• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Nintendo games of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pman

Insane Particle Collider
Reaction score
The official Nintendo Magazine released this list last year.
There are some things I really disagree with, such as putting Mario Kart - Wii as the best Mario Kart and placing Tetris as low down as number 5...It should have been number 2 at worst, the only other game that competes is Banjo-Kazooie which they put at 36.

I think they greatly underestimated just how stupid the Wii is as a console as they made this list, though perhaps the best Wii game is only number 3 reflects this, in an age where we have the best technology, we can't make good games :(

Or maybe the Wii controller is just stupid :)

I don't know what to make of that list, it's completely inconsistent in how the games are ranked. Super Mario Bros was great for its time, but it doesn't really stand up to today's games, and certainly wouldn't rank above them. I could understand it if they were ranking them based on how revolutionary they were, but then why is Mario Kart Wii the highest ranked Mario Kart? Shouldn't Super Mario Kart be higher considering it spawned the entire series? Same thing with Pokémon.

I think they were ranking based on how enjoyable it is to play and how good it was for its time. Super mario will always be the best platformer ever released and it hasn't changed enough over the decades to justify putting anything but the original at the top of the list

i tried playing mario kart wii once
it didn't go well B|

they should've put one of the actually enjoyable mario kart games in that high spot... 64 or DS or even double dash

also, what the swift hell is "lylat wars"? it's number 14, and i've never heard of it in my life.

all in all, kind of an odd list, though predictable in many ways. so... much... mario x_x

also, what the swift hell is "lylat wars"? it's number 14, and i've never heard of it in my life.
Lylat Wars=What Star Fox 64 was sold as in the PAL (Europe) region.

It's very subjective. I'd have my top five as:

Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Starfox 64
Metroid Prime
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64

Well... erm... that's six. So top six I suppose.

Personally i think the zelda series are the best nintendo games of all time... And the pokemon games 2:I

My list:

1. HGSS
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
4. Super Mario Bros.
5. Mario Kart Wii

Wii Sports? Good? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Completely made my day. Who even LIKES Wii Sports? Only reason it's the most sold game is because it's FREE!

NO!
BAD NINTENDO!
You do NOT put pokemon at 20, and you do NOT place Resident Evil 4 so low!

I'm ashamed :'(

I'll throw down a top 10, in no order.

Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Paper Mario 64
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Just off the top of my head. Was unbelievably hard. D:

Wii Sports? Good? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Completely made my day. Who even LIKES Wii Sports? Only reason it's the most sold game is because it's FREE!

I like Wii Sports...
Posted via Mobile Device

I know loads of people that got the Wii just for Wii Sports alone.

Anywho, there are a lot of choices I agree with here, but some are just weird. I mean, what's Sonic Advance doing there, for example? I can think of a ton of quality games, some GBA platformers even, that could have very easily sat in that spot.

As for my personal top 10? Lemme see...

1.) Diddy's Kong Quest
2.) Yoshi's Island
3.) Drill Dozer
4.) Banjo-Kazooie
5.) Wind Waker
6.) Paper Mario TYD
7.) Wario Land 4
8.) Donkey Kong '94
9.) Pikmin 2
10.) Pokemon R/S/E

I completely disagree with many of the things on that list. This is what my top 10 would be:

1. Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (SNES)
2. Pokémon Crystal Version (GBC)
3. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest (SNES)
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
5. Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version (DS)
6. Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
7. Kirby Super Star (SNES)
8. Banjo-Tooie (N64)
9. Mario Kart 64 (N64)
10. Donkey Kong 64 (N64)

Wow, that was difficult.

Last edited:
LETS SEE

1. Pokemon Gold/Silver
Yea well who doesn't like Johto? It started an AWESOME Pokemon Revolution! I would definitely put that as #1!!!!!!!

And for the rest.......

Well I like the Mystery Dungeon Series

I like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and other sport themed Mario games, especially for the Wii,

I like Animal Crossing too! That's really involved and has SO many choices and options. Also it is one of those games with a great multiplayer!

Yea so those are a few of my faves

best nintendo game, hu? well, my vote would be pokemon crystal. I mean come on! It gave us Kris! however, i do also like the kirby games. and smash brothers is good too. :3
So yeah. pokemon crstal and smash bros meele. that's my opinion. :lol:

1. Pokemon Black
2.Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
3.Kirby's Epic Yarn
4.Super Smash Bros Brawl
5.The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

The official Nintendo Magazine released this list last year.
There are some things I really disagree with, such as putting Mario Kart - Wii as the best Mario Kart and placing Tetris as low down as number 5...It should have been number 2 at worst, the only other game that competes is Banjo-Kazooie which they put at 36.

I think they greatly underestimated just how stupid the Wii is as a console as they made this list, though perhaps the best Wii game is only number 3 reflects this, in an age where we have the best technology, we can't make good games :(

Or maybe the Wii controller is just stupid :)
Hey! The Wii is a good console! Sure, a lot of its games are crap, but the handful of gems more than makes up for it.

And the Wii controller usually works good, it just requires practice.

A list?...Uh...

I think that my list would suck, so Im not making one.

Edit: Oh, fine

1. Pokemon Black/White
2. Pokemon Emerald
3. New Super Mario Bros Wii
4. Super Smash Bros Brawl
5. Zelda Wind Waker

Just off the top of my head...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom