• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nova had on a scarf, but had no need for a jacket. He emanated his own heat, after all, like a space heater. If anyone got close, they'd find some nice, non-radioactive warmth.

Nova just closed his eyes for a moment, let out a silent breath, and walked in the opposite direction of the group. "I'll catch up," he said. It was curt, a far more abrupt phrase than his typically calm and collected tone. The next words left his mouth without him realizing. "Let's hope nothing else falls apart before I get back."

That ring in his pocket felt far heavier, now.

Juliet started to call out to Nova. She heard the anger in his tone and the hurt in his words. Even in her current state she knew that something was very wrong. She cut herself off when she felt his emotions. She had done it. She had hurt the one person she loved most... and it stung. "He isn't okay." Juliet said softly as the tears began to wet her cheeks. She couldn't finish the thought.

"I'll go," Kai simply said as he began walking in the direction Nova had gone. "We'll catch up to you."

Liza looked at them for a moment, still confused about what had happened.

"Anyways, let us get going on our end," Sakura insisted as she began walking. "You guys can worry about that drama later."

"I've never been to the mountains before," Curtis admitted as he walked with the remainder of the group. "Or anywhere, really, before joining the guild." He then sighed in frustration as his glasses fogged up for the fifth time since they arrived and attempted to take them off with his numb frozen fingers so he could clean them, again.

For his winter wear, he had chosen to wear a black beanie, a grey hoodie underneath a zipped up navy blue parka, black cargo pants and a pair of dark brown winter boots.

"All aboard the Polar Bear Express," Bria spoke as she changed into a polar bear.

Juliet hopped on Bria once she finished changing forms. "Thanks." She said quietly. Juliet was focused on the mystery of what she did to Nova. Once she found that out, she'd be able to fix it. Wipe his memory, wipe the memories of any other witnesses, make sure her mother didn't find out. Very straightforward.

"Too late," came Sakura's voice from inside Juliet's head. "Do you really think that's the best choice? just wipe out any evidence of you messing up?"

"We haven't even stepped out of the station Ant," Liza pointed out as the group made it through the entrance of the station. The resort stood not too far from where they were, made up of multiple buildings all surrounded a larger wooden cottage that stood proudly on the mountain, shrouded in snow. "There it is."

I'd complain about you breaking into my mind but even I realize I have no moral high ground here. Juliet sighed out loud. So much for preventing her mother from finding out. Perhaps, perhaps not. She conceded the point. If it's what it takes to preserve everything... than I suppose it's what I'll have to do. It's what I did for Rick and for Ammy and why can't I do it for myself?

Because, unlike those situations where it was necessary to do it to stop really bad things from happening this time you'll only be doing it to save your own tail Sakura intercepted, her tone didn't sound strict or anything, instead it was as monotone as it could possibly be. You messed up with your boyfriend and you gotta figure out why and how to fix it.

I did promise him I would never break into his mind. So I suppose I should keep that promise. Juliet eventually said. She clearly didn't sound all that happy about it. Did you and Dad... did you two ever try to... get into each other's minds without permission?

Mordic assumed her wendigo form and bent her head to Rick's level, allowing him to climb on.

The wendigo let out a grunt, raising her head back to its prior position, thus putting Rick at about 15 feet high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom