• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 4: Changes to the Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 4: Changes to the Region

I think that there will be some new Battle Frontier type thing, or just an update to the Battle Subway. There will probably be more cities/towns accessible, probably close by Anville Town, and they can only be accessed by train. Twist Mountain, I think, will have some kind of Team Plasma appearance, or Team Rocket cameo (Based on the anime).

I'm guessing that since they're two different games, Black City'll be in one, and White Forest in the other. Giant Chasm, since it houses the mascot, will also probably either become accessible along with Lacunosa Town and routes 11 & 12, or will get redesigned in some way. Possibly some new, more entertaining thing to do, 'cause i find Emerald to be more fun than B&W.
I bets that you'll be able to get the dragon that N doesn't, though that's not geographically related.

I'm going to say that main region will remain Unova, but the player will be able to fly/cruse to somewhere similar to the Snevil Islands. Also, I believe that the Desert Resort could be changed a bit for more exploration.

I feel that some people are getting confused about what the '2' in 'B&W2' means. I believe that:
A. They're simply paired 3rd versions.
B. There are two games to go with the theme of opposites.
C. Because B&W don't contain data on a 3rd 'Gr(e/a)y Village'.
D. Black+White=Gr(e/a)y, so an alternate form of Kyurem wouldn't be too similar to the original.

Route 4 will have houses and more purpose (on construction during Bw).
Challenger's Cave to also have more purpose.
A new region based on Sanfrancisco.
There will be a big bridge, based on the Golden gate bridge.
ALso there will be a setting based on alcatraz.

I think the gyms will look a lot different, similar to Pokemon Platinum. The construction will also end on Route 4 giving you a new place to explore. The towns and cities, however, will stay the same

I'm not exactly the most original, but I'm gonna agree that the construction on the route between Castelia and Nimbasa will be completed. I'm going to say it will get a Game Corner there, because 1.) Unova doesn't have a game corner yet and it's a good spot for one, and 2.) in the manga, Grimsley the gambler appears in that location, and it would be an interesting tie for it.

The Dreamyard will be a bit larger, and may even have a bit of a story to it. It'll be more than the location you get Munna and a place to go for a sidequest, anyways. I'm betting that BW2 might even be a prequel to BW because of the mix of Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram with the mythology behind all three, and if so then you'll get to see the Dreamyard back when it was a factory.

Rather than each Subway line leading to a certain facility, each line IS the facility. Also, when you get off at the platform after a 7-win streak, you can exit to the location that the map says it took you to (this feature only works post-game, however, and you can only take the regular Battle Subway before the Elite 4). Some of these locations are just existing spots with Subway stops at them, but some of them are new locations (most likely something like Anville Town with some small but useful feature).

Opelucid will be in between the old tradition and the new futuristic look- it'll be a small town, but just starting to implement technology. The layout will be the same, however.

The underwater temple thing will have a lot more to explore, and maybe things other than items to gather, such as maybe a one-time catch Pokemon or an event triggered by an item. Same thing with the castle in the Desert Resort. Heck, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they'll have some sort of connection to each other.

You'll be able to go up the lighthouse in Victory Garden, and most likely battle trainers. The reward is one of those showy 3D views like on the Royal Unova and in front of the Skyarrow Bridge.

[may be edited later, have to go now]

Perhaps Clay's digging in Driftveil and Twist mountain ruptured magma veins - leading to more fire type pokemon in the area and sidequests for heatran/Groudon.

The mountains will be changed to include shrines or hidden towns where you can capture pokemon from previous generations and find out more about the myths and history of Unova.

Ok then. This may be quite big XD

Ok, so as we all know the Main legendaries from BW are being merged with another legendary, known as Kyurem. The current location for Reshiram and Zekrom is dragonspiral tower, which is where the final battle with N is located. Once both N and Ghetsis are defeated, N is seen to fly away on Reshiram/Zekrom (varying depending on the game you purchased). This left many pokemon fans wondering "where did N go?". This hinted to most fans that there may infact be a sequel to BW. But what new features will Unova under go?

First off, I believe the the actual "region" will not under go any changes but more "features" to the previous maps. Many things were left "un-answered" Such as the meanings of statements made in the Abyssal ruins found in undella bay( I know they show the way, however, why the strange choice of words). Maybe it will serve a better purpose in BW2. Here is what i think.

In BW1, the eggs contained the dragons, which then morphed into their true forms for the final fight. Correct? Well in order to morph them into the most powerful form, a special egg is required. This is the new teams motive. They shall raise the Abyssal Ruins up from the water, and the player will have to venture into the ruins to obtain one of the two eggs (varying from game to game). Just like when you give giratina, the greosius orb (however you spell it), it changes form. same with reshiram and zekrom. or maybe its the other way round. you have to reobtain the eggs containing reshiram/zekrom, and give them to kyurem. it will then adapt to it, and change form.

Also, the airport in Mistralton City had little purpose, if not no purpose! Maybe once you finish the game, your enabled into the plane and can enter each region, Making it possible to capture every single pokemon to date. This would allow players to increase their pokemon party, without having to migrate. Compeditive players owuldnt have to look far to get their dream pokemon team!

we left team plasma breaking up, and the seven sages spreading their way across unova, found in a variety of spots. So we have the seven sages under arrest, flown off somewhere. But what about Ghetsis? According to good old bulbapedia:

"When the player meets the Shadow Triad for the final time, it is revealed that they rescued Ghetsis from captivity and that he is currently on the run. He has lost everything, including his Pokémon, and only the Shadow Triad are still loyal to him. For some reason, he has ordered the Shadow Triad to stop looking for him." Ghetsis - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

So ghetsis lost all his pokemon, ditched his gang and his motive. Im going to go out on a limb here and say we havent seen the last of Ghetsis. Im going to say he will make a grand entrance, when know body expects it. Maybe when the the leader of the new gang is about to deal the final blow he steps in and takes the blow? what ever happens, he will return. whether he is good or bad.....

Back to how the actual region looks :/

Due to team plasma breaking up, and Ghetsis (going out on a limb again) is on the run, this would mean a brand new gang to step up. Correct? which also means new bases scattered throughout the region. I believe these bases will be similar to the ones in Diamond and pearl. Small bases owned by admins. and then the biggest one is owned by the leader, who will give you the master balls (dont ask). as i mentioned before, the planes had little attention in this game, and maybe, the main fortress will be located in the sky, leading the player to have to enter the plane, and enter the fortress, battling admins along the way.

well there ya have it. my assumption on what the actual region will look like. i know, i kinda leaned a bit into the plot.

Thanks so much!

BB

Last edited:

There's a bridge next to the entrance of the Giant Chasm, they might add an area to that, be cause it looks like it'll go somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom