• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

New CDs have a smell? O-o I'm not really a music person, but that just seems weird.

Books on the other hand, I indeed prefer to have physical copies of.

I just go to youtube for all my music needs.

Conversational Chat??? Wow... I need to jump out from my lurking hole....

I do love smell of old paper and feeling the good quality of paper in my hand when I read page to page. But physical book become really expensive and the quality of paper downgrade.... For economical purpose. I prefer some ebooks now. Then buy a physical copies of books that I really like to read over and over again... Too bad, hardly find good books now and bestseller not as reliable as in old time as indicator of good books again :(.

I kind of feel the same way about e-books. I have nothing against them, and I think that they're great. But I'd rather hold a physical book in my hand.

Not a textbook. Those are better as a eBook

I can barely read long posts these days. I have the attention span of a 5 year old.

Ayn Rand is the literary equivalent of getting shot in the teeth - it's a very long and painful ordeal that adds nothing to your life.

Oh, uh, books...well, the only series I've been significantly into are Harry Potter and Ender's Game. "Significantly into" meaning that I've completed more than one book in said series, specifically I've read four Harry Potter books and three Ender's Game books. I hardly read, pretending that I have any sort of attention span isn't on my agenda.

Ayn Rand is the literary equivalent of getting shot in the teeth - it's a very long and painful ordeal that adds nothing to your life.
Except pain and misery of course.
But all of that builds character.

ch951128_zps1bf355a0.gif~original

Last edited:

I love reading. Mostly because when you're a kid you learn that books are more interesting than hotel tvs in the middle of the day.

I kind of feel the same way about e-books. I have nothing against them, and I think that they're great. But I'd rather hold a physical book in my hand.

Not a textbook. Those are better as a eBook
I prefer physical books over eBooks for learning. I find that the physical interaction is stimulating and helps me learn more. Of course, there are advantages to eBooks for learning as well, such as the ability to search for key terms easily... Not to mention that physical books can get expensive FAST when you're in the tech field and you need access to a lot of different books. Having a Safari subscription helps here.

Sadly, I never had much interest in reading good books for pleasure. The stuff I read these days, when I have the time, is mostly material that helps me build up my INT stat and increase various skill levels. \o/

I've been on a horror kick. Just finished IT and The Shining.

I love reading about the brains faults. When I was younger I loved those kinds of illusions that tricked your mind. Just learning about how imperfect the brain really is fascinates me quite honestly.

Physical books are more expensive, especially textbooks which is why I think it's better to get a used copy or rent a textbook rather than to buy a new copy.

I regret not trying to sell some textbooks online to other people in my college because I sold those books to my college's bookstore for a cheap price.

When needing to read something for a class, I found out that reading the text in physical form or in electronic form makes no difference to me.

However, I do love the new book smell. Old library books don't smell as nice. Though, it is interesting to find things in library books such as typos, things people might write in the book, old library check out receipts, bookmarks, strands of hair, etc.

When I was younger, I used to go to the public library often to read books. I regret not going to my high school library, back when I was still in high school, that often to read books.

I do love reading for pleasure. Hours may pass and I might not notice (maybe I do if I pay attention to how much less light I'm getting if the sun is setting (I like reading books near the windows)). I enjoy reading fiction, especially historical fiction.

I really should consider buying a Kindle or something since I'm running out of book shelf room (makeshift cardboard book shelves don't last forever) and the fact that my room is cluttered (one can never have too many boxes to store stuff).

Back
Top Bottom