• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Bug/Steel Battle - Who Will Rule Them All?

Shift

Button Pusher
Reaction score
Technically, you can now have a whole team of nothing but unique bug/steel critters to command. But which of these single iron insects will reign supreme? (And no, let's not leap to the obvious choice just yet.)

Here they are!

Ani212MS.png
The Highly-Powerful and OU'ed Scizor?

Ani205MS.png
The highly-defensive, Spike-spammer Forretress?

Ani413SMS.png
The way underused Wormadim in its Trash Cloak?

Ani589MS.png
The slow but extremelly-powerful Escavier?

Ani632MS.png
The ant with the potential to be a huge sweeper, Durant?

Ani649MS.png
Or the most powerful (and rarest) of them all, Genesect?

So, who will be the victor based on...
*Battle prowess?
*Looks?
*Just 'cause?

What will you vote for?

Let the voting begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Genosect using its signature move, with the Fire cassette, would win, burning its fellow comrades. But, I prefer either Forretress or Scizor, Defense and Attack, that's all. :D

Technician.

Bullet Punch.

STAB

Gee, I wonder who wins?

SCIZOR!

Looks and overall Badassery? Genesect.

Usability and still badassery and will probably still dominate in the longrun? Scizor.

IMO this is a tough choice to make between Scizor and Chevargot (I know I'm messing up it's name :3). The others are easily dumped behind.
Guess I'll go for Scizor. Best design out there and I hear it's pretty useful in battle.

Technician.

Bullet Punch.

STAB

Gee, I wonder who wins?

SCIZOR!

This.

Scizor is one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon, so of course I'm voting for him.

The others... I don't really care much about.

I chose Genosect.
I love Forretress and Scizor, but the latter is kinda overrated now. With everyone spamming him in battles and such. Fighting him, and killing him every 2 battles or so gets boring after a while.

I'm with Forretress all the way. Pineco is my second favorite second generation.

Who would win in an all-out brawl between them? If Genesect has either Blaze Techno Buster or just Flamethrower, it's an automatic winner, LOL.

Bullet Punch + Technician + STAB= Awesome Scizor!

Plus, just look at my name..

Yeah, Scizor wins this really, really easily for me. It's my all time favorite mon, and I use it on almost all of my teams. Foretress is also good though, so he gets second place. Most people shut him out, but he's got a niche.

Scizor, due to design and Bullet Punch.

Scizor is the best. It has an awesome attack stat and Bullet Punch and Technician are great.

I picked only Forretress, Shubarugo, Wormadam and Genosect.

Forretress is a defensive Pokemon, and I like defensive Pokemon. Shubarugo is quite powerful and very sturdy, and has a very interesting evolution method, which is always a plus, plus that jousting motif and knight in shining armour is a very nice touch. Wormadam looks really funny in trash, and Genosect is quite a powerful predator and has the ability to shoot lasers, which is no doubt something new for a Pokemon (beams don't count).

I could choose Aianto, but I didn't feel it, and to the Scizor fans, I apologise for not picking him/her, because I also don't feel the magic. Sure, powerful is one thing, but I am not interested in the power that you all are captivated at.

Thanks for reading.

Battle Prowess: Genosect. A pure offensive force, plus it could decimate the other Bug/Steels because of their mediocre (for the most part) special defenses.
Looks: Scizor, Forretress, and Genosect. Ainto's kinda bland. Shubarugo doesn't look particularly great. Wormadam just plain sucks.
Just 'cause: Genosect, for being the first Bug-type Legendary. Scizor and Forretress still have my love, however.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom