• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black & White Speculation Contest - Week 4: Your Poké Accessory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
For the forth of our speculation contests, we'd like for you all to guess at the names and functions of the accessory your trainer will carry around in Black & White.

Ever since the 2nd generation of games, our trainers have been carrying around some kind of special accessory that assists them in their travels. The Pokégear, PokéNav, and Pokétch have each had a remarkable number and variance of functions available, some useful, others probably just included to show off the DS touch screen. ^^;

For your guesses, we want you to give us both a name, and a full list of functions. The name will be the main thing we'll judge entries on later, but in the event of multiple people with the same name, the one with the most complete list of functions actually included (with the least functions not in there) will win.

Remember also, while you can discuss things and make as many guesses as you like, only your final guess counts. So if you're the 10th person to suggest the same thing, but the first 9 people changed their minds, and you didn't, then if that ended up being the right answer, you'd win.

To clarify that further, since so many people have been doing it in the earlier contests...
You can not make multiple guesses in one post. If you're starting to say things like this OR this, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. If you're offering multiple possibilities for the same Pokémon in the same post, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.
I hope that's clear enough.

This thread will be closed in a weeks time for our 5th speculation contest. In the event that the information is leaked or announced before the end of that period, the thread will be closed immediately, and the closest guess before that will win. Otherwise, the winner will be decided when we actually find out what will be in the games.

Poketop (Pokemon Laptop)

Functions: Time, Map, Daycare Checker, Current Party, E-Mail, etc.

Ipoke
a i phone with:
phone
time
itemfinder
vs-seeker
map
accesses to bag
and a few useless features like the poketch had

PokeTap

Features
Map app- Shows the map of Isshu and gives details on the places you have visited.
Weather app- Shows you what sort of weather is present in a certain area.
Happiness app- Shows you how happy or sad your pokemon is.
Phone app- Allows you to store phone numbers
Radio app- Gives you insight on all the happenings in the region.
Notepad app- Allows you to take notes on something if the need arises.
Berry app- Notifies you about the progress of the berries you have planted.
Itemfinder app- Used to find hidden items
Clock app- Shows the time
Pedometer app- Counts your steps
Radar app- Keeps track of pokeradar activities
Calculator app- whatever...

Last edited:
PokePal

like the Poketech, but a little different.

Apps:

Time
Happiness Check
Date
Calculator
Item Finder
Map
Berry Checker
A Button (pressing the screen is like pushing the "A" Button)
Radio

Pokepad
like the Poketech
I predict one of new the apps will be ability to see swarms and a better drawing pad.
I think otherwise it will have updated versions of the same apps as last gen minus the dot app.

Last edited:
Hmm...

The PokePad. I think the DS's touchscreen will be implemented to give us some sort of little tablet computer thingy.

Functions: Phone, party checker, daycare checker, various maps, itemfinder, happiness checker, and so on. Perhaps also a box checker? While I don't expect you'll be able to switch Pokemon from box storage on the fly, being able to look at your collection remotely would be interesting. I also predict some degree of customisation, at least as much as the PokeGear in HGSS.

EDIT: DAMMIT NINJA'D BY LESS THEN A MINUTE WHAT ARE THE CHANCES

EDIT: Will change guess here later.

EDIT #2: An iTouch like gadget. Where you can buy applications somewhere off an in-game provider.

Last edited:
Poketouch- daycare checking, clock, map, contest times(because I think Pokemon contest should have specific times), party happiness.

Pokepad

Some functions are to: check your messages, map, accesses the inventory, time, current party, seeking matches to battle, ect.

PokePalm

Pretty much everything that was in the poketch but maybe a separate app. for pokeradar streaks.

poketouch
map, phone, music, clock (with multiple functions possibly alarm or stopwatch), dowsing machine, drawing tool, calculator, pedometer, skin modifier, something to analyze pokemon variables like EV or IVs

I think it will be something like the Poketch V2.0
I mean they are wearing watches

Apps would be...
Clock (multiple? like in DPPT)
Map
Radio
Notepad
Happiness
Phone
Berry finder
Item finder

PokeBrace
list: Map-self explanitory
Phone-holds #'s, allows people to call you
Dowsing Machine-shows hidden items
VS Seeker-tells you who wants to rebattle you
Happiness-shows your party pokemon's happiness
Step counter(pedometer)-also self explanitory
Pokedex-Holds info on every Pokemon you meet
Watch-tells time
Stopwatch-times things
Pokemon Dowser-shows what Pokemon are in a certain area and how rare they are
Berry Checker-Shows were you planted berries
Roaming Pokemon Alert-Alerts you when you walk into an area with one of the roaming Pokemon in it
Daycare Checker-lets you check on the Pokemon in the Daycare and if they have had an egg

pokemac (mac coming from machine)

I believe it will have:
time
map
phone
email/message system

Pokeget (Poke-gadget)
Map
Time
Daycare Checker
Communicate with trainers

mmm... Let's see:

Pokepalm:

Comes in two colors: Blue for male and Pink for female.

It includes the functions:
Map, phone, daycare checker, radio, notepad, organizer, calculator, itemfinder, Weather checker, customization.

I also think it will not be always in the touch screen, but when used will only use one screen (Kinda like poketch combined with the pokegear.

Pokétab (shorts for Pokémon Tablét)

— Clock (Digital & Analog)
— Phone/Mail/Messaging system (means for communicate)
— Map
— Pokémon List (shows current party)
— Pedometer
— Memo pad (to jot down something)
— Calendar
— Radar
— etc.

PokéCom (Com- as communicative)

Some of it's features would include:
phone- featuring re-match calls.
radio
calculator
babysitting monitor
time
GPS- tells you where you're at, whether it be a town or route, and it can tell you how many steps away you are from a pokemon center or mart.
Step Tracker
Weather
Weakness Calculator
Matchup Checker- tells if two pokemon will like each other or not.
Dowsing Machine
Calendar
Happiness Checker
Marking Map- to track down those roaming legendary pokemon.

Last edited:
Poké-Gadget (...)

Functions:
*Clock (Basic)
*Mail (Check messages from npc's and friend players)
*Map (Wich displays more information about the current location, like weather and areas of interest)
*Notepad (So you can write and save stuff to remember later)

*And a Dowsing Machine

I guess that's all.. sorry for the lack of originality.

Oh, come on.. Everything here has been picked already.. I'll stick with it, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom