• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Best Cartoon you have ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Avatar the last air bender" and then "the legend of Korra".
Beautiful art work, thrilling story lines, and amazing characters! It's what I always hoped the Pokémon amine could be. I could just gush all day about my love for the series, but I degrees.
My only complaint was with what the writers did after the series finale of Korra. :/
I seriously wish Pokémon amine was half as good add avatar.

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Spectacular Spider-man
Beast Wars
Transformers
Pretty much every 90s comic book cartoon
Justice League
X-men Evolution
Redwall
Scooby-Doo Where are you?

Where's the love for Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Looney Toons in general? I loved them when I was little, way back when Cartoon Network aired them almost constantly. Does anyone else remember those two or three day long marathons of nothing but Bugs Bunny in the summer?

Anyway, here's my top five in no particular order.

Looney Toons in general
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Spider-Man (1994 series)
Batman: The Animated Series (1992 series)

I feel so old, so very old.

If anime counts, Cowboy Bebop. Honorable mentions to Ghost in the Shell, Samurai Champloo, Noir, Trigun and Fairy Tail

If anime doesn't count, Batman: The Animated Series. Honorable mentions to South Park, RWBY, Justice League (the animated series), Kim Possible and Rocket Power

Cowboy Bebop is my favorite TV show in general.

This opinion... this is good opinioning. I'd have it on my very short list with The Wire, Game of Thrones and... and... Friends (no shame)

Animaniacs, of course

I'm a huge Avatar/LOK guy, but even so Steven Universe is probably the all-round highest-quality animated series I've ever seen. Great music, acting, art direction, animation, and scripting.

Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies would be my top fave. Follow ups in no particular order would be Tom and Jerry, Animaniacs, Oggy and the Cockroaches, Avatar the last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Powerpuff Girls, Spongebob, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

South Park, because the writers know how to take a cultural topic or phenomenon, twist it all around but still add in a lesson to be learned.

Gosh, I don't know.... I love a lot of stuff but I can't pick just one.

Let's see. Tom and Jerry is a biggie. I love the slapstick this show had to offer, and the comedic timing of everything was just perfect! It makes me sad that the Tom and Jerry of today turned down the "violence" because soccer moms felt it needed it for the kids. No, no it didn't need to turn down anything! Believe me, the kids of today would love it!

I know I razz on Hanna Barbera a lot for their stuff during the late 50s and 60s, but there's one cartoon they made in that time period I absolutely loved- Top Cat. This show was a treasure compared to the more popular Flinstones and Jetsons. It only lasted about 32 episodes, if I recall. I loved it because it was about a con artist who wanted to strike it big in any possible way he could. Not an original premise, but hey, it's better than watching space and prehistoric people act like the typical Americana family of the 50s.

Gargoyles is my all-time favorite show with a dark theme. I loved it because despite it's gruff and gritty exterior, it told an amazing story of a world that isn't completely hopeless. I loved the characters, even the incredibly evil ones who I want to punch in the face. They are so well-written and it's a show I watch to this day because it is just so good! It continued in comic form and it didn't cease to amaze. Unlike many people, I don't want them to make new Gargoyles episodes. I feel it had a perfect ending in the comics and I don't want that to be messed with.

Other cartoons that I consider the best- Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers- no wait, that's not a cartoon, but it felt like it... okay, back on topic, Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, What a Mess, Batman:TAS (another great dark cartoon), Timon and Pumbaa. These are all great shows that I can watch to this day and never get bored. =) That's what makes them the best.

Here's my top five:

1. "Avatar - the Last Airbender" and "Avatar - the Legend of Korra"
2. "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"
3. "South Park"
4. "Digimon Tamers"
5. "The Simpsons"

When I was little I watched a lot of cartoons and anime shows, but my favorite cartoon of all is Spongebob. That show brings back so many memories for me for so many reasons, and it will always remain dear to my heart. Not a big fan of the more recent episodes though..

I'm starting to grow pretty fond of "Archer."

I like a lot of cartoons. I can't pick just one.

If I had to choose, I'd definitely pick Hey Arnold. I think it's really funny and I love all the adult jokes that they snuck into the episodes. Plus Helga was such an awesome character. I also like how the focus wasn't always on Arnold and many characters got episodes devoted to them.

I also really liked As Told by Ginger, since the show had so much continuity and it was surprisingly serious for a Nicktoon (granted, there was plenty of comedy in it, but it felt so much more serious than other shows on Nickelodeon - particularly in the later episodes), and I especially liked the fact that it had a proper ending!

I'd say it is a tie between teen titans,Avatar the last airbender,and Steven universe.

teen titans becuse that was the first show I really got into and watched (Evan though It was 2006 and I was 5).

Avatar the last airbender because I liked the style of the show and how it was organized like a book.

Steven universe because it reminds me of the story centric feel of teen titans and avatar the last airbender.

Here's my list:
1. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
2. Avatar The Last Airbender
3. The Legend of Korra
4. Steven Universe
5. Lady Lovely Locks

Favorite animated movies:
1. Bambi (Yes, including Bambi 2)
2. Song of the Sea
3. Frozen
4. The Princess and the Frog
5. Aladdin