• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black & White Speculation Contest - Week 2: The Professor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM THE 10th ENTRY WHO SAY PINE!

アカマツ Japanese Red Pine to be specific, and just in case the first 9 people don't change their minds.

Reason... I said Tai Wan on the region speculation thread, and pine is quite common there... yeah.

I think that the Japanese name will translate roughly to "Professor Ebony", as a member of the Diospyros family of trees that are ebony or persimmon trees. As the origin of the name is more important than the sound of the name itself, I'll avoid providing an explicit japanese name.

Although not part of my guess, I expect the English name to be Professor Myrtle, as a reference to Diospyros pentamera, or Myrtle Ebony.

I think it'll be something like Professor Ambrosia. Ambrosia
I think this because each of the professors have been somewhat obscure plants, but plants that many people still know of, and I believe ambrosia is similar to that.

Prof. Evergreen? I dunno , I'm not gonna guess.:-/

I think the name form the Professor could derive from Privet (Ligustrum), according to Wikipedia the Genus in Japanese is something like Ibotanoki.

I'd say Professor Bark, after the bark of a tree.

I say let's wait and see, and I do think we're in for a female professor though.

I think that the Japanese name will translate roughly to "Professor Ebony", as a member of the Diospyros family of trees that are ebony or persimmon trees. As the origin of the name is more important than the sound of the name itself, I'll avoid providing an explicit japanese name.

Although not part of my guess, I expect the English name to be Professor Myrtle, as a reference to Diospyros pentamera, or Myrtle Ebony.

Ebony? Will it be the first time a black person would be important in a mainstream Pokemon game?

Professor Toadstool, obviously. Well, probably not. It would be a neat crossover, but the Pokemon Company is sort of seperate from Nintendo, thus it is unlikely.

As all of the earlier prof. names are easily recognizable, I think Professor Spruce would be the name.

I chose the dog wood tree simply because its my favorite tree. the name I'm go with is Professor Kousa, taken from the Kousa Dogwood(The Japanese Flowering Dogwood). The named translated to english could be like Professor Dogwood. I'm sure i made a good choice with Professor Kousa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kousa_Dogwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom