammed his vines into Gible's chest. Gible was flung backwards, but was able to flip himself over and land on his feet.

"Venusaur, use Leech Seed!" Venusaur shot a seed from the flower on his back.
"Gible, use Shadow Claw!" Gible's paw glowed black as he slammed his paw into the seed, breaking it and rendering it ineffective. Zakura growled at me, knowing she had to watch out for Gible's Fire Blast. However, her angry quickly turned to laughter once she noticed that Gible was nearing his breaking point. The Ice Beam from earlier caused way too much damage to Gible.

"Venusaur, let's give this little punk what's coming to it. Razor Leaf!" Venusaur thrust his leaves forward, creating a Razor Leaf attack. Many sharp leaves flew at Gible, but I thought I had it covered.

"Gible, use Fire Blast!" Gible opened his mouth wide and blew out. However, only a little bit of smoke came out of his mouth. Gible's eyes widened as the leaves collided with him. "Gible, quickly! Use Dig!" Gible was able to avoid the rest of the leaves by digging underground. Gible's Fire Blast was still a work-in-progress because Gible wasn't fully in control of his Fire Blast just yet.

He quickly came up from underground, trying to knock Venusaur back. However, Venusaur jumped backwards, causing Gible to miss. I was starting to get nervous. My palms were sweaty and my heart was pounding in my chest, just like always. The rush of battling Pokémon was too great for some people, but I felt as if it were the rush of a lifetime. Even if I lost, I won in a way.

"Venusaur, use Vine Whip to grab Gible!" Venusaur did so, wrapping Gible in his vines.
"Gible, break free! Use Fire Blast!" Gible thrashed about and opened his mouth, trying to use Fire Blast. However, only a puff of smoke broke free from his throat. The vines around Gible tightened considerably, squeezing the energy right out of him. He panted, exhausted from the battle.

"Venusaur, let's finish it with a SolarBeam!" Zakura smirked. Venusaur started to take in sunlight from the open field.

"Gible!" I called. Gible's tightly closed eyes shot open. He shouted out his name and started to glow a bright white color. I gasped, knowing that today was the day. Today was the day that Gible did what he's dreamed of doing for as long as I've had him on my team. My Pokémon was, for the sake of his trainer, evolving. The vines around him grew tighter, but were soon torn away from him as his form began to take shape. Those large fins on his arms were responsible for getting him out of the vines and they were responsible for allowing him time to hang in the air. Finally, the form was complete. Gible had evolved into Gabite right before my eyes.

"What!?" Zakura seemed just as surprised as, perhaps even more so, me.
"Gabite! Use your Fire Blast!" I demanded, hoping that Fire Blast was able to work now. Gabite confidently opened his mouth and shot out a powerful Fire Blast. Venusaur took massive damage, but was still able to keep fighting.

"Venusaur, use Frenzy Plant!" Venusaur's body glowed green as he stomped on the ground. Spiked vines flew from the earth and at Gabite.

"Gabite, use Dig!" Gabite, unafraid of the vines, dug underground and came up right under Venusaur, knocking him off his feet. Venusaur was stuck on his back, flailing his legs as he tried to get to his feet.

"Gabite, finish this! Fire Blast!" As I said that, Gabite knew what I wanted, already getting his Fire Blast ready. He took in a deep breath of air and shot a Fire Blast at Venusaur's stomach. Venusaur shouted out in pain before an explosion ensued. The explosion sent Venusaur backwards ten feet, knocking him back onto his stomach. He was finally out cold.

Happily, I ran over to Gabite, embracing him in my arms.
"You did it, Gabite, you evolved!" I congratulated him. I could see the happiness in his eyes as his dream of evolving came true after all our training. He knew it was only a matter of time before the form of Garchomp became his. He was one step closer.

Here's my contribution. Hope you enjoy.

Title: How did this happen?
Word Count: 1 997

It’s strange, I suppose. I’ve been around Pokemon for as long as I can remember. My interest in them waxes and wanes as often as the phases of the moon, but that’s mainly because of the stresses in my life. You see, I’m reaching the age where many roaming trainers begin to settle down, giving up on their dreams of being the best to start a family, or get a productive job, or both.

I really don’t know what to do with myself. The desire to travel hasn’t left me entirely, but I’m no great battler. I know that I don’t have a chance of becoming a League Champion, or a Top Coordinator; I just don’t have that sense of battle. But if I don’t travel, what else can I do? I can’t settle down and start a family. Sure there are one or two girls who seem quite keen on me, but I’m just not interested in a relationship right now. Sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever find that interest.

With all this doubt in my future, is it any wonder I feel stressed? Is it any wonder I feel lost? I’ve been thinking so hard about what to do with my life recently that I can barely remember what happens from one day to the next. So that leads me to ask: how the hell did I end up registered in this tournament?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The walk into the trainer’s box from the sidelines of the pitch seems to take an agonizingly long time to me, though I’m sure it can’t have taken me more than 10 seconds to get there after my name was called. I still don’t know how I ended up being entered in this stupid thing; I was all set to help my Dad out with a little gardening when my neighbour, Kelly, started ringing our doorbell, shouting that if I didn’t hurry I would be disqualified. When I opened the door to ask what I’d be disqualified from, she grabbed my arm and dragged me to this tournament. I really wish that she’d at least have let me change first; I can see the people in the stands pointing at me, and I can hear them laughing at my ensemble of muddy boots, torn jeans, and a patched shirt. She barely gave me enough time to grab my Poke Balls from the counter; I don’t even know who I’ve brought with me. I just hope that they aren’t empty.

“Hey mate!” I hear a loud voice calling; it’s coming from the other end of the dirt battlefield, and I realize it’s coming from the guy who’s scheduled to be my opponent. “That’s a real nice get-up you got on there; you planning on digging a grave for your Pokemon once I’m through with them?” It’s then that I realize I have a trowel shoved through my belt.

“I forgot that I entered,” I confess to him. “My neighbour dragged me here when I didn’t show up.” He snickers in response.

“Your poor neighbour; I hope she wiped the mud off her dress once she let go of you.” I start feeling a cold pit of anger in my stomach. This kid has to be at least three years younger than me, if not more, and I doubt he even knows who Kelly is. If he did, he’d know she never wears dresses. But who is he to insult her? Kelly’s one of those girls who really like me, and she’s still my best friend, even if I don’t reciprocate her feelings.

“Alright, that’s enough,” the referee calls from the sidelines. “This is the first match of the fourteenth annual Stig Valley exhibition Spring Tournament. Every match is a three-on-three battle; best two-out-of-three moves on to the next round.” He holds out two flags and then quickly raises them above his head with a shout of “begin!”

“I choose you, Sunflora!” my opponent shouts, and a beautiful flower-like Pokemon appears. I can tell straight away that it’s been very well raised, and is in the prime of its battling abilities. I start to feel very nervous; I didn’t have much of a chance from the beginning, and I’ve got to go against this? I don’t even know what Pokemon I have on me! Cripes. I just reach, grab a Poke Ball at random, and hope for the best as I send it out.

Oh, it’s Flareon. Well I guess that’s good; it’s a fire-type against a grass-type after all. I can’t help but worry though; my Flareon hasn’t had all that much battle experience, and that Sunflora looks tough.

“I’ve never seen a weaker looking Flareon,” my opponent observes. “Geez, I thought this would be a challenge. Alright Sunflora, wrap it up in one hit: Sunny Day followed by SolarBeam.”

Fantastic. So he’s going to use Sunny Day to make his SolarBeams form more quickly. Brilliant, just brilliant. It’s a powerful move at the best of times, and the fact that it’s a grass-type move doesn’t really matter all that much if more than one manage to connect. I guess dodging might be easier than trying to counter it.

“Flareon!” I shout, “use Dig and go underground!” I start to squint as the sunlight gets blinding, and I can feel the heat of it too. My Flareon gives a little yip as she dives under the ground; just in time too, since the first SolarBeam blasts past where she was just standing. I’m really starting to hate this Sunny Day now though; the light is so bright that I didn’t even see that SolarBeam until the last moment; it would have hit me if my reflexes weren’t as good.

Squinting and wishing I’d brought sunglasses, I suddenly hear a cry of pain from the other end of the field. I can’t even see what’s happening, so I can only guess that Flareon surfaced and hit Sunflora with all her might.

“Okay Flareon!” I shout, “stay in close and use Fire Fang!” There’s a glimmering of flame that I’m barely able to make out in the blinding brilliance, and then a definite cry of pain from Sunflora. I’m starting to get excited; Sunflora’s been hit twice, and Flareon is still okay. Maybe I can win this first round.

“Spin around and hit it with a SolarBeam!” my opponent shouts.

“No way!” I shout, really getting into it now. “Flareon; Sunny Day may make their SolarBeam charge faster, but it makes your attacks way stronger! So use Lava Plume and blast it through your Charcoal!”

“Your Flareon has a Charcoal?” my opponent screams in disbelief. I don’t have time to answer before Flareon unleashes her devastating attack. The effects of Sunny Day are starting to fade, and now I can see my little Flareon in all her glory; I’ve never seen her so determined. Her cream chest fur parts, revealing the small black stone pendant I bought for her. She closes her eyes in concentration, and her expression is so serene that the Sunflora doesn’t launch its attack. Silly; my Flareon begins to glow a deep red and a blast of pressurized energy roars from the Charcoal.

Even I’m in awe; I’ve never seen it used like this before. The Lava Plume is all kinds of crimson shades, and I’ve never seen it interlock like that. My opponent really doesn’t have all that much choice; he recalls his beaten Sunflora, and I happily hug my Flareon before returning her too. That was the best battle I’ve ever seen her do, and she looks more than pleased with the result. Since I won this round, I guess it means that I have to choose next. It’s only fair, right?

“I don’t know who you are,” I whisper. “Just please; do your best for me.” I throw the Poke Ball and am happy to see that it’s my Pidgeot. This should be a good match.

At least I thought it would be, before my opponent chose a Rhyperior for his second Pokemon anyways. Goddammit, how experienced is this guy? I don’t even want to know how long it took him to raise a Pokemon as powerful as that; I’m way out of my league with this guy. Maybe my first win was just a fluke? No, I earned that win. Or Flareon did at least; I couldn’t see most of it. Oh well; I’m determined to give it my all, even if it is in vain.

“Pidgeot, use Quick Attack!” I shout, and my Pokemon speeds off at a blinding rate; it’s hit the Rhyperior before my opponent can even issue a counter-attack. Not that it matters; Pidgeot just bounced off.

“Rhyperior, hit it with Stone Edge!” he shouts, and Pidgeot and I both cringe as we wait for the attack. It doesn’t come. The Rhyperior just stands there, scratching at its belly with an irritated look. I start to smile; his Pokemon won’t obey him. Maybe I have a chance after all.

“Okay Pidgeot, try a Steel Wing!” I shout, and the attack hits almost instantly. This time it definitely did something; it even knocked the Rhyperior a few steps backwards. It looks seriously pissed now though.

“Rhyperior, knock it down with Hammer Arm!” my opponent shouts, but I watch in horror as the Rhyperior chooses to grab Pidgeot by the wings instead. It jumps into the air, tucks Pidgeot against its belly, and hits the ground with a jarring impact that knocks me off my feet and even splits the earth. There’s no way Pidgeot can keep going after that; as the Rhyperior rolls off my flattened bird, I recall it with a whispered word of thanks.

Now we’re at one victory apiece, and it’s time to see who wins. At least my opponent isn’t taunting me anymore; it’s obvious to everyone his Rhyperior isn’t trained, and that’s more than enough ammunition should he choose to start up the unpleasantries again.

We both send our Pokemon out at the same time, and as far as I can tell it’s a close matchup: my Espeon against his Marowak. “This should be good,” I mutter.

“It’ll be fast,” he shouts, somehow overhearing. “Marowak, use your Bone Club on the ground!” I don’t know what he has planned, but it can’t be good. Sure enough, it isn’t. The ground begins to shake under the force of the blows, and the cracks caused by the Rhyperior’s impact are lengthening and growing wider.

“Espeon, run away!” I shout; just in time too. One of the cracks shoots between Espeon’s feet and rips apart the ground; she only just manages to leap to the side. “Fight from a distance; use Psychic!” I shout.

“Bonemerang!” my opponent shouts, and the flying club hits Espeon before she can take control of Marowak’s body. I can barely restrain a cry as she flies backwards before being hit a second time by the Bonemerang’s return path to Marowak.

“No,” I gasp as she collapses. “No, Espeon! Get up and use Psychic, please!”

“Bonemerang again!” The club flies and Espeon struggles to her feet; I close my eyes, ready for the impact that doesn’t come. Confused, I open my eyes and realize that Espeon has used Psychic to catch the club in mid-air, and is currently using it to beat the hell out of the Marowak. The Marowak may have been fast, but it wasn’t strong; it takes only a few hits before catching the club, but then collapses with a groan.

I would be ecstatic about it if it wasn’t for the fact that Marowak had caught the club because Espeon had fallen to the ground first, unable to keep going. With a sigh I recall my Espeon and press her Poke Ball to my lips in thanks.

I may have lost, but that’s okay. It was the most fun I’d had in a long time.

I only hope that Kelly isn’t too upset.

An Unexpected Tragedy befalls a headstrong trainer

It was a bright summers day and the sun was blazing overhead, on the battlefield dust was slowly decending onto the ground as the remnants of a hyperbeam collided with a statue. Crimson a red headed , beautiful girl, was edging her Tentacruel on , " Use Water Pulse", crimson shouted and a ring of water shot from the gigantic water pokemon and blasted the dragonite away, the Unfortunate dragonite, despite its rumored strength and its defense against water type attacks, struggled to get on its feet, after three seconds of bated breath the dragonite collaped to the ground, There was a roar of joy from crimson as she ran to congratulate her tentacruel. The loser trainer stepped up to crimson and shook her hand and congratulated her on her amazing battle skills. "Thanks Lapis", jeered crimson, Lapis a strong minded, blonde haired youth smiled and walked off down the path. " Another Victory", " Thats the Fifth the day" cried crimson, "We are on a roll"

It was miday and crimson was heading towards the pokemon center to heal her pokemon, suddenly a mysterious trainer exited the center and knocked crimson to the floor, the mysterious trainer gave a mocking "humph" and went on his way. Crimson, her face turning red and violently clashing with her hair , shouted to the stranger, he turned around and stood waiting, Crimson being a headstrong youth demanded that they battle. The stranger sniggered and shouted back " Okay ! meet me in the the "shady grove" at five" and after that he stalked away into the shadow of the trees that leered down on the small town of "Bridgedale". Crimson stil seething from being knocked down entered teh pokemon center and with force dwmanded to see Nurse Joy. The Nurse was taken aback at her tone and reluctantly took her pokemon to be healed.

Crimson began to think about her challenge at five and she began to think up strategies. "Hmmmmmmphh should I use my Tentacruel in this match again" , "I Dont want to look foolish with using tired pokemon", stricken with a thought crimson moved towards the T.V phone to call Professor Brookdale the local authority on pokemon strategy and the international celebrity who came up with the thoery of pokemon evolution concerning degrees of happiness at certain periods of time in the day. It took a couple of seconds for the Professor to answer, he answered in a cheery tone, " Ahhh Crimson its so good to see you, What can I do for you?", " I need to see all my pokemon up on teh screen Professor" replied crimson and on the screen there appeared a list of all of Crimsons pokemon, there was around fifty pokemon on the list and a frown came upon Crimson's head, " This isn't going to be easy" , she thought to herself.

"What would be the best strategy" thought Crimson, "Should I use the types of the three starters; Fire,Water and Grass. She then thought what pokemon have the least type advantages, Instantly Magneton came to her mind and she kept that thought in her mind. She found this task very daunting and after half an hour of looking through all her pokemon she decided to pick: Magneton, Blastoise, Aerodactyl, Meganium, Arcanine and Alakazam. she asked the professor to hold on for a minute as she went to collect her now healed pokemon, she came back to the Professor and she asked to swap the pokemon she had for the ones she wanted, As Tentacruel, Raichu, Lickitung, Bastiodon, Crobat and Grumpig were sent over Crimsons chosen pokemon were sent over to her.

After an hour of thinking up strategies , Crimson suddenly looked up in horror at the clock but it was only Half four, she thought "I better make my way to the "shady groves" then and check out the playing field", "Some strategy might materialize in my head then". After about fifteen minutes of mindless wandering crimson found herself walking out to a big patch of earth that had rocks protruding like daggers from the ground. For some reason a flash of doubt came over her as she stood waiting for her mysterious opponent. the wind started to pick up as the mysterious trainer appeared on the battlefield. The trainer introduced himself as "Lord Henry Wotton the greatest pokemon trainer to ever have travelled the world", Crimson thought he was a bit big headed and snorted at his introduction. Lord Henry much taller than crimson seemed to look down upon her even from the other side of the battlefield and he said in a dangerious voice, " Little girl I would watch your mouth If I were you, I have competed in every major tournement known to man and I have came first in everyone, I have made even the strongest trainers cry with my superior tactics, I even made a trainer kill themselves after I took both of his pokemon down with one watergun in front of his friends and family, " HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA", " Little girl you have no chance against me, you may aswell save yourself from embarrasment and walk away just know, I watched your little battle earlier with that incompetent fool and his pathetic dragonite"

"Anyway enough talking I would rather get this battle over with quickly", Crimson looking a little scared now shouted back " Okay then !, what are teh rules" he replied with a sneer " we use only 3 pokemon each , the first battle will be a double battle and then a one on one battle, there will be no items allowed, and that is it" he finished off his speech with a snide remark, " think you can handle that little girl", she shouted angrily back, "Hell Yes".

the mysterious trainer called out his first two pokemon , an intimidatingly powerful Metagross and a very powerful looking feraligatr. Both pokemon came out with a roar that sent shock waves around the field. Crimson snorted and sent out her Magneton and Arcanine, Magneton came out with a screech and Arcanine with a deafining roar. "Let the battle commence" shouted Lord Henry. Lord Henry gave a scream signalling his pokemon to advance on Crimsons, Crimson retalliated with a clever offensive. She told her magneton to use Thunder , this stopped feraligatrs advance but metagross kept on going like an unmoveable tank. Crimson then sent her Arcanine in with a fire blast that incinerated everything in its path, the move seemed to have very little effect on the metagross who kept on moving towards arcanine. Suddenly out of the dust strewn air feraligatr burst into the scene and sent a beam of water towards arcanine, arcanine just dodged the attack but fell into the line of fire of metagross. From the roaring of the pokemon , there was a shout that signalled Metagross to use earthquake. The ground under feraligatr and arcanine rumbled and cracked, arcanine was thrown to the side and seemed to be kocked out, Feraligatr seized this chance to aim another hydro pump at arcanine but at the last moment magneton came sky-rocketing from the air and sent a powerful bolt of electricity through Feraligatr, the force of the move illuminated the battle field and revealed a scarred earth and a shocked looking Lord Henry. Feraligatr had fainted and was returned to its ball. Metagross however was still on the move towards the struggling aranine. Crimson was scared her arcanine could be seriously hurt. Lord Henry sent orders to metagross, telling it to use psychic, Arcanine was lifted from the ground and thrown to the other side at Lord Henry's feet. Lord Henry snickered and said "pathetic pokemon and its supposed to be legendary, HAHAHAHAHAHAH", Crimson felt sorrow for her arcanine and encouraged it to get up, Magneton stepped in and sent a short wave of electricity towards metagross, It had been paralysed, but for how long. Magneton seized this oppurtunity and used a thunderbolt. The metagross recovering from paralysis was shocked by the attack and it threw it off course. It became dazed and was unable to see. Crimson then thought that instead of all out attacks she can weaken its abilities, She then told her Magneton to use flash, again the battlefield was illuminated and the broken earth was revealed alongside a concerned looking Lord Henry. Lord Henry shouted to his Metagross, "Use recover", in retalliation Crimson ordered an other Flash attack. By this time arcanine had got to its feet and Crimson urged it to use Flamethrower, the line of flames hit metagross directly in the face making it recoil in agony. Lord Henry surprised by the turn of events knew he was not going to win this battle. He thought " I may aswell take down one of his pokemon at least". As Crimson ordered her arcanine to use crunch and her magneton to use thunderbolt, Lord Henry shouted to his Metagross , "METAGROSS USE EXPLOSION" metagross looked up and nodded, suddenly its whole body glowed and then an enormous explosion ensued throwing arcanine into the wall and knocking it out. Magneton was hit but due to its steel defense it wasn't badly hurt. Crimson gave a yell of delight and Lord henry replied by saying " You havent witnessed the true power of my pokemon, that was just beginners luck"

After the explosion subsided the field looked barren and very smooth. then with a frightening roar Lord Henry shouted " GO AGGRON" and the gigantic titan Aggron appeared. What scared Crimson was that it came out of the ball silently and it was still silent, watching Crimson as if calculating her every move. Crimson gulped and with a brave face she called forth her Alakazam. Alakazam came out with a cofident " Alla-Ka-ZAM".

"Who ever wins this battel will be the victor" called Lord Henry from the side of his Aggron. Suddenly Lord Henry shouted "AGGRON USE DIG !", and aggron disappeared underground, Alakazam stood patiently awaiting instructions. After a couple of seconds Crimson shouted "ALAKAZAM USE TELEPORT" , fortunately alakazam disappeared and appeared on the other side of the field just as Aggrons powerful head emerged from the ground. Crimson then ordered alakazam to use Ice punch on Aggron. Aggron had barely lifted itself from the ground when Alakazam's frozen fist made contact with aggron, aggron recoiled with a disgruntled roar. Lord Henry cursed and instructed his aggron to use earthquake. The ground rumbled, there was no were for alakazam to teleport to. And Crimson knew this. the groud beneath alakazam collapsed and it sent alakazam flying, the psychic master got to its feet and calmly stood waiting. Crimson ordered a future sight attack in which alakazam foresaw an attack, during this time Lord Henry had oredered his Aggron to use rock slide and a barrage of rocks hit alakazam. Alakazam was thrown into a tree which shattered. Crimson was getting nervous, her alakazam was weakened, if another earthquake were used it would surely finish alakazam off. Crimson then remebered what metagross had done earlier and she shouted to Alakazam "Use Recover !" alakazam did as instructed and it came back onto the field looking strong as ever . Crimson looking slightly happier asked alakazam to use another ice punch , this time alakazams fist struck aggrons belly and froze it, Aggron looking like a large ice cube and Lord Hnery looking Petrified, Crimson ordered alakazam to use fire punch, this move melted the ice but sent aggron flying into the air, Whilst still in the air Alakazam at the council of Crimson used thunder which struck aggron right in the middle sending it into the ground and leaving a huge crater. Again alakazam was ordered to use thunder and a beam of lightning came from the sky, however Lord Henry was quick on the mark and told aggron to use protect. a large circle of protective force engulfed aggron and the thunder move richoeted and hit the ground. Aggron then suddenly got up and used take down, unfortunately Crimson was not so quick and her alakazam was sent flying again. Alakazam took longer to get up and it looked very weak, Aggron then charged at alakazam again but missed as alakazam with surprising speed dodged the attack, Aggron with a deafening crash , collided with a huge bolder. Crimson burst out laughing as she noticed that aggron had its horns stuck in the bolder, this infuriated Lord Henry and he cursed again. Crimson told Alakazam to use his psychic powers to lift lots of boulders and send them pelting towards aggron. Aggron was roaring in rage and agony. Alakazam used another ice punch on aggron which dealt great damage, shown by aggron stumbling and falling to the ground. Crimson then triumphantly cheered and ordered alakazam to execute a psycho-cut move, This flung aggron down at its masters feet with a big red scorch mark. Aggron tried to get up and eventually did. Crimson just stood there smiling as two balls of light came speeding at either side of aggron and crashed into it sending it to crimsons feet. the aggron tried to get up but fainted.

Crimson cheered and ran to hug her alakazam. Lord Henry stood devastated as he looked at his aggron lying on the ground. He went over to it and said in a holllow voice " You fought well my friend, take a rest" and aggron returned to its ball.

Lord Henry walked up to Crimson and extended his hand, " That truely was an excellent battle and I congratulate you on your victory, you fought well and proved your worth as a trainer", Crimson with tears in her eyes replied " thank you and you were an excellent battler yourself and I hope our battle has tought you something about being big-headed", Lord Henry laughed adn said " I will never underestimate a trainer again, that I can promise".

THE END

Have a merry Christmas everyone

Last edited:
I'm currently writing another fanfic with battle scenes in it.

Can I post one of the scenes here and again within the full fic in another thread?

I've two questions, both similar.
1. Let's say Trainer A fights Trainer B. Can Trainer A defeat Trainer B with one Poke, even though they both have three on them at the time?

2. Let's say our friend Trainer A has 6 Pokemon. Can he fight Trainer B who only has 3, while Trainer A only uses three?

EP: To answer your Qs in my own honest opinion, I feel that if A defeats B with one poke, then so long as your 3 faves appear on the side of A or B, it won't matter. And yeah, the same applies above, as long as the three faves are used, it's good.
*working on his own entry*

EP: To answer your Qs in my own honest opinion, I feel that if A defeats B with one poke, then so long as your 3 faves appear on the side of A or B, it won't matter. And yeah, the same applies above, as long as the three faves are used, it's good.
*working on his own entry*

Thanks!

FishyFool isn't in charge of the contest, I hope you realize. I'll have to check though (I'm a judge but I'm not in charge).

Please wait for some official word.

Please have all three of your Pokémon at least use one move each in the battle.

I'm currently writing another fanfic with battle scenes in it.

Can I post one of the scenes here and again within the full fic in another thread?

Is there an official consensus for this yet?

SOUL DEW

Title: SOUL DEW
Word Count: 1,907

Yazan finally came out of the caves on Iron Island, after spending two days looking for the treasure he has sought for so long. He released his Togetic from its pokeball and looked in its eyes. “We finally did it Togii!” Togii noticed the Shiny Stone in Yazan’s hands and his face lit up with joy. Togii touched the stone and both started glowing, while Yazan watched happily as his starter Pokémon reached its final stage.

Noticing the bright light, Carmen got off the boat coming from Canalave City, and looked to see Yazan sitting by the shore watching his Togetic evolve into Togekiss.

“So, you finally did it?”

“Carmen! I’ve been in the caves for two days looking for a Shiny Stone, and I finally found it.”

“That’s great. Togii will be a lot stronger now. You know what? I would like to test how strong your Togii is. Plus we haven’t battled in a long time”

“Huh! You know Togii could have taken out all your Pokémon even before evolving! You wanna make it a three-on-three battle?”

“Sure. I’ll even go first. Go Ambipom.”

“So your Aipom finally evolved too. That’s not going to make much of a difference though.”

“You’re way overconfident.”

“Togii you’re up.” Togii spread his newly developed wings and flew into the air, circling above Ambipom. “I know we haven’t practiced your new moves, but I’m sure you will use them perfectly. Use your Air Slash.” A ball of wind swirled and gathered around Togii’s wings. He swung his wings and the blast of wind moved with amazing speed towards Ambipom.

“Ambipom use your Agility to dodge” Yelled Carmen. Ambipom’s body glowed as it picked up speed and dodged Togii’s Air Slash. “Now use your Thunderbolt.” Electricity started flowing around Ambipom’s body until it launched the attack into the air towards Togii. Togii tried to dodge by flying away, but newly evolved and unaccustomed to his new weight, Thunderbolt landed a direct hit. “Togii hold on, you can do it!” Togii shook off the effect of the Thunderbolt attack, and was still determined to fight. “I knew you could do it! Time to try Aura Sphere now.”

Togii put his wings together and a blue green ball started forming between them. When the ball grew big enough, Togii launched it at Ambipom.
“Ambipom, agility again!” Ambipom sped though the grass trying to dodge Togii’s Aura Sphere.

A smirk formed on Yazan’s face. “It’s not going to work this time.” Togii’s Aura Sphere changed direction and chased Ambipom into the grass. The ball of energy was too fast for Ambipom to outrun, and it landed on its back causing major damage.

“Aura Sphere does not miss, Carmen. You should spend some more time with your pretty pink pokedex.” Ambipom fell to the ground unable to fight after receiving the blow of the super effective hit.

Carmen returned Ambipom to its pokeball and said “Well you would have saved yourself two days of looking in the caves if you spent more time with your own pokedex. A Pokémon like Ambipom with the Pick Up ability could have found you a Shiny Stone or a Dawn Stone on the ground. Say welcome to my newly evolved Kirlia. Go Gallade!”

Carmen released her Gallade into the air, and Gallade landed onto the battle field with a strong thud, and stood tall staring at Togii.

“Togii, use Flamethrower!” A jet of red hot flames escaped Togii’s mouth aiming for Gallade. Gallade, being too proud to move away, was engulfed in Togii’s flames. Suddenly, a strong Psycho Cut attack cut through the flames and Gallade was in the air, bulleting through the column of flames towards Togii. Togii was taken by surprise, and Gallade’s Psycho Cut landed on its mark. Togii tumbled to the ground, and tried to get up, still unwilling to give up. “Togii use your Grass Knot!” Shouted Yazan.

However this time Carmen was ready to give the correct orders. “Gallade use Teleport to dodge Grass Knot, and then use your Close Combat.” The grass on the ground started moving around Gallade’s feet to immobilize it; however Gallade disappeared leaving the grass to tie itself in a knot. Gallade reappeared close to Togii, and started landing successive hits of its Close Combat. Togii fell to the ground unable to battle anymore.

Yazan returned Togii to its pokeball telling him that he did a great job. “It’s time for my second Pokémon; go Wobbuffet.” Yazan’s Wobbuffet appeared on the battle ground. The sight of her lipstick caused Carmen to laugh harder than she ever did before. “Hehehe, Gallade don’t be swayed by its shiny lipstick, we’re going to return that punching bag to its pokeball with one hit. Use your Leaf Blade.”

Gallade’s hands were surrounded with a green glow, as it charged towards Wobbuffet. “Wobbuffet, Counter it.” Wobbuffet’s body shone red and Gallade was hurled backwards as soon as it touched it.

Gallade stood up trying to shake away the force of its own attack, but Yazan did not wait for it to recover. “Wobbuffet use your Destiny Bond.” A black shadow formed around Wobbuffet, and leapt to surround Gallade.

Carmen did not know what that shadow was intended to do, but she didn’t like what just happened. “Gallade return to your pokeball, you’ll come back to the fight when you recover.” A red beam shot from Carmen’s pokeball and hit Gallade, however something went wrong and Gallade did not return to its pokeball.

“You seriously need to study better if you want me to battle you again! Wobbuffet’s ability; Shadow Tag, prevents you from switching Pokémon. Your Gallade will stay here until either one of our Pokémon is knocked out.”

Carmen, undeniably impressed by Yazan’s strategy, instructed Gallade to use its Psycho Cut on Wobbuffet to take it out. Yazan, not knowing that Psycho Cut is a physical attack, ordered Wobbuffet to use her Mirror Coat. Gallade’s attack went right through Wobbuffet’s red coat and sent her flying backwards through the grass, taking her out of the battle.

“Who needs to spend time with his pokedex now?” gloated Carmen over her victory. However, to her dismay, the black shadow that surrounded Gallade a minute ago reappeared, and Gallade fell to the ground unable to fight anymore. “This is the effect of the Destiny Bond Wobbuffet used before. It looks like we’re both down to our last Pokémon.”

Both trainers returned their Pokémon to the pokeballs, and prepared to send their last Pokémon to the battle field. Yazan picked up his Premium Ball and threw it in the air. The seal on the pokeball activated and flames shot out in every direction. Out of the flames shot Charizard in the air and landed on the battle field, roaring so loudly that a couple of Pidgey flew away from the tree nearby.

Carmen threw her own sealed pokeball to the field. Empoleon appeared from the center of the swirling bubbles and spread its steel wings, popping all of them with a single move. The two Pokémon stared at each other with fire in their eyes, ready to take each other on.

“Charizard, use your Flamethrower!” The flame on Charizard’s tail grew bigger, and tremendous jets of fire escaped from its mouth directed at Empoleon.

At the same time Carmen shouted “Empoleon use Ice Beam.” And a sparkling frozen beam shot out of Empoleon’s beak towards its opponent.

The two attacks collided in the center of the battle field with enough power to force Yazan and Carmen to cover their faces. The Pokémon did not wait for orders from their trainers, and dove at each other with amazing speed. “Charizard fly into the air, and prepare for a Seismic Toss.”
Carmen retaliated by giving an order to Empoleon, “Jump into the water and use Surf, Empoleon.”

Empoleon dove into the sea. The water bended to Empoleon’s will, forming a giant wave aimed for Charizard. Charizard circled in the air and dove bravely towards the attacking wave. Submerged by the cool sea water, Charizard’s situation was not looking good. Suddenly, Empoleon’s wave splashed open and Charizard emerged, moving through the sky with Empoleon in its arms. Charizard circled in the sky and moved towards the ground, dropping Empoleon fiercely and finishing its Seismic Toss.

The trainers waited for the dust to settle around them, to observe the result of their battle. To their surprise, both Pokémon were getting up to continue their battle. Happy with the strength and endurance of their partners, each trainer started giving new orders. “Empoleon, use Flash Cannon.” A blinding ball of white energy formed in front of Empoleon’s open beak, and shot towards Charizard.

“Charizard, use your Blast Burn now!” Charizard opened its mouth and flames started seeping out of its mouth. The flames swirled and formed a huge ball of fire in front of his mouth. Once the fire ball was completed, Charizard hurled it at Empoleon with amazing power. The fireball engulfed Empoleon’s Flash Cannon Shot and continued towards its mark. The Blast Burn shot hit Empoleon and the ground around the Pokémon was engulfed with swirling flames, covering Empoleon from the sight of his trainer as well as Yazan.

Charizard fell to its knees, exhausted from performing such a powerful attack, trying to keep an eye on his opponent to tell if its attack was successful. The flames around Empoleon finally died, leaving the Pokémon on the ground unable to battle anymore.

Yazan jumped out with joy and ran towards his partner to celebrate their well deserved win. Carmen returned her Empoleon to its pokeball telling it what an awesome battle it fought. She went to Yazan’s side to congratulate him and his Charizard. “Congrats Bro. You sure have improved since we left home a year ago.”

Yazan gloated “I sure have! I’m going to call mom and tell her I beat you.”

Just as he finished the sentence, they heard something that sounded like a jet above them. A small shiny Sphere fell from the sky, and landed unharmed on Yazan’s bag. Yazan picked up the sphere, as they looked up and saw two objects, one red and one blue, flying north. The two objects stopped in midair, in what looked like a little discussion between them.

“Can you see that? We have to go follow them!! But Charizard is tired; I need to take it to the Pokémon center first.”

Carmen looked through her bag, and took out two items. “These are Full Restore. Give this to your Charizard” said Carmen, as she gave the second one to her Empoleon.

Yazan jumped on Charizard’s back and they flew towards the two objects in midair, while Carmen swam in the same direction on Empoleon's back.

To the siblings’ surprise, the two flying objects parted and went into opposite directions with blinding speed. “Ok, let’s go to the east, that’s where the red one went” said Yazan. Carmen protested “I don’t want to! I want to follow the blue one!”

“Fine, you follow the blue one; I’ll follow the red one. We’ll meet back home, and I will beat you again with my brand new mysterious Pokémon.”

“Again with the overconfidence”

“See ya Sis. Take care of yourself” said Yazan, smiling at his sister.

“You too. Stay out of Trouble.” Carmen replied, as the two siblings went into opposite directions, each following his unique Pokémon adventure.

THE END

The Final Showdown
Cadellin (me) VS Steven
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Crowd roared with anticipation as I reached the front of the arena. 8 Badges, and hundreds of miles of forests and mountains had finally brought me to this final showdown- The Pokémon League. My team had fought hard, and there were still three of them left standing after the Elite four. I raised my head to the cheering audience as I stepped onto the platform, and turned to face my enemy.
Now the only thing that lay between me and the realization of my dream was the champion, Steven, and his team of Pokémon. He glanced at the giant scoreboards above us, and eyed my team’s stats carefully. “It looks like you are down to three Pokémon” he acknowledged. I nodded, lowering my eyebrows with annoyance. He smiled coyly, and looked away.“I can beat you with just three of my own, kid.” I snarled with frustration. “Come on then!” my hand flew to my belt.
The commentator’s voice rang out across the arena. “LET THE MATCH BEGIN!!!!
I grabbed the first of my Poke balls and hurled it into the arena. “GO, Tyranitar!!” Steven’s face flashed with absolute dismay as a fully grown Tyranitar roared before him, nearly 8 feet tall. His calculating look glanced at the board above him, registering the types. He picked up a Pokéball, and almost half heartedly tossed it into the arena. He shouted “Go, Armaldo!” I winced as I realised- Tyranitar would be weak against any bug moves that Armaldo used.
“USE EARTHQUAKE!!” I yelled, and Tyranitar immediately jumped upwards, some 20ft into the air. The crowd’s eyes widened as Tyranitar spiralled and crashed downwards, his feet slamming into the arena floor. Cracks exploded into view, zigzagging towards Armaldo. He was knocked over by the sheer force of the blow, smashing his head against the sharp rocks behind him. With the dexterity of a dancer, Tyranitar flipped back up into a ready stance, his eyes constantly on his opponent.
Steven eyed the damage nervously. He quickly recovered his expression and snarled “FURY CUTTER!” Armaldo’s eyes narrowed and then, jumped forwards, sailing through the air towards Tyranitar. “Dodge it” I shouted with anxiety as he grew closer. Tyranitar turned sideways, and it appeared as though Armaldo had missed him, whooshing past him in a frenzy of claws. Delight spread across Tyrnaitar’s face, but then an enormous gash widened across his chest. He reeled over backwards, utterly spent. I recalled him with despair. Meer seconds later, my hand had already reached down for another Pokéball, and I yelled “GO, BLAZIKEN!!”
Like a Phoenix from the ashes, Blaziken soared into the air, landing gracefully in front of his opponent. Steven watched with contempt, and yelled “ROCK BLAST!!!”. Blaziken watched as an enormous boulder flew directly towards him, then, with complete control, jumped towards the attack. The crowd held their breath as he flew directly towards the rock, and burst straight through it, already readying his next move. He already knew what I was about to say- “BLAZE KICK!!” He spun in midair and smashed his foot into Armaldo’s neck, in a perfectly executed crescent kick. Staggering from the blow, Armaldo keeled over. Steven watched with awe. “Return, Armaldo.” He said, barely a whisper against the tide of cheers that erupted from the crowd. For the first time, I smiled. Perhaps this battle was winnable after all?
Steven watched the audience unblinkingly. His poker face faltered for just a moment as he turned to face me, and I saw his true colours- a boiling glare of hatred. He grabbed his second Pokéball, and threw it into the arena with a vengeance, and yelled “GO, CLAYDOL!!” A dark and ominous shape emerged from the Pokéball, its sights fixed firmly upon me. I quickly recalled Blaziken, and checked my Pokémon for any with type advantages. I picked up my Pokéball and hurled it into the arena. “GO, FLYGON!!”
Steven eyed down my Flygon. “CLAYDOL, USE HYPNOSIS!!” he yelled. Claydol began to float upwards, with the air crackling about it as it built up energy. Suddenly a swirling orb of darkness launched from his chest, arcing across the arena towards Flygon. Flygon took flight to try and avoid it, be he dropped like a stone, practically unconscious as the attack took its toll. He bounced across the arena, and lay quivering at Steven’s feet. Steven smirked. “NOW USE DREAM EATER!!” Claydol reached out towards the unconscious Flygon, and I felt a twist of anger as Flygon writhed on the ground.
It was torturingly tense. I watched with horror as Flygon’s health decreased with each passing round, and still he showed no sign of waking, finally, when it seemed like the battle was decided, Flygon shakily climbed to his feet. He was barely standing, but he had that determined look in his eyes that made me feel proud. “USE DRAGONBREATH!!” I yelled, and clenched my fists nervously. The crowd held their breath as Flygon drew himself up straight and prepared the move. Suddenly, his wings flared out behind him and an enormous stream of fire exploded forwards, completely engulfing Claydol. When the flames subsided, Claydol dropped down into the massive circle of scorch marks on the arena floor.
Steven was shaking with rage. How could a child possibly have this kind of power? He reached for his last Pokémon, and his eyes locked with mine. “You brought this upon yourself, kid.” He raised his hand and the crowd stared with shocked eyes. In his hand was a Masterball, and he held it delicately, as though he was afraid of it. “It has been years since I have had to resort to this.” He muttered, clenching the Masterball tightly. He launched it into the arena, and the crowed watched with awe as an enormous shape emerged from the Masterball. It uncurled itself, and roared with a sound that shook the very foundations of Hoenn. It was Kyogre.
People began screaming and running around. It was chaos. And there, in the centre of the confusion, Kyogre launched itself forwards, and without any input from Steven, fired a hydro pump at Flygon. Flygon dropped almost instantly, due to the sheer force of the attack. I recalled him and reached for my last Pokéball.
It didn’t look good- Blaziken was a fire type and so would be weak against Kyogre. Even if there was no type disadvantage, there weren’t many Pokémon that could stand up to a Legendary. “GO, BLAZIKEN!!” I roared and hurled the Pokéball into the arena. Blaziken emerged, and stared Kyogre full in the face, unblinking, unmoved by the fury that lay before him. Steven shouted “USE HYDRO PUMP!!” but Kyogre did not respond. Steven shouted and made threats, but still Kyogre would not obey him. Turning, Kyogre began to destroy the arena itself, and members of the audience fled, running for cover. The top box was quickly crushed, and Kyogre began to roar with rage. A strange sense of duty welled up inside me. I knew that Kyogre would go on to destroy Ever Grande City, and indeed all of the world if he was not stopped. I raised my hand.
“BLAZIKEN, USE FIREBLAST!!” Blaziken raised his claws, and flew upwards till he was level with the head of Kyogre. He then curled himself inwards as he prepared the attack, and millions of glowing embers flew towards him from everywhere. They gathered into an enormous, pulsating aura that engulfed Blaziken, with all the energy of a volcano. Suddenly, Blaziken unleashed his rage, stretching out his arms towards the sky. The glow condensed and, with the force of a hurricane, burst forwards towards Kyogre’s astonished face.
Kyogre was thrown backwards, screaming with rage and anger. He landed, skidding, on the far side of the arena, his body curled inwards with pain. He suddenly seemed to change as he lay there, some sense of honour and pride appeared on his features. He turned his massive head and looked me directly in the eye. In that stare, memories of an enforced servitude formed, and I saw how his soul had been tarnished by the rage of battle and combat. Deep with understanding, I watched him slowly rise into the air, and with one last look of pure wisdom, flew away from the battle. I watched him recede into the distance, flying off the island, far out into the eastern sea of Hoenn. Somewhere near Sootopolis, he flipped and dived downwards into the ocean. I realised that by being set free, he had regained his pride as a Legendary Pokémon.
Steven staggered to his feet, limped over, and looked around. The Arena had been completely destroyed by Kyogre’s wrath, and rubble and brick dust coated the arena floor. He turned to face me, and reached out to shake my hand. An awkward silence filled the arena, before I reached out and grasped his hand firmly. “Thank you, Cadellin. By defeating me here today, you have saved Hoenn form the wrath of Kyogre. It was wrong of me to meddle with the forces of nature, and I apologise for not taking you seriously.” I stared dumbfounded as he pointed towards a pair of dust coated doors at the far end of the arena. “Come, Cadellin! The Hall of Fame and beyond, your destiny awaits!”

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom