• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Dark pokemon

Absol- The strongest sucker punch in the game! Plus it can learn swords dance! THATS awesome!

I'm not saying these are the "best" (because it really doesn't matter to me that much), but these are my favorites: Umbreon, Houndour, and Houndoom. I'm hoping we get a Dark/Electric, Luxio and Luxray would have been really good for that.

Now, if Gen V was here already... then I might add Zoroark to mah list... just looking at it makes you think that its Speed and Attack stats are pretty high.:drool:

Well, Absol definitely is the best at being a dark Pokémon. Seriously, it's classification is "Disaster Pokémon". With its ability being Pressure, it embodies the dark type the most.
Close seconds go to a tie between the desert tyrant and the hell-hound, Tyranitar and Houndoom respectively.
Tyranitar lives up to his name, tyrannizing the OU meta, and would surely be locked away if it weren't for his massive fighting weakness.
What more could you ask for than the devil's top hench-beast? Houndoom, with his savage horns and fiery breath certainly delivers when his master needs debts payed.
While Darkrai has it in his name, trademark move, and general purpose, I don't ever count legendaries when making lists as they're not as cool due to their status. Though, we all know he's the best statistically.
If gen V were included, I would have to say Warubiaru. That wicked gator has sunglasses for crying out loud! You just don't get cooler than that.

Last edited:
If you mean favorites:

Honchkrow, Houndoom and Absol. Honchkrow has a smooth criminal hat, that's fucking awesome.

Umbreon, Nuzleaf, Shiftry and Crawdaunt are my personal favourite Dark-types; but over all I'm not a huge fan of them.

Tyranitar.

Well, barring that monster, not counting ubers, I guess maybe Houndoom or Spiritomb are my favorites. Dark-types are pretty meh to me... I never did like Umbreon, to be honest; nor most of the other ones - Shiftry, Crawdaunt, and Murkrow were all pretty meh to me. Then fourth gen came around, with Drapion, Weavile, and Honchkrow, and I have to say, I like some of the fourth gen Dark-types better than the second- or third-gen ones.

Sharpedo and Absol are alright, though, as are most of them; my least favorite ones are probably Umbreon and Murkrow, and the rest range from alright to great. I don't hate the Dark-type, though I honestly can't say it's one of my favorites.

I forgot to mention my opinion of Darkrai, lol. Well, it's one of my favorite Dark-types, second only to Tyranitar. It's just a total boss imo.

edit:

Whats your favorite type then?

Ehh, toss-up between Ground and Water. Dark's probably my fifth- or sixth-favorite type.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom