• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best place to level up for Elite Four?

Try4ce

Reaction score
Training for the Elite Four is getting a little tedious. The team I want to go in with is 51, 50, 50, 48, 42, and 41. Obviously, this doesn't quite cut it. Anywhere in particular that would be great for leveling? In case it would be helpful, my two lower-levels are Gastrodon and Noctowl. I'm looking for leveling speed here.

I just battled the Elite Four themselves. If you're not being trounced too badly, and if money isn't too much of an issue, you should be able to get quite a bit of experience off them. The best part is that if you actually manage to win by accident (as happened to me) then you've managed to do what you came for. =)

I found that you don't tend to lose much money on this E4. I earned about 6840 on the first match, I didn't keep track of the other E4 members payouts at first* but I did check how much I lost when I fought the champ: 6300, and I had a good amount of money to start with. So yeah, not a problem.

* On my last run through, I made a note of what each E4 member gives you. Still, I earned more than I would lose later in the first battle:
Aaron: 6400
Bertha: 7080
Flint: 7320
(4th): 7560 - yeh never made note of the name
Cynthia - 13200

I bet this is on other sites like Serebii, but nm lol.

Victory Road is good, especially if you didn't explore it fully, I found two pairs of trainers I hadn't fought yet. Though I was reminded of those weird ramp things that you supposably use the bikes to get over. I'll never know :S

Go all over Sinnoh to the places where you dodged around trainers. I found a lot of decent trainers in Routes 217/216, especially in the part of Route 216 on the top of a Rock-Climb cliff... four were up there, methinks, and a few decent items. Also, you can go back to Route 223/Victory Road to look for other trainers roaring to battle. :p

What I did, though, was just run through the Elite Four over and over again (which helps you get cash, too, so wear an Amulet Coin :p). I would beat Aaron, Bertha, Flint, and then lose on Lucian (so as to not waste items). You make about 34k a pop this way (first three trainer's prize mahnies x2, - 6k for losing).

I'd get your Gastrodon and Noctowl up to Lv.48 at least(Victory Road works well for that, along with VS-seeking certain trainers. Pity the VS Seeker doesn't work in caves, though), then start running through the E4 again and again until you win. You'd be surprised at how low a level range you can get away with, actually. (heck, I find that lately I've been beating the E4 of various games on what I intended to be nothing more than suicide runs to gain EXP to beat them "for real")

The route to the left of Sunyshore is a good place, but victory road is pretty good too.

The socialites near the Pokemon mansion are surprisingly useful. Their Pokemon reach up to level 60 and if you've equipped an amulet coin to your lead Pokemon, you get mad stacks.

Training for the Elite Four is getting a little tedious. The team I want to go in with is 51, 50, 50, 48, 42, and 41. Obviously, this doesn't quite cut it. Anywhere in particular that would be great for leveling? In case it would be helpful, my two lower-levels are Gastrodon and Noctowl. I'm looking for leveling speed here.[go sunyshore city then then go left onto the route closest to that city and on the far left there is a sailor with two gyrados'(i forgot how to spell it) they are at LV.53 i think this a good place to Lv.up pokemon, and to the left of him and then there is a person who i think has a luxio that isn't good for levelling up but the prize money is quite large ]

what i did was get my team to LV.50 maybe LV.55 and see how it goes, if i lose i know my team must be a bit crap so then get them up to LV.58/60

1. Quit editing the quote tags! It makes you look like you don't know how UBB code works. And you quite probably don't.

2. Quit double-posting! There's an edit button there for a reason.

Why don't you try catching and training some Pokemon in Victory Road?

There are Level 50-52 Medicham, Machoke, and Golbat in Back Rooms 2 & 3, F.Y.I.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Victory_Road_(Sinnoh)

And to help you a bit, try buying a bunch of Hyper Potions, Full Heals, and Full Restores??

It helped both my cousin and I defeat the E4.

Also, you learned the hardest rule EVER!

Don't ever miss trainers in gyms, and in other places!

Last edited:
Victory Road. I got my Lucario to Lv.67 in an hour. It took Empoleon, Quagsire, Staraptor, Rapidash, and Luxray about 2 hours each to be in the 60s.

Next to Sunnyshore, there will be trainers with gyrados. Battle those. I got from lv. 60-80 that way.

Victory road, and using the VS Seeker as well.
I totally forgot what I did back then, haha.

The best place to level up for the Elite Four isn't available to you until AFTER you beat the Elite Four.

That pissed me off so much.

Try to catch a chansey with a lucky egg and train at victory road or use a super rod as gyarados gives a decent amount of exp. You can also try training within the elite four itself, and you actually earn money even if you lose.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom