• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [CLOSED]

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [SIGNUPS]

I'd love to join, but I would need to finalize a team and such before I can actually battle. Can I signup anyways?

#In

First time. Very excited

IGN: Little
FC: 4699 6421 4265
Hope you enjoy it! Best of luck!
Let's do this

IGN: Ant
FC: 3494 0242 5879
Indeed we shall, good luck!
Hey guys! I would love to join, but I have a summer class that starts on July1 and it goes until August8th. Can I sign up after that?? Thank you so much!
--Rune
You can sign up at any time (we're doing this so that people can get their teams ready when we kick off) so feel free to sign up when you're ready :)
I want in on this! Terralution reporting for duty! ;) FC = 0061-0455-7709 in game name terren!
Welcome aboard! Added you to the roster, good luck!
Sign me up!
IGN: Jeremy
FC: 4167-4532-4117
Added you to our challenger roster, best of luck! :)
I'll also like to throw my hat in the ring for this; thanks for the referral from twitter.

IGN: Andy
FC: 3153-5167-4856
Ah Twitter has been a massive help spreading the word, glad you could join us :D
I'm in! Trainer name Holly, FC is 5386-8949-6439.
Welcome! Added you to our roster, best of luck! :)
I'm signing up. Trainer Name, Nikolas. Friend Code: 4484-9698-1165
Glad you could join us! Good luck!
I'd love to join, but I would need to finalize a team and such before I can actually battle. Can I signup anyways?
There's no rush, we'll be holding this until September and you are free to sign up any time . If you want you can sign up now then get back to us when your team is done, we'll keep you on the roster for the whole season :)

There's no rush, we'll be holding this until September and you are free to sign up any time . If you want you can sign up now then get back to us when your team is done, we'll keep you on the roster for the whole season :)

Didn't know that, but it's definitely good to know! I'll work on my team and come back when I have something suitable. :)

Can someone explain this to me? I don't quite understand the OP (no offense...)... If someone explains it to me, and I find it interesting, I wouldn't mind participating. ^_^

Can someone explain this to me? I don't quite understand the OP (no offense...)... If someone explains it to me, and I find it interesting, I wouldn't mind participating. ^_^

What is there to not understand? It's a competitive Pokemon Battling league.

Its a League consisting of Gym Leaders and an Elite 4. (just like in the Game)
You sign-up if you would like to challenge any of the Gym Leaders, of course the Gym consisting of a Mono-Type Team. (having the respective type i.e. Fire Gym, only Fire Type pKmN)
There are rules and regulations about the battles and such, and so, The Bulbagarden Battle League.

Update: On their latest round of suspect testing Smogon has recently limited the use of the move Baton Pass to no more than 3 Pokémon on the same team.

Read about discussion of suspect testing here and how the votes went here.

As the BBL follows Smogon rules this shall be added onto our own rules for Season 2. Thank you.

Its a League consisting of Gym Leaders and an Elite 4. (just like in the Game)
You sign-up if you would like to challenge any of the Gym Leaders, of course the Gym consisting of a Mono-Type Team. (having the respective type i.e. Fire Gym, only Fire Type pKmN)
There are rules and regulations about the battles and such, and so, The Bulbagarden Battle League.

Meh. I literally just got into the competitive scene yesterday when I signed up for the latest online competition from the PGL... I'm so thick it'll take me a while to get the hang of THAT, much less a fan run league... I'll pass this time around. ^_^ But it sounds cool.

Meh. I literally just got into the competitive scene yesterday when I signed up for the latest online competition from the PGL... I'm so thick it'll take me a while to get the hang of THAT, much less a fan run league... I'll pass this time around. ^_^ But it sounds cool.
No worries, this season will be open until September so you can sign up and join when you feel up to it :)

Hmm... having a thought here. Maybe it's already occurred to folks, but heck, I'll say it anyways.

True, the purpose of the league is to challenge the "Gym Leaders" and take on the "Elite Four," but the exchange of FC information could certainly foster a communication between the challengers themselves, and even "practice matches" if we liked. The format may be the Smogon OU Standard, but the unique league-style format offers another set of challenges and considerations for us to consider before stepping up to the challenge. I feel it could certainly do us challengers good to get our feet wet a little, give each other some practice runs, and foster sportsmanship and the like between us.

Thoughts?

Hmm... having a thought here. Maybe it's already occurred to folks, but heck, I'll say it anyways.

True, the purpose of the league is to challenge the "Gym Leaders" and take on the "Elite Four," but the exchange of FC information could certainly foster a communication between the challengers themselves, and even "practice matches" if we liked. The format may be the Smogon OU Standard, but the unique league-style format offers another set of challenges and considerations for us to consider before stepping up to the challenge. I feel it could certainly do us challengers good to get our feet wet a little, give each other some practice runs, and foster sportsmanship and the like between us.

Thoughts?
I'm down for it. I'm pretty rusty after taking 2 months off competitive battling.

Thoughts?

I put up the idea of a tournament of champions if multiple people were to beat the E4. I would like to see a tournament of BBL participants though.

Thoughts?
That's a good idea :) This league is mostly focused as a testing ground for challengers to get the hang of their teams while presenting it in a package of "go on an adventure to collect badges to fight the Elite 4" much like in the games. So while this program is a bit of a singular experience, it also serves as a good step for people to become familiar with the Battle Center and get to know people around here.

As you suggested we hope that challengers enjoy their time here, make friends and learn together, not just visit to beat up gym leaders. Tournaments are run here every now and then which you can sign up for if you wish, for now the BBL is focused on helping members through this league but we're open to other avenues in the future.

That being said, feel free to contact me if you want to just have regular battles and I'm sure many of the other gym leaders would feel the same. Always nice to take a break from using mono-type teams :)

Hello! ^^

I would like to join the BBL Season 2!

My 3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. My Trainer Name is Nikolaj! :D

So, when do we start the battling? >:D

I would like to sign up now too. I dont have my planned team done yet but I saw someone in this thread with the same trouble so I join now and start to battle when my team is done.

IGN: Alexander
FC: 2552-1499-7980

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom