• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brock's Croagunk vs Cilan's Stunfisk

Who would win in a battle?

• Croagunk

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Stunfisk

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I voted for Croagunk, it's no contest for me, in a battle I could see Croagunk winning over Stunfisk. Croagunk did some heavy damage to Paul's massive tank of a starter a.k.a Torterra with one Brick Break and was without a doubt Brock's main battler in DP. Croagunk faced off against Katsumi's Infernape in one of the most expensive scenes of close range fighting I've ever seen in Pokemon, Croagunk went head-up against Saturn's Toxicroak and two Scizor too. Unfortunately, despite holding the title of Brock's heaviest battler in DP, he didn't battle much(Or get a new move.) due to the sheer fact DP was pretty much the Ash and Dawn Show. Overall, Croagunk impressed me more than Stunfisk and I could see him winning unless Stunfisk is revealed to know a strong super-effective move like Fissure prior to the battle. Even then I don't think Croagunk is just sitting around reading comic books while Brock is doing Doctor stuff with Chansey, I imagine he should at least have a fourth move in his arsenal by now.

In terms of personality, that award once again goes Croagunk. Croagunk ended up being more popular than he was originally planned to be if the merchandise behind is anything to go by and I think it's really cool to not have a traditionally cute Pokemon as a mascot, Croagunk got a C-Gear skin, an immense amount of merch, and ended up being one of the most marketable DP Pokemon. Croagunk has an aura of cool imo, he pretty much anticipated Team Galatic's attack before it happened for the Lustrous Orb and he also was the one who awoke Brock and ended up saving the day ultimately in the Mismagius filler episode and let's not forget he's also on the watch for Brock, like nailing a stray Dark Pulse that almost hit him when Galatic was in Veilstone City, or when Buneary was spying on the group it seems like Croagunk has a knack for foreseeing certain troubling events. He's a good cosplayer too. :p His constant Poison Jabbing Brock got old but overall I thought he was a good Pokemon.

I'm not a huge fan of Stunfisk, I don't hate it though. I just never got the appeal of it, even looking back I still think that Stunfisk was a poor choice of Pokemon for Cilan. I realized they probably wanted two unevolving Electric-types for Iris and Cilan for the Club Battle but Stunfisk just never appealed to me, despite me really liking Electric-types. I don't care for its "derp" factor that quite a few seem to hold in high-regard, I always thought after its debut its was forgettable and stupid-looking. Though Stunfisk had a strong debut episode and a fun quick battle against Swanna, I just can't see much else to care about especially when I don't find it all that interesting, underused, unmemorable in personality. Its ability of flight was a fun little quirk though.

Last edited:
In battle, Stunfisk wins, because they are both weak and Stunfisk gets the type advantage. YET, if it is which one I like most, it's Croagunk no contest! JAB JAB JAB-JAB-JAB! xxD

Croagunk. It actually did more and it did badass stuff like blocking that attack in the Darkrai movie and battling Paul's Torterra. I don't see Stunfisk all that often and it doesn't have many memorable moments.

While I prefer Stunfisk, I really think Croagunk would win in a battle; it has a lot of great moves and has a lot perseverance. I'd go so far as to say that it's one of the more power Pokemon on the main cast. Stunfisk hasn't really shown any independence or creativity like Croagunk, and would probably rely on Cilan's coordination to even last long in a match.

Croagunk is a very battle-oriented Pokemon, while Stunfisk's strengths lie outside of battle, in comedy and mean jokes.

I actually think the Ground typed Stunfisk would win this one, Croagunk's weak against those Mud Bombs and would not like a possible burn from Scald, while Stunfisk resists two of Croagunk's three moves. I'd say the Derpfish has this one in the bag.

Croagunk for sheer resilience alone. Brock's Croagunk has always reminded a little of Ash's Snivy, both are withdrawn but very protective of their trainers and friends. I think Croag would beat Stunfisk quite easily, given it's move set and Brock's mentoring.

Back
Top Bottom