• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

I'd also not roleblock lissi twice in a row?
I don't do random ass actions like this, I often do suboptimal kills early on but I always try to optimize my actions.
If I were to roleblock someone it would've been more experienced players, not someone who was barely engaging with the game.

I pushed her early on because I had the feeling she was not playing as Town, and I was right, she wasn't Town.
This is the very proof that I am trying to note scummy behavior in the thread despite being busy irl.

And Quasar wasn't particularly townie?

If I were to kill someone based on how they're being perceived I'd've killed Jamie or Caps.
The former for the Stormy push, and the latter for being able to link mudkip to Stormy.

Vote Count: Ahead of Schedule Edition
Othinus: I (ExLight)
Phantom345: I (JamieIsBored)
Midorikawa: I (mastermind lissi)
mastermind lissi: I (Quasar_Catfish)
Quasar_Catfish: I (guzmania)
JamieIsBored: I (Othinus)
Not Voting (8): Mido, Caps, Stinger, Phantom, Mudkipz, Divergent, Toast, Mao
Final Vote Count for Day One:
Midorikawa: I (mastermind lissi)
mastermind lissi: I (Quasar_Catfish)
Quasar_Catfish: II (guzmania, StormyStinger)
JamieIsBored: I (Othinus)
StormyStinger: II (ExLight, JamieIsBored)
Marshmallowmao: I (toastghost)
Not Voting (6): Mido, Caps, Phantom, Mudkipz, Divergent
Policy vote on Othinus from Ex and then a vote on me that was walked back during N1. Not much info here tbh. Fixed the Divergent comma issue at the end of Day 1 votals if that was annoying anyone else.
D2 Vote Count: JamieIsNotBoredPlayingMafia Edition:
StormyStinger: III (Midorikawa, JamieIsBored, Othinus)
mastermind lissi: I (ExLight)
toastghost: I (TheCapsFan)
Not voting (8): Lissi, Guz, Quas, Stinger, Mudkipz, Divergent, Toast, Mao
D2 Final Vote Count
StormyStinger: IV (Midorikawa, JamieIsBored, Othinus, Divergent)
mastermind lissi: I (ExLight)
toastghost: I (TheCapsFan)
Not Voting (7): Lissi, Guz, Quas, Stinger, Mudkipz, Toast, Mao
Didn't think it was, but confirms the vote on Stinger from Othinus wasn't a bus, of the 3 other players who voted Stinger I'd say Mido and Divergent are currently lower on my reads list. I don't think Mido would silence herself as scum, so if there was a busser, my money's on Divergent.
D3 Final Vote Count:
itsjustmudkipz: VIII (Othinus, mastermind lissi, toastghost, Divergent, TheCapsFan, Quasar_Catfish, JamieIsBored, Midorikawa
Not Voting (3): Ex, Mudkipz, Mao
Not much info from this.
D4 Early Vote count:
toastghost: II (Othinus, Divergent)
TheCapsFan: I (Midorikawa)
mastermind lissi: I (toastghost)
Midorikawa: II (ExLight, TheCapsFan)
Not Voting (3): Lissi, Jamie, Mao
Final Votals for Day Four:
toastghost: I (Othinus)
mastermind lissi: V (toastghost, JamieIsBored, Midorikawa, TheCapsFan, Divergent)
Midorikawa: I (ExLight)
Not voting (2): Lissi, Mao
Noting that Divergent did a pretty late switch to Lissi as that's all that's different from the middle of the day 4 votals. I don't think Othinus was around much for the last 48 hours so we won't know their thoughts on how the day developed, their vote on Toast was in the POE though so they seemed to share some similar ideas to the thread.

Anyways, my suspicion on ExLight is still there. I believe he had Silent Hill, destroyed it, and then, built the Nether last night. It checks out because there are currently 6 buildings and 6 players who can only have 1 building each.
In fact I can actually prove this logic is wrong right now. :tentacruel:
I received, peeked (N1), and destroyed (N2) the Mushroom Kingdom blueprint when the Silent Hill one was already built.

It would be impossible for me to have the Silent Hill blueprint at the time if each player can only have 1 Building; and also impossible for me to be going around blocking Lissi on these Nights since I was using blueprint actions instead.

I'll enter in more detail on what the Mushroom Kingdom but it had two roles, and was basically a Ninja Flavorcop for Blueprint, and a 1x random action among a pool which included (Doctor, Poisoner, Vigilante, Fruit Vendor, and Roleblocker). I thought it was ass and wanted to play safe and avoid a potential scum role that could steal it.

this + silent hill being destroyed seperately rules out any possibility of lissi faking the block in my mind. so now i'm curious as to the motivation between targeting lissi with that specifically? if scum was worried she had a power role or something it seems like a really random assumption, and with the scums we have so far they definitely seem more like the type to target veterans since they're more intimidating.
Blocker was only around when Mudkipz was there iirc, could have been that Mudkipz just kept picking Lissi because they were friends. Blocker could also have been 2-shot tbf.
Hello I've been sick since yesterday and still taking a rest, so I'll be taking this phase a little slow.

Anyways, my suspicion on ExLight is still there. I believe he had Silent Hill, destroyed it, and then, built the Nether last night. It checks out because there are currently 6 buildings and 6 players who can only have 1 building each.

Outside of that, my suspicion of him started when Lissi's alignment was revealed. Taking into account that Lissi told the truth about everything that happened, his gameplay definitely looks weaker in my eyes. Besides the D1 vote on Stinger, his behavior in the succeeding days don't hold up too well.

D1: votes Stinger for an understandable reason; the game was not very active then and so, the likelihood of him going was not that high, but if he did go, he gains a lot of town cred

D2: seemingly his suspicion on Stinger was gone and instead focuses the day on Lissi. Given the heat on Stinger, he blocked Lissi the previous night to provide an alternate option for the next day and hopefully buy even 1 day for Stinger. However, even if it didn't work, it builds up a potential mis-elim on Lissi on a later day.

D3: blocks Lissi again to solidify people's suspicion on Lissi, but doesn't immediately vote her. It seemed like he was checking whether it would be a viable push to make while there were still 2 votes on Mudkipz.

D4: silences Mido since Mido was barely outside the PoE with some players suspecting her and other players seeing her as towny, and also that it could be a meta action based on the knowledge that Mido has been known to fake post restrictions.

As for the seemingly random NKs, ExLight has already stated that he has a similar mindset and would go for an inactive (Phantom). For Quasar, outside of his general towniness, I think he was targeted because he has the most mechanical knowledge on the set-up and would be one to catch that there's something odd with his claim of not having any buildings atm.

For Othinus, it's not particularly odd because he was practically conf town anyway and it would be better to keep as many people in the PoE alive. And a better target over Jamie since Jamie has a stronger townread on him.

Vote: ExLight
Lissi suspicion roleblocks could come from anyone imo. Just because they weren't pushing it doesn't mean that scum weren't trying to frame her.
Mido silence again not particularly indicative, Mido was the weakest of those on the Stinger wagon especially with her tendency to bus.

Point on Othinus I will give you though. That is a good explanation of why I'd be allowed to survive over them.

you can't have two buildings, you have to destroy one
This is impossible, because I do not have a building and Calvin is saying we currently have 6 buildings built, so someone MUST have two buldings.
If nobody claims to have two buildings I'll assume scum has a special ability that allows them to have 2 buildings.

@Calvinッ can you please double check if the built buildings in your post are correct?

Also @Calvinッ I appear to not be in the mentions anymore.
Sorry, i'll get you in the next ones, I think I copied one of your mention lists at some point and you wouldn't have included yourself. That's what plagiarizing gets you :p

@Calvinッ can you please double check if the built buildings are correct?
They're correct yeah

I do not, but if you are telling the truth about having Manhattan then I think we can assume that someone does have 2. My bet is on last scum because they got stomped so hard :swirlix:
I'm thinking that too, and I think scum would try to weaponize this as an argument to push for a mislynch.

Although if they can carry multiple would they destroy Silent Hill to free space for another blueprint or is it just to play safe in case someone can see them?

Although if they can carry multiple would they destroy Silent Hill to free space for another blueprint or is it just to play safe in case someone can see them?
6 Slots, 6 players. With one claim of no building that means either you are scum and have a building built already or one player already has 2 built. I would assume scum would be capped at 2, in order to ensure they don't get too OP.

Pokémon Center
Hyrule Field
Azeroth

Arkham Asylum
Lumbridge
The Nether
Updated what buildings are scummy (to Jamie), Day 5 edition. Lumbridge is the starting Runescape town and the Nether is quite literally hell so. Wouldn't be surprised if scum had both Arkham and The Nether, but it could be one towny ability and the Nether.

This is also wrong because the chance of Stormy getting lynched was fairly high, as he ended up being the leading wagon and if anyone else had voted him last second it would've guaranteed his lynch.
It wasn't a RNG vote, I PUSHED for him and accused him of throwing shade and rolefishing, and I supported people to vote him with me. It would be nonsensical for me as scum to do that and then when he's about to get lynched for me to hop off his wagon - which is the only way he wouldn't get lynched.
This is valid, but I'm still wondering, if you pushed for him, why did you stop doing so on Day 2? It's weird that you stopped talking about him for most of N1 and D2, and only mentioned him again to say that you're disappointed that scum would bus their own teammate instead of making another push.

I'd also not roleblock lissi twice in a row?
I don't do random ass actions like this, I often do suboptimal kills early on but I always try to optimize my actions.
If I were to roleblock someone it would've been more experienced players, not someone who was barely engaging with the game.

I pushed her early on because I had the feeling she was not playing as Town, and I was right, she wasn't Town.
This is the very proof that I am trying to note scummy behavior in the thread despite being busy irl.
Same with Stinger, you pushed for her on D2, but then in the following days, on D3, you said that your thoughts on her didn't change but you didn't cast a vote while on D4, I don't think you voted for her? Can you explain more on this?

And Quasar wasn't particularly townie?
Maybe he wasn't particularly townie, but I think Stormy voting Quasar for self-pres spewed him town.

In fact I can actually prove this logic is wrong right now. :tentacruel:
I received, peeked (N1), and destroyed (N2) the Mushroom Kingdom blueprint when the Silent Hill one was already built.

I'll enter in more detail on what the Mushroom Kingdom but it had two roles, and was basically a Ninja Flavorcop for Blueprint, and a 1x random action among a pool which included (Doctor, Poisoner, Vigilante, Fruit Vendor, and Roleblocker). I thought it was ass and wanted to play safe and avoid a potential scum role that could steal it.
Hmmm, your stated actions is consistent with what you said on N2 that you didn't know blueprint actions could be used during the day.

What does the Ninja Flavorcop do? And when you say random, do you mean that you can only target a player, but not know what action is applied?

sorry for not being that active this game, but i don't think my activity has been that nai for me. this is pretty typical posting behavior for me in any mafia game.
Okay, this is fair, though I don't really know what your posting behavior is like, so if anyone else can support this, that would be good

Didn't think it was, but confirms the vote on Stinger from Othinus wasn't a bus, of the 3 other players who voted Stinger I'd say Mido and Divergent are currently lower on my reads list. I don't think Mido would silence herself as scum, so if there was a busser, my money's on Divergent.
I'm not really the type to bus partners either if I could help it and I was in the position to push for a different wagon because of me mentioning that I thought Stormy was town.

Back
Top Bottom