• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BN's Challenge thread

I'm gonna accept all of them except @mwto's; no offence man, it's just that I use Sentret all the time, it's one of my favourite Pokemon! :) Would it be easier if I posted a specific list of Pokemon I don't want? Sorry to be awkward about this guys... :L

@BlueNostalgia; What I was trying to say is that the only Special move Magmar can learn is Flamethrower. All others are physical. However, I won't force you to teach Flamethrower to it, it's simply an option to use. ;)

Alright, here's a list of Pokemon I don't want to use, again, simply because I want to use this challenge to get to know Pokemon I've never really used before. I use these ones all the time.

Pidgey, Sentret, Rattata, Caterpie, Sandshrew, Mareep, Wooper, Gastly, Bellsprout, Abra, Exeggcute, Scyther, Heracross, Magnemite, Vulpix, Natu, Farfetch'd, Tentacool, Delibird, Swinub, Kabuto, Dratini, or Larvitar.

Obviously this applies to all of the evolutions of these Pokemon too. Other than that, I've decided I'm using Totodile as my starter, as I've mentioned, but I need someone to set me a challenge for it too. Sorry for the confusion.

i'm in!! i'll be doing it on my Diamond/Pearl no hacks or stuff like that please. and stuff like Magikarp must evolve

@BlueNostalgia; Can I do the Scrable Challenge thing? I'll be using Leafgreen or Firered. I'll place one challenge on myself though.

Here's mine: Get Eevee as soon as possible. Replace your Starter with it. I accept my own challenge.

Last edited:
@Dark Victini;

If you can trade, then on another game, make Poochyena Egg and trade it over to your Scramble Challenge game. Do this as soon as possible, which is in Sandgem town. You cannot leave Sandgem Town until the Egg hatches. Poochyena must NOT evolve.

If you can't trade, catch a Shinx as soon as possible, which the route after Sandgem Town. You must replace Shinx with your starter. Shinx must NOT evolve.

I accept the Rattata challenge @Dark Victini; Do you accept mine?

Last edited:
i accept you second one, 'cause i don't have a poochyenna in any of my gen4 games
and yay!! i get to keep a really strong and cute shinx!!!!

@BlueNostalgia; Can you put this up on your first post, the one with everyones Scramble Challenges? I'll be using Pokemon Firered Version. I'll place one Challenge on myself.
Challenges that I got so far
Get Eevee as soon as possible. Replace your Starter with it. -Challenge gave by @Shiny Shinx; Accepted

Catch a Rattata. It must stay as a Rattata until it learns Pursuit. -Challenge gave by @Dark Victini; Accepted

Challenges I gave so far

If you can't trade, catch a Shinx as soon as possible, which the route after Sandgem Town. You must replace Shinx with your starter. Shinx must NOT evolve.
-To @Dark Victini; Accepted

Challenges I will give in this post

BONUS CHALLENGE: If Shinx defeats Dialga/Palkia by itself, then Shinx is allowed to evolve. This challenge fails automanically if any other Pokemon uses a move on Dialga/Palkia, if Dialga/Palkia faints do to Struggle, if Dialga/Palkia is caught, or if Shinx faints once. -To @Dark Victini;

Catch a Pidgey, Pidgey must not evolve, and Pidgey must learn Wing Attack and keep it. Pidgey must defeat one Pokemon owned by a Gym Leader. -To @BlueNostalgia;

@mwto;
If you can trade, then make an Egg of Shinx, and trade it to your Scramble Challenge Game. Do not progress in the story until it hatches. Shinx can only evolve into Luxio if it solo's Jasmine's Steelix. Shinx/Luxio can then only evolve into Luxray if it solo's Koga's Muk, Bruno's Onix, and Karen's Umbreon, and Shinx/Luxio cannot be healed in anyway during the battles between those people. The evolution is totally optional.

If you can't trade, then catch a Vulpix as early as possible. Vulpix can only evolve if it solo's Ho-oh by itself. Vulpix can no longer evolve if: Vulpix faints once during the fight with Ho-oh, any other Pokemon uses a move on Ho-oh, if Ho-oh fainted due to Struggle, or if Ho-oh is caught.

Do you accept?

The first post is fully up to date now.

I'm busy right now, but I'll set @Dark Victini and @Shiny Shinx challenges ASAP.

Also, @Shiny Shinx, thanks for the challenge, but I refuse. I put up a list of Pokemon I don't want to use about a page back, just because i use those Pokemon all the time, and Pidgey's one of them. If you pick another Pokemon that isn't on that list, I'll be happy to accept; sorry for the confusion.

@mwto;
If you can't trade, then catch a Vulpix as early as possible. Vulpix can only evolve if it solo's Ho-oh by itself. Vulpix can no longer evolve if: Vulpix faints once during the fight with Ho-oh, any other Pokemon uses a move on Ho-oh, if Ho-oh fainted due to Struggle, or if Ho-oh is caught.

Do you accept?

I can't accept. I refuse to be unable to catch Ho-oh, and for my pokemon being unable to faint. Everything else was acceptable. Also do you accept my challenge?

@mwto;

I accept your challenge.

How about if I make the Vulpix one a bit easier by just saying it has to solo Morty by itself?
@BlueNostalgia; Ok! Thank you!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom