• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

Pixar is more consistently high-quality than Disney, but they've also been around for less time. They'll get more misses as the years pass.

the songs whilst catchy and enjoyable, don't really hold up to Toy Story's I Will Go Sailing No More.
you're just jealous because your favorite song can't be easily turned into a Poképun I kid, "Hakuna Matata" isn't my fall-time favorite
For example look at Scar. He's the bad guy. He is bad.

And contrast this with Dot from A Bug's Life. She has her own principles, she has determination and her own attitude to life. She can go toe to toe with the largest and scariest of foes, but it also aware of the skills she lacks, such as not being able to fly too well. She improves on herself from when we are introduced to her up until the credits.

Scar is just a dick. A one dimensional asshole.
If we're going by villains, Hopper wasn't much different from what I remember.​

We call it pop over here aswell.
... I never even thought about what Brits call soda. (Obviously, I call it "soda".)

You can tell a lot about where an American's from within America by the word they use for carbonated beverages. Midwesterners use "pop", people in New England and the Southwest (as well as the southern half of Florida, hello) say "soda", and people in the South call everything "coke", apparently, although I've actually never heard this word for it, everyone around me just says "Coke" for Coca-Cola specifically, but then again Florida isn't a stereotypical "Southern" state, it just kinda hangs off the end of it awkwardly.
I call carbonated beverages 'soda.'

But I also call water fountains 'bubblers.' (I remember watching Mr. Deeds years ago and thought him having a whole fountain of soda was the shit, thinking it was like a fountain they stick in a mall or business to make it look fancy. Upon finding out it was a bubbler, I was a bit disappointed. There's less waste this way, yes, but it just doesn't have that same grand feel.)

I love how America has so many different kinds of Southern accents. They sound so friendly.

When calling a number, try to ask what state the person on the other line is in. It was interesting for me to find out that I was speaking to someone in Kentucky (he had the accent) when I'm in California.
I didn't think you were one for crank calls. :eek:

I do remember my password, because most of them are a variation of one standard. My e-mail is a radically different one though, just to keep safe.
ThatWhichRequiresAPassword

But he has a weakness now so nyah!
So does every pokemon.

Even powerful ones like Beedril have weaknesses.
...shit.

South Park game is my life now. Buy it!
What class are you? (Or classes, if you've replayed it since.)

I love how America has so many different kinds of Southern accents. They sound so friendly.

When calling a number, try to ask what state the person on the other line is in. It was interesting for me to find out that I was speaking to someone in Kentucky (he had the accent) when I'm in California.
I didn't think you were one for crank calls. :eek:
Geek Squad apparently has a repair place in Kentucky.

*likes KMs wallpost*
*posts here again in a few days time*

I seriously keep forgetting to post here.

I played as a thief on my first playthrough, second time I played as Jew. Both were fun though I struggled more during battles as a Jew, some classes are OP in comparison to others I've heard. I think Mage is said to be the most OP.

I should greet new people on the forums. Then they get a taste of the demi-goddess of war that is also an empress. They get a taste for the Lyrebird,

I greet at the Garden Grotto only if I manage to remember it once in a while.

I played as a thief on my first playthrough, second time I played as Jew. Both were fun though I struggled more during battles as a Jew, some classes are OP in comparison to others I've heard. I think Mage is said to be the most OP.

That's what I heard too. I should get a new pc but I don't know where I should buy one.

Stick of Truth doesn't really interest me, but then again I'm not that into South Park. I hear it's basically playing through an episode though, that's how good they integrated everything.

I am not a fan of South Park either. Or any similar cartoon (Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, etc).

South Park is amazing satire. I like it and I watched it up to about Season 15

If you can get past all the fart jokes, I agree with Lyrebird in that South Park is really effective social commentary, more often than not. They make jokes that rub me the wrong way sometimes, yes, but they make sure to do that to everybody. xD

I enjoyed South Park. Well, I haven't watched in a long time, but I liked it when I did. I still have the N64 game somewhere.

South Park has always been too adolescent for my tastes.

I don't think it is. I just think that's assumption considering the satire that's in the show.
I'm not assuming anything, I've watched the show. It's certainly satire, but it isn't Colbert or A Modest Proposal. It's satire of a juvenile and capricious nature, vaguely above the level of Seth McFarlane, and not the sort of satire I'd care to spend my time watching.

Ew, Family Guy.

I adore South Park! Simpsons was amazing back in the 90's as well.

Back
Top Bottom