• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules Blog Rules (Updated: Sep 29, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

$aturn¥oshi

Stealin' cars.
Reaction score
Yes, we have them:

1.) General forum rules still apply. No posting of where to obtain/ask for ROMS, emulators or links to illegal downloads/streams. No discussing these either.
1a.) A minimum of 10 posts are required to post a blog.
1b.) No trolling/flamebaiting as well. These will result in an automatic infraction.
1c.) Any topic open for discussion on the forums is allowed in blogs. Even "controversial" topics concerning race issues, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
1d.) Posting about hate against fellow humans will not be tolerated.

2.) No posting several blogs together in a row. 2 blogs is fine, so long as it's not a habit. 3 or 4 is pushing it and will result in a Warning of some type. 5+ Blogs in a row will be considered SPAM.
2a.) Posting more than one blog a day is fine. So long as they are spaced out by a couple hours.​
2b.) No spamming of blogs with several comments one after another by the same user. Also, don't constantly post a comment only to delete it shortly after.
2c.) Blogs should have coherent and readable content. No posting single words or phrases continuously or posting of the same image over and over.​

3.) Advertising is okay in the blogs. You are allowed to advertise your videos, fanfics or even for other forums.

4.) No posting fanfics in blogs. There's a whole forum dedicated to just that. Also, posting your fanfic in that forum will give it the best coverage.
4a.)If you have written something and it's not exactly something that would work in the Writer's Workshop, PM a Blog Mod and get their opinion.​

5.) Same as 4 above, game trades, wants and offers belong in the Trade Center.

6.) Large images must be spoiler tagged. If it stretches the blog boarders, spoiler it. If it fills up most of your screen, spoiler it. If you aren't sure, spoiler it. The same applies to multiple (5 or more) medium to large size images.
6a.) As a suggestion, if you have very huge pics, or several large pics to post, it may be more considerate to simply post the links to the images. That way, users with slower connections can view the blog. Another method is to wrap the large image(s) in [noparse][sigimgh][/sigimgh][/noparse] tags to resize them.​
6b.) Blogs are allowed to have up to 20 images each. In addition, 1 video per blog.​
6c.) The character limit per blog post is 32,000.​

7.) The Blog Mods are as follows: $aturn¥oshi, Mako, Scarlet Enchantress, Croag and Karamazov.

Questions? Comments?

Last edited:
Re: Blog Rules

You may want to mention my pirate fic, Mom, in case some users not "in the know" point it out to you.

If they do, then I'll tell them. It's not a public issue.

All right, if you say so. I'm just worried about the possibility of the reported posts forum being swamped with reports of the chapters.

Well, now that's it's out in the open and people are all confused (thanks Jabber)...

Jabberwocky is allowed to continue his one fic in the blogs due to him having solely posted several chapters there already before I put the no fanfic rule in place.

I have a One Piece fic called The Chronicles of the Jabberwock Pirates, that was in the blogs before $aturn decided that fics weren't allowed, and it was grandfathered in.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Updated the first post to mention it and linked to the mod profiles.

2.) No posting several blogs together in a row. 2 blogs is fine, so long as it's not a habit. 3 or 4 is pushing it and will result in a Warning of some type. 5+ Blogs in a row will be considered SPAM.

Usually, my stance on this is you're good if they're an hour/half-hour apart, and if they're of different subjects.

2a.) Posting more than one blog a day is fine. So long as they are spaced out by a couple hours. For the time being, the max limit of how many blogs can be created in one day is 7.

10 seems more fair to me IMO. Or hell, technically unlimited. Even I rarely ever hit the limit (I think my most was 11 on a crazy, crazy day), but the existence of a limit brings up the potential to break it accidentally. After all, we don't have a limit on posts a day, so there should be no limit on blogs per day as long as they are informative and conform to rule 2.

4.) No posting fanfics in blogs. There's a whole forum dedicated to just that. Also, posting your fanfic in that forum will give it the best coverage. (Jabberwocky's "Chronicles" fic is the one exception until its completion.)

Considering my writer's stories got no coverage in that forum either...well, IMO this is just those peeps using their pull to get more people into their forum, but it doesn't matter or affect me. :p

Considering my writer's stories got no coverage in that forum either...well, IMO this is just those peeps using their pull to get more people into their forum, but it doesn't matter or affect me. :p

Given that my fic was one of about... two or three that I've seen, it's more of a precaution. We do have a forum for fics, and the only reason I didn't post the Chronicles there is because the characters are expies of people who hang around the blogs a lot.

@System Error: You're the only one that even comes close to the limit, and since your blogs are sufficiently spaced, it's not really an issue.

On blogs in a row, so long as it's a couple hours in between, it's fine.

Also, advertising a fic in the blogs is perfectly fine. Just don't put the whole thing in there.

3.) No posting blogs that contain only a simple pic and/or one or two words. Have the content of the blog actually say something. Moderator discretion will be used.

Hmmmm... this is starting now, correct? Because otherwise Indiana and the Power Rangers are breaking the rules.

Gosh darned Indiana residents. :mad:

Good. That means we don't have to arrest Indiana. Yet.

Curious: What are the in-Blog rules regarding advertising?

Well, my understanding of the general Forum rules in regards to advertising the services of other websites is that it is never allowed, except in signatures. What I'm asking is does the same rule apply to blogs, or are we allowed to discuss/promote the features/services of other websites in our blog-entries?

Well, my understanding of the general Forum rules in regards to advertising the services of other websites is that it is never allowed, except in signatures. What I'm asking is does the same rule apply to blogs, or are we allowed to discuss/promote the features/services of other websites in our blog-entries?

Advertising is allowed in blogs.

You should add the suggestion in the rules to use the [noparse][sigimgh][/sigimgh][/noparse] tag for larger images.

For instance, with [noparse]
[/noparse]:

399Bidoof.png

With [noparse][sigimgh][/sigimgh][/noparse]:

[sigimgh]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f5/399Bidoof.png[/sigimgh]

Much better, see?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom