• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Legends: Arceus character?

Best girl/guy/etc in Legends: Arceus?

• Adaman

• Irida

• Arezu

• Other (explain in thread!)

• Please don't pick Melli...

• Mai

• Iscan

• Sabi

• Lian

• Calaba

• Palina

• Ingo

• Gaeric

• Kamado

• Cylenne

• Volo

• Laventon

• Cogita

• Beni

• Rei/Akari

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I personally think that Adaman is really laid-back (I headcanon him as having an Aussie accent for some reason), and he's also SUPER cute. I totally wish I had picked the Diamond Clan now... But he's super awesome~
I don't like Irida's design as much as Adaman's but she's cute too, and I do like her similarity to May/Serena. She's also a good friend to the player IMO.
Arezu is the best not-Adaman character in the game hands down though. Love her personality, awesome haircuts, S tier.

Ngl I really dislike Melli. Sorry.

Last edited:
This is a weird and random poll. Should just list as many of the characters as you can, not simply the clan leaders and one random third character...

But I'm going to say Palina. I find her relatable in that she's kind of an outcast in her group because the other Pearl members are putting her down for not training that Growlithe asap. I'm an outcast myself and I agree with how she did things, she was right not to rush and force Growlithe into things too early. I also find her relationship with Iscan sweet. It's kinda lowkey a Romeo and Juliet type thing with how they're from two clans that don't like each other and think they shouldn't be seen together.

I really enjoyed Palina's character, her relationship with Iscan, and her arc as well. I've yet to beat the game so I'm unsure if there's more for her afterwards, but it was nice with what we got.

While I, too, really like Adaman (from his attractive swagger to his being one of the few to be absolutely friendly from the jump), Irida has actually grown on me. When you first meet her, she's quite dismissive, a bit rude, and largely unwelcoming to the player. Thus there's actual growth in her relationship with the player character as she gradually begins to acknowledge your talents, respect your strength and relationship with your Pokémon, appreciate your presence and insight, and overall be one of your biggest supporters by the end. She even allows herself to be vulnerable with you regarding some of her deepest fears, mistakes, and insecurities regarding her job as well as her place in the universe. I thought it was really telling when after the fifth Noble Pokémon, she's the most vocal with Kamodo about his stupid and unfair decision to banish us from the village - she's actually livid and berates him, whereas her initial characterization would have likely very much agreed with Kamodo's rationalization. Her explicitly defending us, supplemented with our time together prior, compared to Adaman basically saying "Bruhhh, really man? Don't be like that..." is why I chose her to journey with me to the three great lakes rather than Adaman. I'm still in the process of doing that as I type this (so no spoilers please, hehe), but yeah - I quite enjoy Irida; much more than I thought I would at the beginning.

The Professor's assistant for calling the Commander a monster for the harsh decision of firing or suspending your character.

Volo basically pulls a Palpatine on the player. He acts like an ally, and becomes an enemy once he sees the moment to turn against you, which is sad, since he actually helps you a great deal until he reveals his true colours.

Last edited:
she's actually livid
True. I think even a swarm of Beedrill would be like, "Le yikes! Let’s fly back to Kanto! We can play cards with Butterfree!".

I guess you can say that she was as mad as a colony of Beedrill.

I love most of characters, even the ones I was mad at for a long while due to story events.

Irida is my absolute favorite. It's true she doesn't trust you at first, but she realizes pretty quickly that you're not a bad person and makes up for it. She really felt like a friend through a lot of it rather than just someone relying on me for everything. I was always genuinely happy to see her and happy when she opened up to me.

I adore Adaman too. Just love his design and his personality.
Also love how both he and Irida are there for you when the village turns on you. Even if they did it in secret, it was still a risk they took to help you.

Come on, how not to choose Melli? It's impossible not to love that boastful rascal. He may not be the nicest character, nor the most relevant, but he is certainly the greatest in this game.

Last edited:
Melli is a guy...
(also, sorry for the hate on him! people all have their personal preferences and I recognize that I should have probably been a little nicer about it, even if it was more in a jokey-sort of way.)

Don't be sorry, I am certain that Melli, in a way, would appreciate your joke. But are you sure that Melli is a dude? How could I have been so obtuse. Lol

I'm incredibly surprised anyone likes Melli at all. :/ All he does is put you down and act super obnoxious and full of himself. And he also actively tried to get you lost in Wayward Cave.

AND he insults Cresselia! I don't care what Cresselia was doing in that arena, it'd never be anything bad. She's beautiful and kind as far as I've seen. Though I do feel like her implementation was rather lazy and weird. Like, why IS she in Moonview Arena and suddenly fudging with your mind as you approach her? Why couldn't we get a boat to Fullmoon Island?

To me, Melli is just pure annoying a-hole.

• Adaman was fun from the get-go and I love his design. Please stop looking at me with those eyes and that smile, I might melt.
  • I'm in the camp of didn't like Irida at first but the story managed to endear her to me with her background and development. Alola earlier put into good words why that's so.
  • Ingo reawakened the slumbering SubMas fan in me. I fell for the angst bait hook, line, and sinker.
  • I want to see more of Melli getting roasted. I like him because he has that pathetic energy about him, not because he's a good person (he's pretty removed from that lol), and the story did take some opportunities to roast him like when the player's only dialogue options were refuse his invitation to a battle, or his interactions with Adaman in general. I saw someone comparing him to Isle of Armor rivals which I think is pretty apt, and I enjoyed those characters too.
  • I have a... complicated relationship with Volo. I wasn't satisfied by how they developed his character but the breadcrumbs were enough for me to latch on him with a heavy dose of liberal interpretations.
  • Cogita ma'am...

Imagine a slightly different timeline?

Volo: Ah. My favourite customer! I am so glad you got 17 of the 18 plates. Although, I must say, you’re here sooner than expected.
You: In the name of the Hisui Region, you are under arrest, Volo.
Volo: Seriously?
You: The Hisuian Government will decide your fate.
Volo: I AM the Government!

I'm incredibly surprised anyone likes Melli at all. :/ All he does is put you down and act super obnoxious and full of himself. And he also actively tried to get you lost in Wayward Cave.

AND he insults Cresselia! I don't care what Cresselia was doing in that arena, it'd never be anything bad. She's beautiful and kind as far as I've seen. Though I do feel like her implementation was rather lazy and weird. Like, why IS she in Moonview Arena and suddenly fudging with your mind as you approach her? Why couldn't we get a boat to Fullmoon Island?

To me, Melli is just pure annoying a-hole.

Melli is certainly an unfriendly and verbosely offensive character. However, he plays a fundamental role of opposition to the protagonist.

In legends, you are a stranger who came from an extremely suspicious place, and who, therefore, has to prove your usefulness and suitability for the locals, as Kamado himself says.

However, in practice, you are quickly accepted and liked by the game's characters, with the exception of the pretentious Melli, who will annoy you as much as possible until you convince him of your worth.

Furthermore, Melli is so overly smug, even when his inferiority is apparent or his stance unreasonable, that, instead of sounding offensive, he seems, to me, idiotically funny. His apologies and justifications when he recognizes the value of the protanist, who just saved the day, always makes me smirk, as well as his temperate complaints about being left out.

In short, he plays both his role as guardian and the role that the "bad girls" are supposed to play, namely, to represent a senseless and funny antagonism.

Last edited:
Rei/Akari! They're very... realistically friendly. Like, I love how happy-go-lucky and laid-back Hau is, but I doubt such a person could actually exist, kinda making me like him less as a whole. Rei/Akari expresses a wide range of emotions while also being very friendly and likable, and their dynamic with Laventon is very entertaining. In fact, one of my biggest gripes with this game's story is how their arc with Pikachu was never really finished, 'cause I really love them and it makes me very sad that they just vanish after you go to Mount Coronet to stop Kamado.

Any choice that is not Adaman is objectively wrong.

That is all. Drops mic

I'm kidding. Just a disclaimer. Irida and Arezu are also kind of based, not going to lie.

Melli is certainly an unfriendly and verbosely offensive character. However, he plays a fundamental role of opposition to the protagonist.

In legends, you are a stranger who came from an extremely suspicious place, and who, therefore, has to prove your usefulness and suitability for the locals, as Kamado himself says.

However, in practice, you are quickly accepted and liked by the game's characters, with the exception of the pretentious Melli, who will annoy you as much as possible until you convince him of your worth.

Furthermore, Melli is so overly smug, even when his inferiority is apparent or his stance unreasonable, that, instead of sounding offensive, the character seems idiotically funny. His apologies and justifications when he recognizes the value of the protanist, who just saved the day, always makes me smirk, as well as his temperate complaints about being left out.

In short, he plays both his role as guardian and the role that the "bad girls" are supposed to play, namely, to represent a senseless and funny antagonism.
Except Melli is hardly the only one that distrusts you. It's stated that numerous people in Jubilife Village are wary of you and don't 100% trust you. And while distrusting the player is fine, Melli takes it to a whole new unnecessary level by being a jerk to pretty much anyone he talks to, not just the player.

Adaman and Volo are my absolute favorites. Their designs are cool and cute, which greatly appeals to me, and I also like their interactions with the PC, and in Adaman's case other characters like Irida; for the latter I especially like the occasional snark he expresses.

Irida is another character I like too actually, though not as much. At first I wasn't too fond of her due to how she was introduced, but actually seeing more of her before some of the Noble battles and seeing her growth as a person warmed me up to her. Also, her design is pretty cute as well, it reminds me a bit of May and even Serena somewhat.

And of course, Ingo is another character that's my favorite. Though I've always liked him since BW, kinda sad his twin Emmet wasn't there as well since I quite like him too, but it's nice seeing a familiar face regardless.

Other characters I like but mostly don't have strong feelings for are: Arezu, Rei, Melli, Laventon, Cogita, and Ginter (yeah I know kinda random, but he still looks cool, and him possibly being Volkner's ancestor makes me like him somewhat).

Ingo is one of the more interesting characters to me and I wish that the game did more with him. I love Black and White so it was a nice surprise to see a character from those games - but I think he could have used some kind of quest or at least have more post-game dialogue. Volo is a close second with Adaman as a close third.

Iscan also I feel is a very underrated character and same with Palina. I've seen people who really dislike Sabi but I think she's fun and Briviary is one of my favorite new Pokemon. Then there's Cyllene who I like but I'd like more if she felt like a standalone character instead of feeling like a genderbent Cyrus.

Melli I sort of like mostly because of how over-the-top mean he is and as an example of a character I like in fiction but would hate to know irl nor do I want to defend. It is also kind of funny to me that I've also noticed a lot of people I've seen who dislike Melli act a lot like him, not everyone but enough that I think it's a bit funny.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom