• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is changed on transfer to gen 5 to gen 5's game mechanics, including the pp of moves and base power.

If the PP of a move iss reduced in Gen V, would a poke imported from Gen IV that already knew the move suffer the reduction? What about the base power?

For example:
Hi Jump Kick is bred via egg moves onto Hitmonchan in Gen IV. It has 20 PP in this gen and a base power of 100.

Hitmonchan gets pokeshifted to Gen V. Is the base power increased to 130 and PP decreased to 10, or is the PP only decreased on moves *learned* in Gen V?
They would suffer the reduction.

Do WiFi battles have an auto-leveling feature? Someone on YouTUBE kept saying B/W lacks that for some reason.... Can't confirm it myself though....

Is there going to be any present (a figure, a character stylus, etc.) for pre-ordering Pokemon Black/White in the U.S.?

Do WiFi battles have an auto-leveling feature? Someone on YouTUBE kept saying B/W lacks that for some reason.... Can't confirm it myself though....

There is no auto-level option for the Wi-Fi Club: just Flat Mode and no rules (your Pokémon remain the same level).

In any case, Flat Mode is some sort of auto-level feature, because any Pokémon over level 50 is set to that very same level.

There is no auto-level option for the Wi-Fi Club: just Flat Mode and no rules (your Pokémon remain the same level).

In any case, Flat Mode is some sort of auto-level feature, because any Pokémon over level 50 is set to that very same level.

So any Pokemon above Level 50 will still be lowered to Level 50 I take it? I honestly expected there to be an auto-leveling feature like in the 4th Gen...... x-x

Flat battle is what is used for the VGC. All Pokémon above level 50 are auto-leveled to level 50 for the battle; but Pokémon who are level 49 or lower, remain that way.

Oooooh. So technically there still is an auto-leveling feature just not for those below level 50... Seems reasonable enough, since most of my main Pokemon are already above Level 50 anyways.

For those of you who've played--how's the length/scope of the game? Is it comparable to DPPt and HG/SS, which had plenty of things to do even after the Elite Four? I don't refer to things like contests or the battle frontier, but rather, further traditional battling and such. I see that there are rematches, but is there adequate stuf to help people train for the rematches?

if storm drain is use in a single battle does it still provide immunity to water attacks?

For those of you who've played--how's the length/scope of the game? Is it comparable to DPPt and HG/SS, which had plenty of things to do even after the Elite Four? I don't refer to things like contests or the battle frontier, but rather, further traditional battling and such. I see that there are rematches, but is there adequate stuf to help people train for the rematches?

not much more then DP, battling the battle subway and a bit more on the overall story is about it.

Anything more have come in the 3rd ver.

If a Pokémon holding a Flying Jewel uses Acrobat, is the Jewel used up before the check for whether the user has an item, causing both the 1.5x boost from the Jewel and the 2x boost from Acrobat's effect?

Last edited:
If a Pokémon holding a Flying Jewel uses Acrobat, is the Jewel used up before the check for whether the user has an item, causing both the 1.5x boost from the Jewel and the 2x boost from Acrobat's effect?

according to smogon the jewel is use first then the check for whether user is/was holding item. Just too bad scyther doesn't get acrobat.

Does Regenration heal a Pokémon when it's forced out by a move (U-Turn, Roar, etc.), or does it only work when switching out normally?

I see that there are rematches, but is there adequate stuf to help people train for the rematches?

Check the shaking grass patchs on later routes in the game. They contain many Pokemon around Level 50-70 or so, but be careful, since most areas have final stage Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Metagross that can beat teams to death if you're not careful, but they don't appear very often but when they do, they'll obviously give high Exp. depending on your Pokemon's level. Not sure about anywhere else though, but those are the major training tips for Wild Pokemon but most late game routes have Pokemon already around Level 50 similar to Stark Mountain. As I mentioned though, depending on your Pokemon's level you can possibly gain less Exp if your team is higher leveled than the potential training ground, so I suggest move from Route to Route until you find the spot best for you. If you want Trainers to battle I can't exactly give those kinds of tips, since most of my training is against Wild Pokemon rather than trainers.

The Dragonite from Fishing Spots near the Dragon Spiral Tower make perfect leveling since they appear at levels as high as 70, but they only have a 1% chance of appearing in already rare fishing spots. Similar locations have Wailmer at said levels as well much more often by the same method, as well as the occasional Wailord or two.

Check the shaking grass patchs on later routes in the game. They contain many Pokemon around Level 50-70 or so, but be careful, since most areas have final stage Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Metagross that can beat teams to death if you're not careful, but they don't appear very often but when they do, they'll obviously give high Exp. depending on your Pokemon's level. Not sure about anywhere else though, but those are the major training tips for Wild Pokemon but most late game routes have Pokemon already around Level 50 similar to Stark Mountain. As I mentioned though, depending on your Pokemon's level you can possibly gain less Exp if your team is higher leveled than the potential training ground, so I suggest move from Route to Route until you find the spot best for you. If you want Trainers to battle I can't exactly give those kinds of tips, since most of my training is against Wild Pokemon rather than trainers.

The Dragonite from Fishing Spots near the Dragon Spiral Tower make perfect leveling since they appear at levels as high as 70, but they only have a 1% chance of appearing in already rare fishing spots. Similar locations have Wailmer at said levels as well much more often by the same method, as well as the occasional Wailord or two.
There are good trainers after E4 in Raimon City's sports domes, can be battled everyday. All of them over level 60. (I remember up to level 67)

I have a question about random matches, how does the rating system work?? Is a lower number better or higher?? Probably a dumb question but for some reason I don't get it.

I seem to have terrible luck with the Dream World - all the Pokémon I've got (minus NidoranF and Arceus) are male. I read on bulbagarden that if a DW Pokémon is bred with a Ditto, the Ditto acts as the male. Does this also count when breeding a male Pokémon with Ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom