• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What City is the department store in this game?

Are you able to catch Pawniard in the wild before you catch Reshiram/Zekrom?

Thanks.

They can both be found on Route 9, west of Opelucid City.

As for my question...

Are Japanese versions of Black and White compatible with international versions for Entralink?

A problem of Legendary proportions (pun intended)

Edit: Never mind, found the questions and answers thread on the current event forum

Last edited:
I haven't got the games yet but I want to be ready for it.
When I battle with Zekrom against N's Reshiram (I'm gonna play White) I wanna use it's signature move, Fusion Bolt, but to make the move go great I need to attack last.
Now, considering that both Pokes are UT and have the same Speed stat, how do I know if I'll attack last, and how do I make Zekrom do it?

I haven't got the games yet but I want to be ready for it.
When I battle with Zekrom against N's Reshiram (I'm gonna play White) I wanna use it's signature move, Fusion Bolt, but to make the move go great I need to attack last.
Now, considering that both Pokes are UT and have the same Speed stat, how do I know if I'll attack last, and how do I make Zekrom do it?

You will. There will be a level difference. Usually, that nudges your Speed to slightly lower than the opponent. Don't forget the fact that the opponent is of a higher level.

Are Japanese versions of Black and White compatible with international versions for Entralink?
They are.
You are correct. However, you can still only ride the Royal Unova after you get the National Dex.
Also to clarify this, according to the strategy guide you only get RageCandyBars when the Royal Unova has 6 battleable trainers, which is only on a Saturday.

Last edited:
They are.Also to clarify this, according to the strategy guide you only get RageCandyBars when the Royal Unova has 6 battleable trainers, which is only on a Saturday.

I read that. And apparently even the one in Irricus city is post E4 only as well. Too bad not Zen Mode Darmainitan pre E4...

Do you reach route 9 before or after catching reshiram/zekrom?

Hey guys I'm not really good with the wifi kind of stuff, so I've got a question about the liberty ticket. Do I have to get that from gamestop, or can I get it when I get home and start my game?

Hey all. Hopefully this is the right place for this sort of thing;
Last night I was trying to trade with someone who owns the japanese version of the game via Wi-Fi.
At first it seemed like everything was going OK. Their little avatar appeared in the room, and their name showed up on the bottom screen.
At first I tried the monitor and selected 'trade'. They responded, and it came up with the whole 'they're trying to communicate' message, but after a while, it just went back into stand-by mode.
So I walked over to them and talked to the avatar directly. Still didn't work.
They tried to initiate the trade, but that didn't work either.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm not really good with the wifi kind of stuff, so I've got a question about the liberty ticket. Do I have to get that from gamestop, or can I get it when I get home and start my game?
You can get it at home as long as you have a connection that supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. WPA encryption can only be used when played on a DSi/XL/3DS.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to trade a non-Unova mon into Black or White from Black or White before you get the National Pokedex? I mean, other than Celebi and the Shiny Legendaries?

I was just wondering if the mechanic that governs how often the opposing pokemon avoids your attack has changed for BW? It seems to be happening a lot more than I can remember from gen IV, for example, when I was facing Cheren's Liepard with my Petilil recently, it took 5 attempts for Leech Seed to actually hit. Thanks in advance :).

HELP ME! :(

Hey I just got Pokemon White from Nintendo World. I'm in the first battle and I'm having trouble. Whenever I select the fight option and choose tackle the game doesnt use the attack and instead gives me a description of the attack and how much it does. I've tried all the buttons and nothings happened. I'm on a dsi btw and the buttons arent defective. I need help.

Hi all. When I started the game the trainer card said below my name PKMN Trainer and I found out that you change it to other types of trainer such as Ace Trainer. Are you able to change it back to PKMN Trainer, because I can't find a way to do it?

This may not be a question about part of the game but will Victini be useable in the Championships? On the website it says that "players will be limited to Pokémon from the Unova Pokédex only" but event pokémon are normally not allowed.

What does swirling dust look like? I've been trying to find the mole for 10 minutes.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to trade a non-Unova mon into Black or White from Black or White before you get the National Pokedex? I mean, other than Celebi and the Shiny Legendaries?

I obtained a Politoed via GTS Negotiations in a very early state of the game. So yes, it is possible. Where it usually shows the Unova Dex number in the Pokémon's stats, there's just empty there.

What does swirling dust look like? I've been trying to find the mole for 10 minutes.
For you to be asking that, you haven't seen it. It looks like a light-coloured pile of dust that makes crackling noises. Try a Repel if you really want Drilbur as usually you encounter Pokémon before any dust appears, especially in a small space like Wellspring Cave (which I assume is where you are).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom