• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Biggest Poke-fail?

I spent about an hour trying to catch a Yanmega with about 30 or so Ultra Balls, then I caught it with only one Pokeball. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, ONE NORMAL POKEBALL WAS ALL IT REALLY TOOK!?

In Black 2, I got stuck for a while. Somehow, I got lost, didn't see Floccesy Ranch, didn't even know it existed, and therefore couldn't challenge Cheren. Also, whenever I play an earlier generation, I keep going to the Pokemon Center to buy items -_- The gen 5 centers are maybe a little too convenient...

When I first played Silver, I was totally stuck in Blackthorn City and wasn't aware of how to get into the Gym. Even with everyone calling me to talk about the strange radio broadcast, I didn't pick up on that until the second time I rented Silver. In my defense, this was my first Pokemon game and I didn't have any guides, but I still think that was my biggest mistake out of all of the games.

In Crystal Version I couldn't locate the squirt bottle after defeating Whitney. Also, the first time I defeated Whitney I thought I had done something wrong and I had to wait awhile before getting the Plain Badge from her. I also couldn't find the HM for Fly until after defeating the Elite Four.

During a battle against a trainer, I would leave part way through for some reason. When I came back I didn't remember what I was doing, so I kept trying to catch it. Wasted a good dozen balls on that battle.

All of my friends used their Master Balls on Zekrom/Reshiram, even though you can catch it just as easily with a Quick Ball or just a normal Pokeball.

Hmm... for starters, back in Red, I tried in vain to catch the ghost Marowak (after revealing it with the Silph Scope). I was like, "I want that Marowak! Why isn't this working!?" I must've wasted 30+ Great Balls on that little obsession. In my defense, I was only like, what, 10 or so, and since I could catch any other Ghost-type reveled by the Silph Scope, why not the ghost Marowak? Apparently it doesn't work that way all the time. :dumb:

My next moment of stupidity was Whitney in Silver. After I FINALLY managed to beat her (only took like, what, 20 tries? Damn Attract and Rollout...) she started crying. I thought I had done something wrong when she wouldn't give me the badge. I was pretty well stumped for about 10 minutes before I, without thinking, walked down and the lass told me what to do. Oi! Exit brains and common sense, enter confusion. Strangely, Morty's gym didn't baffle me as badly as I thought it would, even though I did fall repeatedly. SoulSilver, on the other hand, was a different story.

Probably my most recent screw-up was my first Diamond. Other than picking Piplup as a starter (which turned out to be a mondo mistake for me, as it got its arse kicked more times than I'd rather admit), the lack of any good Fire-type killed me, especially E4 time. After I reset it, Chimchar solved both those problems. Thankfully Platinum had the brains to install more Fire-types. Along with that, trying to catch a Feebas was a nightmare. When I finally hooked one (and a Shiny to boot), I went and accidentally K.O.ed it with a weak attack. o_O

Well there was one time I caught a shiny Budew in Pearl by chaining. Id caught it at 6 on the chain which is pretty lucky. I started another chain and got it to the high 30's then it broke. I got so mad that I turned off the game, but Id forgotten to save after catching the shiny Budew. I am still mad at myself -_-

I also accidently traded a shiny over the GTS once, I was trading for a Pokemon and didnt realize I selected the wrong one to trade until it was being traded.

During a battle against a trainer, I would leave part way through for some reason. When I came back I didn't remember what I was doing, so I kept trying to catch it. Wasted a good dozen balls on that battle.

I know that feeling; once when I was playing Leaf Green I got into a battle with someone with a Psyduck, and I was watching a movie at the time so I suddenly looked down and went, "Hey! A Psyduck! Ima catch it for the Pokedex!"
I forgot Psyduck aren't even in Leaf Green! XD

I got stuck in Pastoria city for days until I searched a walkthrough online. I felt quite dumb when I realized what I have to do.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom