• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Grass type starter

Which region had the best Grass type starter?

• Kanto (Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur)

Votes: 95 23.6%
  • Johto (Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium)

Votes: 74 18.4%
  • Hoenn (Treecko, Grovile, Sceptile)

Votes: 129 32.0%
  • Sinnoh (Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra)

Votes: 86 21.3%
  • Unova (Snivy, Servine, Serperior)

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • Kalos (Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught)

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
I honestly love them all to an insane degree (Grass is my favorite type and it's Starters are by far the most epic in my opinion.)

However, I'm going to have to go with Bulbasaur. This little guy has been my all time favorite Pokemon since forever and that hasn't changed yet. Obviously, Venusaur is my favorite fully evolved form.

The others, I can't decide. I like them all more or less equally. They're all just so awesome

The other starter polls took a bit of thought; this one did not. I love Chikorita and its evolutions because they are cute. :D

Chikorita. :)

Grass pokémon are often available right near the beginning of the game, so I don't ususally pick a grass-type as a starter. But Chikorita is adorable. <3

Sceptile
first Pokemon I ever had on my 1st ever Pokemon game :)

I would have to go with the bulbasaur line because it got me out of many jams and also became a key member of my catch party.

I don't care at all about power and so on. Meganium is just the cutest out of them all, although I like pretty much all of the grass starters.

I used both Venusaur and Torterra in their respective games, so I say Venusaur followed by Torterra.

Treecko is my favorite starter for Hoenn. It has a cool design and can learn False Swipe, which I love because I like catching Pokemon more than training them xD

I like them all but if I had to choose one... It would be Torterra since it reminds me of the Discworld series.

Meganium is a very close second, since it's quite cute. Sceptile and Venusaur following behind, but they're still cool as well. Sceptile because it manages to be a speed demon while the others are best used as tanks and Venusaur is pretty cool because it manages to be "masculine" while displaying a fully bloomed flower on it's back, which could mean something (Although I end up getting female Bulbasaurs anyway...).

Chikorita all the way. she is the only grass typoe i will ever start with. the main reason is because of ash's chikorita was amazing.

I dont like any grass starter much but I suppose I like sceptile the most...

My favorite would be Bulbasaur's line. I've always found it useful to have Bulbasaur as he/she is strong against both Brock and Misty, making the beginning of the game a little easier until you get some more members on your team. ;)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom