• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Music Discussion

Do you like the music so far?

• Total voters
Re: How do you like the music in the game?

For me, this soundtrack ranks 2, with RSE at 1 still, and DPPt at 3. D8 Skyarrow Bridge is my favorite so far. I usually hatch eggs in the starter town, right? Not anymore! Skyarrow Bridge is perfect for hatching eggs because it's a beautiful bridge, AND that music is wonderful! <3 I feel so happy when I hear it!

I love the music that plays when you encounter N, but his room remix of it kind of creeps me out.
That's the point - it underlines how alien and abnormal N is, ad nd accomplishes this very well. It's one of the better-done pieces in the game (and almost all of the individual tracks stand up to Pokémon's great musical standard).

Personally, I really like the dynamic music - it's much better than hearing the "critical siren" in battle, and the remix of the main theme is an awesome piece in every situation where it's used. Adding in the street performers and other musicians to modify the town themes are great touch, as well. I'm very pleased with the music in this game.

Best Pokemon in-game music so far IMO. My favorites are:
Low HP music
Rival Battle Music
Striaton City
Ghetsis Battle
Legendary Battle
Bicycle
Title Screen

Yeah, most of the tracks on the game are really good.

My faves right now are:
the E4 battle theme
The Hall of Fame theme
Accumula Town's theme
The Battle Subway Trainer Battle Theme
and the Route gate place theme (u know. where you find the electronic information board.)

Did anyone notice this?

When I was playing Pokemon Black, I was in Celestial tower and Dragonspiral Tower, the music there sounded almost excactly like the Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past Dungeon theme. Discuss this and other things noticed whether it be a reference or music.

Re: Did anyone notice this?

Oh neat, I thought Celestial Towers music sounded familiar. Initially, it reminded me of Chrono Trigger.

Re: Did anyone notice this?

Ha, it reminded me slightly of the Hollow Bastion music from Kingdom Hearts.

Many people are noticing familiarity in the music of B/W.

The soundtrack took me a while to get used to, but now it's one of my favorites. I could listen to it all day (and sometimes do xD). There's really not a song in the game that I dislike... I also love that it's sort of a throwback to generation 1. Especially the trainer battle theme.

And the N Final Battle theme...it's beats took me by the soul. *_*

I was under the impression it was chanting "Ghetsis". Mind you, I was also watching Glee at the time...so I could be wrong.

I thought it might have something to do with the Genosect/DENNIS meme (since Team Plasma was behind Genosect's creation), but I can't swear to that either.

^ The dennis meme came after hearing the chant. But it really does chant Gheeeeeeet SIS! lol Epic.

Best soundtrack ever in a Pokemon game. I thought that R/S/E would forever hold that title, but the music in this game is just classic. I like too many titles to name them all.

Heres hoping for a r/s/e remake so that we can have the best pokemon music generation!

I like Driftveil's theme, even though it sounds like some busy Chinese city.

I like the:

Intro theme
Team Plasma's battle music
Ghetsis battle music
Rival battle music
Gym Leader battle music
Accumula Town's theme (with piano and drums)
Route 10's theme
Emotion theme
Surfing theme
Biking theme
Opelucid City theme (White)
Pinwheel Forest (interior) theme

However, I did not get the repeated chanting of DEEEEEEEEENIS! DEEEEEEEEEEENIS! DEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIS! throughout the entire battle.

Wow. People are still on about "Dennis"?

That's arguably the best part of the song, since it's mainly repetitive drums.

I like the:

Intro theme
Team Plasma's battle music
Rival battle music
Accumula Town's theme (with piano and drums)
Route 10's theme
Emotion theme
Biking theme
Opelucid City theme (White)

Those, plus:

Undella Town in the fall (it's MD-ish. Always a good thing)
Victini/Musketeer battle music
Gym Leader (last Pokémon) battle music
N's battle music (if you notice, there's a clock in the background the last time around)

Anyway, I'd say overall BW has the best music in the series, after MD Sky.

I'm... actually not a huge fan of the new music, to be honest. I find it really repetitive, especially in Castelia and Nimbasa.

Ghetsis: I said... *picks up a gun and shoots a Grunt* QUIT CALLING ME DENNIS!!!

^Whoever gets the reference gets $100.

I think another favorite of mine is the Relic Castle theme. I'm not sure why though...

Overall it wasn't favourite. It was very nice, but many other Pokemon games had done better music. I LOVED the rival battle theme, and quite a few other tracks. I still think Platinum is the best music wise(and possibly gameplay wise). Still it was awesome music, just out done by some others.

Omg, I just love it! I think I've never enjoyed the music in Pokémon games that much before. I have many favorites...

Driftveil City
Icirrus City
Castelia City
Opelucid City (White version :D)
Nimbasa City
Mistralton City
Cold Storage Building
Dreamyard / Pinwheel Forest / Moor of Icirrus
Victory Road
Route 10
Rival Battle
Gym Leader Battle
Team Plasma Battle
Wild Pokémon Battle (the special version)
Alder's Theme
Cheren's Theme

... There are probably more that I like. xD But in a nutshell, the music in Black & White = pure awesomeness. <3

Last edited:

Getsis' theme, lol. It was really cool. Shame he wasn't too hard to beat so I could have listened to it for longer.

edit: Oh, and N's toy room theme. Can you re-enter that place after you've beaten the game? You better be able to, lol.

The soundtrack is fantastic! Team Plasma battle theme never gets old, and so does Driftveil City's.

Oh, and N's toy room theme. Can you re-enter that place after you've beaten the game? You better be able to, lol.

Unfortunatly, no, you can't.

Back
Top Bottom